sir sanders zingmore

SOLD: FS: Audeze LCD-X PRICE DROP

Item:         Audeze LCD-X Headphones
Price:       $1,100
Item Condition: Excellent 
Reason for selling: Not getting enough use
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal,
Extra Info:

Superb headphones. Glorious open sound with clear highs and beautiful mids and bass

New price is around $2,400

Very easy to drive. I've been driving these with a Chord Mojo but they can easily be driven direct from your phone and actually sound remarkably good.

I'll be listing the Mojo separately but if you want to buy as a package I'll do a deal :) 

Pictures: 

IMG_1779.thumb.JPG.644afa07c1065e565e448f38951c16a5.JPG

IMG_1780.thumb.JPG.2bcb3ae7ba29bb237d66f3b55f8a5b3d.JPG

IMG_1778.thumb.JPG.1e2968da944878400499b409adced43d.JPG

IMG_1776.JPG

Edited by Sir Sanders Zingmore

Photos added. 

I forgot to mention they come with the flight case thingy you can see. So they should be shippable 

Had a few people offering some trades. Interesting as they were, unfortunately that doesn't work for me.

So these fine 'phones are still for sale

Still here 

I have a barely used mojo that I'm going to list separately but if you take them together I'll sell both for $1,600

Only if I have the money... Love the Audeze house sound.... Very well priced too. GLWTS :)

For those that missed the LCD-XC that was just sold in the classifieds, this is going for the same price 

That one was the closed-back version, mine is the open-backed (which I prefer ... of course...)

GLWTS  SirZingalinga.

Openbacks  are a considered choice.

10 minutes ago, Luc said:

GLWTS  SirZingalinga.

Openbacks  are a considered choice.

Agree completely. I auditioned both these and the closed-back LCD-XC. 

The XC sounded very dark and claustrophobic to me 

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By BlueOceanBoy
      Item: Rosson Audio Design RAD-0 Planar Magnetic Audiophile Headphones - As new in box
      Price: $3999 ono - all offers considered
      Item Condition: New in open box
      Reason for selling: I bought two from US website - I prefer the other colour
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
      Extra Info:
      For Sale
      Rosson Audio Design RAD-0 Planar Magnetic Headphones – “Golden Nebula”
      As new in box – Limited Edition #50/100
      $3999 ono
      Avoid GST + customs tax + shipping = $660
      There is no AUS distributor – sold out on Rosson website
      Bought from US site – with included invoice (I bought two and decided on the other colour)

Our Take
      Alex Rosson’s new RAD-0, is an impressive bit of sound engineering, with a very solid, punchy bass capable of hitting hard, while maintaining great balance throughout the sound spectrum. The sound scales up nicely to high-end equipment, with the soundstage opening up significantly when driven balanced (Rosson is developing a stock balanced cable, to be released soon).
      It’s a fairly heavy headphone, with very luxurious earpads, that also wants a fairly powerful amplifier to sound its’ best
      This unique headphone, dubbed “Golden Nebula” features dazzling golden grilles over brightly colored resin rings that remind of deep space, with just a touch of woodgrain at the top for a truly special looking headphone.

Please note: each and every one of these first-run Rosson Audio RAD-0 is a unique creation visually, limited quantity of one. When this one is sold, it’s gone forever.

The Speaker
      Development of the RAD-0 begins with the heart of our product: the speaker (commonly known as the “transducer” or “driver” to our fellow audiophiles). Since planar speakers can be very delicate, we use a material with an extremely low mass, the strength to withstand high temperatures, movement and electrical load, and the durability to last a lifetime.
      After sourcing the speaker material, we begin designing a circuit and magnetic structure for our diaphragm. When it comes to speakers, many people assume bigger is better. Our goal, however, is to achieve a balanced sound while keeping the headphones light and comfortable. To achieve this, we fit a proprietary array of 11 N52 magnets into a medium-sized 66mm speaker. The result is a perfectly balanced listening experience with detailed transients and mids, a very tight and controlled low end, and the size and weight to comfortably wear the headphones for hours.

The Housing
      For as long as we can remember, we’ve dreamed of offering unique, custom creations with an aesthetic worthy of our premium sound. We always loved materials such as micarta and stabilized wood, and we believe we have the vision and skill to incorporate these materials into our designs. Straying from the beaten path, we collect burl, maple, teak, rocks, gems, and any other beautiful item that we can fit into our casting mold. Through determination and finesse, we turn these raw materials into rings, and then we sand and polish them before drilling entry holes for the yokes and input port.

Assembly & Testing
      While one half of the team works on the housings, the other half assembles the speakers in small batches and lets them “preburn” at 100dB for two weeks to help enrich their sound. The speakers then go through rigorous testing and validation to ensure that each pair is ready for its new home. Our testing tolerance is 0.3dB variance, and only those speakers that make it past the cut get installed into their newly made housings.

The Headband
      After installing a speaker into the housings, we turn our attention to the headband. Weight is always an issue with planar magnetic speakers, so we focus on offsetting the weight with balanced curvature, clamping force and proper placement of perfectly dense padding. The result is the most comfortable planar headphone with the smoothest size adjustment design ever created.

Specifications
      Style: Over-Ear, Open-Back Earpads – Headband : Sustainable Synthetic Protein Leather Cable: 1.2 Meters / 3.5mm TRS Transducer Type: Planar Magnetic Transducer Size: 66 Mm Frequency Response: 20hz – Beyond Audible Range THD: <0.1% Impedance: 29 Ohms
      Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

• By RadBrad
      Item: Audeze LCD-2C Classic Planar Magnetic Headphones and Arctic Cables Klotz XLR OFC Cable
      Price: $879 plus postage
      Item Condition: Excellent
      Reason for selling: NLR
      Extra Info: In excellent condition, no marks or scratches. Comes with $180 custom Klotz XLR OFC Arctic Cable, original box and original 1/4 inch cable

• By RadBrad
      Item: Audeze LCD-2C Classic Planar Magnetic Headphones and Arctic Cables Klotz XLR OFC Cable
      Price: $899 plus postage
      Item Condition: Excellent
      Reason for selling: NLR
      Extra Info: In excellent condition, no marks or scratches. Comes with $180 custom Klotz XLR OFC Arctic Cable, original box and original 1/4 inch cable

• By reflux075
      Item: Audeze EL-8 Titanium Close Back Full Size Planar Headphones
      Price: $390
      Item Condition: EXCELLENT! Used less than 5 times including once just before writing this ad up.
      Reason for selling: Just not into headphones.
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
      Extra Info: Can post at buyers cost, I still have the box and shipping carton. Bought from @Spider27 as a brand new, refurbished headphone. Tried it 2 or 3 times and could not get into the headphone thing and it went into the cupboard. 
      Pictures: Sorry about the pics, cannot seem to rotate them.

• By Craig_H
      Item: AUDEZE LCD-2 Planar Magnetic Headphones with fazor
      Price: $1300 shipped to any state
      Item Condition: New
      Reason for selling: Found another combination that suits my music better
      Extra Info: Essentially brand new in box (note: not the plastic hard case). Purchased a few days ago and used for less than 2 hours. Stupidly, I found another combination that suits my tastes better (Campfire Cascade closed back + custom balanced cable). This model LCD-2 is a fazor model with leather headband and Rosewood cups. $rrp for this combo is around the $1800 mark. Price includes express post to anywhere in Australia (insurance for $1300 will be $25 extra).