The first Song that you remember

On 4/3/2018 at 5:48 PM, mrbuzzardstubble said:

My older brother had Smoke Gets In Your Eyes. Great song.

Yeah, that's probably as familiar as the one I picked, my mum used to sing both of those songs.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

first LP i ever bought and still own, Mono Hendrix Axis:Bold as love, track 2 side 2, Castles made of sand......the lyrics... all about life, remains a fovorite song today.

bought a stereo copy many years later, passed it on soon after, sounded like a different record, the mixing was very different

15243974423601972234763.jpg

On 22/04/2018 at 9:50 PM, Sime said:

The theme song on the opening credits of the show Bell Birds. 

If we're including TV show themes, then I have to say the Crusader Rabbit theme. Yeah, I know, I'm an old bugger.

• 11 months later...

This is a good test and a great thread. :-)

I have random memories of album covers of tapes and LP's  during the early 80's that my Mum & Dad had bought (Crystal Gayle - those blue eyes! and Abbey Road - an iconic image),  I remember my Mum crying next the stereo/radio when John Lennon died - but if its an actual song I'd have to say ' Start Me Up' by the Rolling Stones and again this is due to the strong memory of the album cover - it was quite unique to me (i was probably 6-7) when it was brought home and put in the tape player...and then that riff!! 

Thanks for making me think about this. 

image.png.0350f4dc5dec0aec172ed488632dadf0.png

Edited by rowbo
clarity :-)