Krispy Audio

New Krispy Audio Store!!

Outstanding...will come for a listen...now that I am a temp NSWelshman...

That reminds me...have a couple more cables to send for the Cam touch....

Don't want them returned Krispy thank you...

Now the proud owner of a (used) Esoteric amp...

So I guess I have joined the club...well sort of...

On ‎13‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 1:21 PM, Krispy Audio said:

Located in Berowra NSW

Great spot, nice set-up there... will have to pop in sometime. :)

JSmith :ninja:

Big thanks for the tunes and all the hospitality yesterday Cam... your new shop is looking and sounding amazing, just love it.

The Esoteric + Bespoke + 300B + OMA horns is OMAgawd good and same with your coffee. Just got the Genelecs powered up and all is sweet with the music... good luck with it all.

Sponsor
On 13/01/2018 at 4:11 PM, firefly0071 said:

Show us the coffee machine!

Happily! Like the hifi system, my coffee setup is always evolving. Already got sights on another lever machine :) 

Behind the scenes is a Green Bean coffee roaster. I'm roasting single origin predominantly from Ethiopia, but will be adding some variety so I can offer anyone a selection of regions to select from. That brings me to the grinder...

I picked up a Mazzer Major which was ex-cafe. It hadn't been used in about a decade. It was in bad shape so I pulled it down. I thought whilst it was apart I may as well have it sandblasted and 2-pack painted (Holden Captiva pearlescent black). New burrs were installed. With my relatively low usage, grind retention was a concern so I replaced the doser with the funnel. I weigh the dose before grinding (hence the scales and test tube caddy), this way I can rotate beans and keep my doses fairly consistent. 

Machines - I alternate between the ECM Giotto and Elektra Micro Casa Leva. The ECM is great if I need to get through a few coffees quickly, but my heart belongs to the lever machine.

I like to use Reg Barber tampers and just ordered a naked portafilter for the Elektra. 

The coffee sack frames above are actually 50mm thick acoustic panels I framed with maple timber, so offer a dual purpose! 

KrispyCafe.jpg

Edited by Krispy Audio

Sponsor

Had an enjoyable time at Mr Krispy’s new store last Saturday.  Fantastic room that is comfortable, spacious and excellent for the demonstration of audio equipment.  It’s how a demonstration room should be - simple and elegant with a variety of gear to demo easily. 

A highlight was seeing a VPI Prime Signature in the flesh.  Gorgeous gloss  finish on the plinth - superb. Cameron had some vinyl playing on another VPI Prime with a Hana MC cart - lovely. 

Oh yes, the coffee was pretty darn good too. :thumb:

Thanks for the hospitality, Cameron. Wish you every success with the new store.  Don’t forget that if my numbers come up, I’ll be on the phone to order that VPI Classic Direct Drive. 

What is the coffee roaster?

On 18/01/2018 at 11:59 AM, Krispy Audio said:

Happily! Like the hifi system, my coffee setup is always evolving. Already got sights on another lever machine :) 

Behind the scenes is a Green Bean coffee roaster. I'm roasting single origin predominantly from Ethiopia, but will be adding some variety so I can offer anyone a selection of regions to select from. That brings me to the grinder...

I picked up a Mazzer Major which was ex-cafe. It hadn't been used in about a decade. It was in bad shape so I pulled it down. I thought whilst it was apart I may as well have it sandblasted and 2-pack painted (Holden Captiva pearlescent black). New burrs were installed. With my relatively low usage, grind retention was a concern so I replaced the doser with the funnel. I weigh the dose before grinding (hence the scales and test tube caddy), this way I can rotate beans and keep my doses fairly consistent. 

Machines - I alternate between the ECM Giotto and Elektra Micro Casa Leva. The ECM is great if I need to get through a few coffees quickly, but my heart belongs to the lever machine.

I like to use Reg Barber tampers and just ordered a naked portafilter for the Elektra. 

The coffee sack frames above are actually 50mm thick acoustic panels I framed with maple timber, so offer a dual purpose! 

KrispyCafe.jpg

Why two tampers?

8 hours ago, Kaynin said:

Why two tampers

Balanced outputs...

So is it a HiFi store that gives coffee, or a cafe that has HiFi equipment for sale?

Either works for me

Sponsor

Balanced tamping lol. Nah 2 tampers because the Elektra MCaL on the left has a 49mm basket, and the Giotto has an E61 group with 58mm basket. The roasting machine isn't pictured, I use a Green Bean roaster. Just roasted some Costa Rican beans (something new for me) and may blend with my regular Ethiopian single origin. 

I've since sold the Giotto, in the next few weeks I'm hoping the next machine will here (most likely a Profitec Pro 800 lever).

Bit of a delay on the posting, but just a quick thanks to Cameron for his hospitality on Saturday afternoon. Coffee was excellent, but it was the sound of those horns that had me a bit fixated. Could listen to them for hours. The layout was very relaxed, with some very enticing items of equipment on display. Good luck with the venture Cameron.

Yes, OMA have a very interesting background and approach to sound. Any chance you're planning a tour to Melbourne with their speakers @Krispy Audio ? Would love to have a listen, for consideration.

Sponsor

Hmmm possibly. I'll be down for the Australian Hifi and AV Show on 19th Oct and there's a good chance I'll bring these down with me. If that's too far away and you're wanting to do something sooner, I wonder if I can entice you to make the trip up here? 

8 hours ago, Krispy Audio said:

Balanced tamping lol. Nah 2 tampers because the Elektra MCaL on the left has a 49mm basket, and the Giotto has an E61 group with 58mm basket. The roasting machine isn't pictured, I use a Green Bean roaster. Just roasted some Costa Rican beans (something new for me) and may blend with my regular Ethiopian single origin. 

I've since sold the Giotto, in the next few weeks I'm hoping the next machine will here (most likely a Profitec Pro 800 lever).

Give the Costa Ricans a bit longer to settle, they can be a abit bright if drinking early.

Should be an interesting combo with the East African.

Any info on the Green Bean Roaster, I'm after a sample roaster that does more than a couple of hundred grams.

1 hour ago, Krispy Audio said:

Hmmm possibly. I'll be down for the Australian Hifi and AV Show on 19th Oct and there's a good chance I'll bring these down with me. If that's too far away and you're wanting to do something sooner, I wonder if I can entice you to make the trip up here? 

I'll send you a PM.

Sponsor
2 hours ago, joz said:

Give the Costa Ricans a bit longer to settle, they can be a abit bright if drinking early.

Should be an interesting combo with the East African.

Any info on the Green Bean Roaster, I'm after a sample roaster that does more than a couple of hundred grams.

They have a 600g and 1.2kg roaster, although that's the canister capacity. I would say I get about 400g (I have the 600g version). So I'd say 800-900g from the larger one. 

I thought I'd try a 1/4 mix of the Costas today with the Ethiopian just for fun (I realise a few days too early) and the taste was similar but more bland than usual. I'm actually after some brightness as I'm finding it is a little on the sweet side, so if they don't work will go to Columbian to spice things up. 

https://beans.net.au/pages/roasters 

10 hours ago, Krispy Audio said:

They have a 600g and 1.2kg roaster, although that's the canister capacity. I would say I get about 400g (I have the 600g version). So I'd say 800-900g from the larger one. 

I thought I'd try a 1/4 mix of the Costas today with the Ethiopian just for fun (I realise a few days too early) and the taste was similar but more bland than usual. I'm actually after some brightness as I'm finding it is a little on the sweet side, so if they don't work will go to Columbian to spice things up. 

Thanks, that's the contact I was after. I'd lost their contact details and couldn't remember their name.

On 13/02/2018 at 8:49 PM, Krispy Audio said:

That coffee roaster looks like a great toy - sadly I have too many toys (apparently). I look forward to popping in at some stage when I am up your way.