realysm42

SOLD: FS: Usher Mini Dancer 2 (DMD)

Item: Usher Mini Dancer 2 (Diamond tweeters)
Price: 4,250
Item Condition: Very good (9/10)
Reason for selling: Incoming baby boy (It will break my heart when he's learning to use crayons!)
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal
Extra Info: Up for sale is a pair of 
Usher Mini Dancer 2 (DMD)s. Here's what you need to know:

• One owner (me), bought from brand new (I can verify this)
  • They come with:
  1. original footers,
  2. speaker covers and
  3. all original packaging
  • Only driven with high quality electronics (Sanders Magtech stereo amp)
  • Never been smoked around
  • These have usable bass down to 24HZ - exceptional for a two way. Plus it's front ported, meaning that it integrates a lot more easily into difficult / smaller rooms.

Here's what the press have to say about them (Click title for full review):

1. Hi-fi world "The Mini-Two gets a lot from its two-way drive unit arrangement. The bass/mids run high and the Diamond tweeter’s layered construction pushes resonance out to 19kHz; other Diamond tweeters resonate at 15kHz, giving artificially enhanced treble. The Usher tweeter avoids this effect. The Mini-Two has very wide bandwidth as a result and should deliver a smooth, clean and accurate sound in use"

2. The Absolute Sound "The Mini Two DMD is a finely detailed, nuanced, full-range transducer that is relatively easy to drive and that sounds dynamically alive. These qualities make it ideal for those who know and love what ultra-premium loudspeakers can do, but who have decided (either as a matter of preference or necessity) to hold loudspeaker expenditures within the $5000/ pair price range. Within that range, the Usher distinguishes itself, not by achieving “perfection,” but by doing many more things right for the money than listeners might think possible"

3. Home theatre hi-fi (Beryllium tweeter review) "It is probably abundantly clear from this review how impressed I was with the Usher Mini Two’s and BE-616. From their impeccable build quality to their unbelievable sound, these are the most impressive speakers I’ve had the pleasure of having in my home."

4. The Absolute Sound (Beryllium tweeter review) "Consider this speaker if: you have admired the look and sound of premium priced speakers in the roughly $10k range, but simply could not afford them. In essence, the Mini Dancer Two cuts the cost of entry to that performance spectrum in half. The Mini Dancer Two preserves most of the strengths of the Be-718 (sonic transparency, neutral tonal balance, richness and purity of timbres, and an involving and expressive sound) while delivering noticeably deeper bass extension and even more expansive dynamics. In fact, in some respects it is nipping at the heels of Usher’s larger Dancer models, which is saying a mouthful."

You're welcome to come to mine to audition them. I'm all digital, so bring over some reference tracks if you want to hear what they can do!

NB. I'd MUCH rather you pick these up than use a courier; I originally bought an ex demo pair from a dealer that had to courier them, they got damaged in transit and would hate for that to happen to someone after purchase. I'm happy to help pack them up and can show you some handy tricks in that respect.

Pictures:

Below: An older photo from a previous house.

7_zpsd98d3431.JPG

Below: Lovely piano black finish. Whisky not included!

P1110104.JPG

P1110106.JPG

P1110094.JPG

P1110089.JPG

P1110091.JPG

Edited by realysm42
Tidying up

I had the mini dancer ones which sounded very good , the detail out of the  dmd tweeter is amazing without being harsh.bass is very good also. Build quality is superb at any price. 

Glwts 

The Balvenie is such good value whisky! Oh and I suppose the speakers are good :thumb:

8 hours ago, maccdaddy said:

The Balvenie is such good value whisky! Oh and I suppose the speakers are good :thumb:

I’m looking forward to trying the 16! Do you know if the 21!is any good?

Hi mate. Congrats on the incoming. I have a two year old and I’m surprised how he has always left all of my hifi gear alone. I wouldn’t sell based on that. When he was younger I fenced off the speaker/tv area at front of room. 

8 hours ago, Mike13 said:

Hi mate. Congrats on the incoming. I have a two year old and I’m surprised how he has always left all of my hifi gear alone. I wouldn’t sell based on that. When he was younger I fenced off the speaker/tv area at front of room. 

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your input, I've had a coupe of near misses just having the dog in the house and have only escaped by pure luck so far.

I'm justifying this sale to myself by knowing I'll get peace of mind, but also got the green light from the missus for a substantial upgrade in the future :cool:

No worries. An upgrade will be something to look forward to :)

Beautiful speakers. New owner will be very happy! Congrats on the sale.