Can I connect chrome cast into a hdmi port on a Bose lifestyle 20 System, trying to use the Bose speakers , can’t get to TV hdmi ports to use via tv.  Am a novice at this stuff 

If the hdmi input on the bose thing functions like a typical HDMI input on tv (Ie takes in video and audio signal, not just audio) I see no reason it should;t work. Easy enough to just test it though :)

yeah the BOSE HDMI input should be standard connector. I know Google doesn't officially support Chromecasts being plugged directly into and AVR and all documentation is about being plugged into a TV directly.

I have mine plugged directly into my AVR (Onkyo 656) and it works great. The Google Home voice activation works perfectly using HDMI CEC which turns on the AVR and the TV and sets everything to the right input, but it can only turn everything ON not OFF.

I found that the Chromecast Ultra was plugged directly into the TV I couldn't get Netflix to stream multi channel Dolby Digital Audio through the TV to the AVR via ARC. I tried everything. Files played in Plex would send multi channel but Netflix just wouldn't. Plugged it into the AVR and Netflix sends all the channels correctly. Oh well.

Long story short is that it should and might work better for multi channel audio :)

22 hours ago, PauliD said:

I know Google doesn't officially support Chromecasts being plugged directly into and AVR and all documentation is about being plugged into a TV directly.

I didn't know that! I've always run my Chromecast via an AVR and never gave it a second thought. It's always worked fine. I can't see any reason why it wouldn't work the Bose either