Active XO into passive 3 way

David Bil

Perhaps you need to explain yourself more fully, before we can help you?

You seem to have passive speakers - and you've shown their XO diagram.  All in all a pretty simple 3-way parallel XO:

• 2nd order (nominally 12dB) LP for the woofer
  • 1st order (6dB) HP & LP for the mid, and
  • 1st order (6dB) HP for the tweeter.

So why are you trying to use an active XO with them?  (You asked about using lukas's P17 XO.)  If "lukas's P17" is actually a power amp - then I suggest you would use either the 4 ohm tap or the 8 ohm tap ... and listen to see which one sounds better.

Andy

46 minutes ago, David Bil said:

diagram I uploaded is for a 3 way parallel.

I need to wire the same components in 3 way series with bass in opposite polarity?

You haven't answered the question I should've directly asked.  WTF is a "lukas P17" ... is it a power amp or an XO (as you stated)?

And you need to tell us why you think that a series passive XO arrangement will sound better than the parallel arrangement you currently have.  (IME, series 3-way are complicated ... series 2-way are simple.)

Andy

• Like 1

On 1/20/2018 at 4:48 PM, andyr said:

You haven't answered the question I should've directly asked.  WTF is a "lukas P17" ... is it a power amp or an XO (as you stated)?

He probably thought that everyone is familiar with Lampizator, Łukasz Fikus from Poland.

Lampizator's speaker project

Edited by rockeater
spelling

On 19/01/2018 at 6:23 PM, David Bil said:

How would one connect up lukas's P17 XO passively in a 3 way or mixed series parrallel I have 4, 8 and 16 ohm taps.

endorphin XO.jpg

More of this would help understand the question...

70BCBCC3-F2CA-4991-8240-54A0569D089A.jpeg

1D2B10F0-965B-497B-9552-7E182700280C.jpeg

Edited by Al.M
  • Like 1