Adelaide newbie

Benzaah

Hi I’m Ben. Ive been an avid drum and bass collector and dj for 18 Years. I have tinnitus so you’ll have to raise your voice lol. I’m Looking to get a more bass orientated system soon and I’m hoping to get the right advise here.. I’ll be looking to part ways with my trusty Yamaha reference system which was a 21st gift from my dad in 1997.  Wish he still had the original documents from his purchase in 1980! I have a pretty serious linn hifi system as well! Say hi if you wanna chat tunes or stereos.

8876AD22-10E0-4341-93DF-1104C18BE0BC.jpeg

12 minutes ago, Darryl said:

Hi Ben,

Got a photo of the Linn system?

Sorry Darryl, It’s all boxed up at the moment as I’m planning on moving.  All mines is my uncles old hand me downs. I’ve got a lp12, isobarics, Karin pre and lk100’s power x 2. All 1995 vintage. His current system makes my eyes water! Worth as much as a fancy sports car ? I’d post a photo but it’s not mine and you’d then want to find his house and bring some vinyl!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Benzaah said:

Sorry Darryl, It’s all boxed up at the moment as I’m planning on moving.  All mines is my uncles old hand me downs. I’ve got a lp12, isobarics, Karin pre and lk100’s power x 2. All 1995 vintage. His current system makes my eyes water! Worth as much as a fancy sports car ? I’d post a photo but it’s not mine and you’d then want to find his house and bring some vinyl!

Yes and ......

1 hour ago, Benzaah said:

Cool.

My main Linn system is currently boxed up too!. I've recently moved and haven't set it up yet.

Ikemi, Axis, Kairn, 3 x Klouts and Aktiv Kaber speakers.

Will have to set it up soon I think.

Hey grizzly, my record collection could be called one dimensional but if your into dnb it’s about 7 sub genres deep. I’ve got mainly 1999 to 2007 drum and bass with a lot of tech/ neuro funk. Lots of dance floor as well. Think artists like DJ fierce, noisia, d bridge, calyx, tee bee, break and silent witness. Labels like subtitles, metal headz, renegade hardware, bad company and dsci4. I struggle to mix now with my ringing ears and the wife now hates loud music(Houston we have a problem) . But I sit back and reminisce about the old enchanted forest parties and nights at traffic. Define sludgy DnB? Never heard that term before :) 

1 hour ago, Benzaah said:

Hey grizzly, my record collection could be called one dimensional but if your into dnb it’s about 7 sub genres deep. I’ve got mainly 1999 to 2007 drum and bass with a lot of tech/ neuro funk. Lots of dance floor as well. Think artists like DJ fierce, noisia, d bridge, calyx, tee bee, break and silent witness. Labels like subtitles, metal headz, renegade hardware, bad company and dsci4. I struggle to mix now with my ringing ears and the wife now hates loud music(Houston we have a problem) . But I sit back and reminisce about the old enchanted forest parties and nights at traffic. Define sludgy DnB? Never heard that term before :) 

Tracks like Chase & Status "Wizard Killa" with it's dark writhing bassy melody make me think of the word sludge.My copy of the encyclopaedia drum"n"bassica is old and contains much that is apocryphal now.....