Guest Y B

SOLD

Item: Ryan Adams Ashes & Fire EU Pressing
Price: $50
Item Condition: Near mint/as new
Reason for selling: Double
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Bank Transfer Only
Extra Info:

A beautiful sounding album, a must for his fans. According to an article I read, Ryan Adams said: 

"I played acoustic on all of them and sang and played live to tape. We recorded the album ALL 100 percent ANALOG (2″ tape mixed to 1/4″). A computer didn’t touch this album. It has very few overdubs..."

I first bought the US pressing and thought its sound was fine but slightly muddy. Then I heard someone commented the EU MPO pressing being sonically superior. Just at the end of last year, I started to search for it but this first UK/EU MPO pressing has proven quite hard to get. Most of the places I have looked sell the US pressing.

I purchased one from Amazon UK (then £28.90) which was listed limited edition, due to the high price I expected the UK/EU deluxe box but what I received was the exact US single LP I already have. So I returned it and get a refund. I then purchased a copy from Amazon Germany. The same thing happened and again, I returned it!

I then bought it from a seller on Discogs at a higher price. At least now I could get the seller to send me a picture and make sure that it is, in fact, a Made in the EU, MPO pressing (see picture). I bought two copies just in case I got a noisy one, but they both played very quietly with only a few very minor surface noise.

Yes, the sonic is far superior to the US pressing and the effort was worth it. 

*Selling at the price I have paid $50. 
*Will post at buyers expense or pick up.

Pictures:

RyanAdams-AshesNFire-EU-record.jpg.569cdb2457267da188f8b0b98a76d8af.jpg

RyanAdams-AshesNFire-EU-label.jpg.c4a17915acc8e510249129b20e481dff.jpg

Edited by Y B