HT floorstanders advice

Hi all.

Looking to upgrade the floorstanders in my system. Usage is 70% home theatre 30% music. Budget is max $2500 for speakers. Can also buy another amp on top of this, prefer to get a cheaper amp (i.e Crown / Class D) as in my not too educated opinion I feel amps date much more quickly than speakers.

Current system:

Receiver: Yamaha RX-V373

Floorstanders: Yamaha NS-50F

Centre: Aaron CC-240

Rears: Denon SC-F107

Subs: SVS NSB12 + Yamaha YST-SW216

TV: Hisense 4K 55" M7000

The room is 5.0l x 4.2w x 3.3h, with a 0.9w x 2.0l bay window on one side.

WAF - Should be Jarrah or Cherry veneer. Fronts need to sit in the corners, max 15cm spacing from wall/corner.

I've been obsessed with getting the Klipsch RF-7ii for the past month or so, despite having never heard them in person. The idea of having four 10s in the system to get some real HT SPL happening seems very appealing, and I like the stocky look of them.  However, even with sales currently going in the US they look like they'll cost closer to $3,500 landed, plus I'm running the risk of damage in transit, international warranty issues and so on. So, local options I'm considering are:

Ascension Timberwolf 2103GQTL and 8892SQTL (new)
VAF DCX or i66 (likely second hand)
Aaron ATS5 (used)

I will be able to demo the VAFs soon but the Timberwolves are more difficult given Adelaide Speakers are a manufacturer rather than a showroom. I've contacted Edward and I'm able to demo the single 10" version but not the dual. Perhaps a more challenging factor is also that the 8892SQTL has a ribbon tweeter which I've never heard in person before. 

As such, if anyone in SA has either of the above I could have a listen to I'd really appreciate it. Beer or wine on offer for your troubles. As for the speakers in general, do you think the Timberwolf 2103GQTL is a reasonable possibility for my setup or will the wall position make it a boomy mess? Obviously it might be a bit of bass overkill to run two subs with the above too but I am a bit of a tragic basshead.

Advice appreciated

Thanks Trevor. There are some on sale in the US now for US$1800 a pair which is half the new price of the IIIs. Shipping and insurance kills it for me though. Likely getting some VAF DCX via the classifieds here this weekend ?

If you're in SA Krix is right in your backyard.. Trusted in many, many cinemas in Australia and also globally, might be a brand to consider.  If you can find either of these second hand they may meet your budget or ask what they can do from a dealer new:

http://www.krix.com.au/harmonix-mk2/

http://www.krix.com.au/neuphonix-mk2/

3 hours ago, steffanth said:

adelaide speakers make a very good product at a great price point. The workmanship and attention to details is fantastic........there is nothing crappy about them.  I believe they compete favourably with other speakers at higher price points,  due to there being no middleman to put their markups on.

I have the top model ascention slimline floorstanders with a very large centre channel with matching drivers.  I personally love the ribbon tweeters.  I find them nice and smooth. 

Yes my previous generation transmission line Timberwolves have great  low frequency extension ; Edward put the ports at the back top of the enclosure for me to help with boundary issues  . Edward also put in a pro style ribbon tweeter and its articulate and smooth too. It also goes lower into the midrange so no need for multiple crossovers you have with a 3 way :thumb: