Local Loaner - Pre Amp

Gijo1977

This is a shout out to the ACT HiFi crowd,

I am in the process of moving to a system of separates, rather than the Integrated I have now. I am currently loaning the Graham Slee mono blocks to act as power, however I would like to trial a few Pre options to get a feel for what works with them (and me).

So without spending money hand over fist in search of the sound, I was hoping there may be some friendly and helpful members here in the ACT who may have the ability to loan me a preamp or two over the coming weeks? Any and all options would be considered as I really have no idea yet :)

Options I am currently considering for audition (if I can find them) include:

Schiit Fulla

ME14/15/24/25

Musical Fidelity (X-Pre v3, A6, KW?)

Sanders Preamplifier

Heron Audio - VTSP1

Cary SLP 70

About 1000 others I don't even know about yet ;)

Anyway, I appreciate any and all offers for a local loaner, I can organise to collect and return the goods, and I can also offer to loan the latest NAD C388 in return, just in case the pre leaves a hole in your HiFi system! Or you want to hear what NAD has been up to lately.

I should also add, that as long as Keith at Wyndham is aware and happy to loan the monos, there is an opportunity to stick these little wonders in your system for a listen.

Thanks

Dan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

slightly difficult to loan something that you need everyday ... maybe some of us could help by offering you a listen to our systems and the chance to do a mix and match on an afternoon ...

Hey guys, thanks both for your offers, it’s funny though, as about 9 hours ago I came across a local ME pre and snapped it up :-)
I am interested in another GTG though, so maybe in the next few months I will go about organizing one, and we can have a bit of fun with some component shuffling?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey Mate,

Sorry for the delayed reply, I stopped watching the thread.

It would be pretty cool to try a couple of pre-amps as a bit of a test. It might pay to organize another GTG in the ACT?

• 4 weeks later...

Currently I am using an upgraded ME25 pre, and it is working well.

I would be interested in expanding this thread to be more of a general loan/trial request thread for ACT based SNAers, but that is really up to the community.

I would also be keen to see if we can organize a GTG in the next few months, though I may need to be at another member’s location?