Sime

Apple HomePod pre-orders start 27/1

@blybo I guess I simply can’t see the relevance, ok you have something already, but this thread is about information of a new product, and I’m in no way trying to convince people they need one. If for whatever reason someone doesn’t feel the need to buy it, so be it. 

I don’t really need it either, I have a google home and it’s a POS. It’s a pos because it fails at its simplest task, playing music. 

‘All this HomePod needs to do is to keep me amused while my system is off, and to also play back the never ending random messages the missus sends when she’s bored at work lol. 

Ok

so after just a few hours with one of these I’m calling game changing audio tech, just amazing for the price and size, critically it’s musicaly involving 

😀

1 hour ago, Chill3 said:

Ok

so after just a few hours with one of these I’m calling game changing audio tech, just amazing for the price and size, critically it’s musicaly involving 

😀

That is very cool, you don’t need to be here now.

Is this another spying device like the Google and Amazon things?

How ironic we go to great lengths to make sure we don't have spyware on our computers and yet we actually pay money to have spy devices in our homes listening in to everything that is said or done.

However @Sime is correct, the choice is an individual one.

so far so good, not a bad little speaker at all, can’t wait till AirPlay 2 is out, I need a stereo pair for my Apple TV/Bravia for when I’m just watching the YouTube. I can’t accommodate a sound bar, so this will do nicely. 

Impressive build quality also. 

On 2/9/2018 at 9:57 PM, rantan said:

Is this another spying device like the Google and Amazon things?

How ironic we go to great lengths to make sure we don't have spyware on our computers and yet we actually pay money to have spy devices in our homes listening in to everything that is said or done.

However @Sime is correct, the choice is an individual one.

Actually Apple is very protective of privacy, famously even they can not decrypt the data, much to the displeasure of the FBI. 

Amazon and Google I have less trust in 😎

@Chill3 meh, they could listen to me all day if they liked, but if at any time the trigger words were alerted to by me saying bomb Parliament House and I got raided, kudos to them.  

21 hours ago, Chill3 said:

Actually Apple is very protective of privacy, famously even they can not decrypt the data, much to the displeasure of the FBI. 

Amazon and Google I have less trust in 😎

Spooky, was only just thinking poor old Edgar j was alive at the wrong time.

Interesting read - lots of tech in this thing and it measures very well  - the  7 "tweeters" are in fact BMRs