Krispy Audio

New Krispy Audio Store!!

Outstanding...will come for a listen...now that I am a temp NSWelshman...

That reminds me...have a couple more cables to send for the Cam touch....

Don't want them returned Krispy thank you...

Now the proud owner of a (used) Esoteric amp...

So I guess I have joined the club...well sort of...

On ‎13‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 1:21 PM, Krispy Audio said:

Located in Berowra NSW

Great spot, nice set-up there... will have to pop in sometime. :)

JSmith :ninja:

Big thanks for the tunes and all the hospitality yesterday Cam... your new shop is looking and sounding amazing, just love it.

The Esoteric + Bespoke + 300B + OMA horns is OMAgawd good and same with your coffee. Just got the Genelecs powered up and all is sweet with the music... good luck with it all.

Sponsor
On 13/01/2018 at 4:11 PM, firefly0071 said:

Show us the coffee machine!

Happily! Like the hifi system, my coffee setup is always evolving. Already got sights on another lever machine :) 

Behind the scenes is a Green Bean coffee roaster. I'm roasting single origin predominantly from Ethiopia, but will be adding some variety so I can offer anyone a selection of regions to select from. That brings me to the grinder...

I picked up a Mazzer Major which was ex-cafe. It hadn't been used in about a decade. It was in bad shape so I pulled it down. I thought whilst it was apart I may as well have it sandblasted and 2-pack painted (Holden Captiva pearlescent black). New burrs were installed. With my relatively low usage, grind retention was a concern so I replaced the doser with the funnel. I weigh the dose before grinding (hence the scales and test tube caddy), this way I can rotate beans and keep my doses fairly consistent. 

Machines - I alternate between the ECM Giotto and Elektra Micro Casa Leva. The ECM is great if I need to get through a few coffees quickly, but my heart belongs to the lever machine. Contemplating selling the ECM...

I like to use Reg Barber tampers and just ordered a naked portafilter for the Elektra. 

The coffee sack frames above are actually 50mm thick acoustic panels I framed with maple timber, so offer a dual purpose! 

KrispyCafe.jpg