HarbethRob

What is the best audio purchase you have ever made?

ops..wrong thread ...ignore ..:ohmy:

Edited by Bass13

Have been using this for over 35 years. It was first introduced to me by Clifford from Audio Synergy back in the early eighties. I could only purchased two small tubes as it was around $30 each back in the day. I will be buying another two tubes now that the price has dropped to around $10 each on Ebay. All I can say is that there is a difference in sound between pre and post application and it is all for the better. Just put a drop on an ear bud and rub them on to the RCA socket of your electronic equipment plus the inside of all RCA cables. While many good equipment have come and go during the years, I would consider this as my best 'audio' purchase. 

s-l225.jpg

My best audio purchase has been every purchase.

I learn something every time I try something new. 

I just can't loose. I'm in it for the learning and the music.

2 hours ago, thimmy118 said:

Have been using this for over 35 years. It was first introduced to me by Clifford from Audio Synergy back in the early eighties. I could only purchased two small tubes as it was around $30 each back in the day. I will be buying another two tubes now that the price has dropped to around $10 each on Ebay. All I can say is that there is a difference in sound between pre and post application and it is all for the better. Just put a drop on an ear bud and rub them on to the RCA socket of your electronic equipment plus the inside of all RCA cables. While many good equipment have come and go during the years, I would consider this as my best 'audio' purchase. 

s-l225.jpg

The cheapest I could find was not cheap. Can you put up a link where one can buy it for $10 thanks.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2-pack-DeoxIT-D100L-2C-2ml-squeeze-tube-100-solution-Brand-New/183251312983?hash=item2aaaa12157:g:100AAOSwKwpbEBgx

cheers Terry

Edited by TerryO

Can you not buy the aerosol version. I bought a can so many years ago I can't remember when, I've still got it. Came back from Spain in 2000, it was winter and went to put the c/heating on - nothing.

But for getting involved in building audio kits it wouldn't even have occurred to me to remove the digital time control unit and have a look at the connection pins. They should have been shiny but were cloudy. The unit was below  the boiler in the kitchen, so moisture was the culprit. 

I cleaned the points with DeOxit and then used Pro-Gold - another excellent product, leaving a film to protect the pins, replaced the unit and bingo the system fired up.

Had I called a plumber he wouldn't have attempted to check out the timer unit but replaced it and charged me plenty for another unit and his time. I reckon it would have cost me well over £150 and that was in 2000.

Pro-Gold isn't cheap for a tiny bottle but there will be plenty left after I've popped my clogs. I intend to use 6N bare copper to make multi-conductor i/connects.,which I will coat with Pro-Gold.

Way to use it - use an empty nail varnish bottle (they are only small) easily available from a girlfriend/wife. Befoe use clean the bottle and it's brush with isopropyl alcohol until both are clean of any varnish. The Pro-Gold comes with a dropper top - take maybe 10 drops and insert into the n/varnish bottle and top up with isopropyl alcohol and shake. The beauty of a nail varnish bottle is that they always come with brush. You can then use this to coat RCA/XLR indeed any connection fittings - the alcohol will evaporate leaving a thin film of Pro-Gold protecting the surface and bettering any electrical contact.

11 hours ago, TerryO said:

The cheapest I could find was not cheap. Can you put up a link where one can buy it for $10 thanks.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2-pack-DeoxIT-D100L-2C-2ml-squeeze-tube-100-solution-Brand-New/183251312983?hash=item2aaaa12157:g:100AAOSwKwpbEBgx

cheers Terry

Hi Terry

Please try this link. I hope it is genuine because I intend to purchase two of these after Christmas.

cheers 

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/DeoxIT-D-Series-D100L-Squeeze-Tube-100-solution-2-ml/401602406180?epid=18024008420&hash=item5d815e6724:g:AtYAAOxyhXRTLgCO