What do I need...??

Hey all well I just bought a Project 9.2 evolution like new (My first Turntable)and a New DL-103R MC cart I have a Onkyo TX-NR3010 amp I know the Amp won't give me the best sound so was wondering what you could recommend (Amp-phono etc whatever I need to get it running) I have a budget of around $1500 could go a bit more for a great buy 2nd hand ?? Thanx..

Edited by Yetiman

Guest Runaway

Just realised you are looking at a budget of $1500 for phono and possibly amp, so my recommendation of a $1500 phono is not a good one.  You may want to look at something like a Dynavector P75 Mk III which would cost about $450 secondhand.  One of the best phono under 1k.  That will leave you just over 1k for an amp.  

Edited by Runaway

Wondering if you're just going to get a long list cos there's plenty of options. 

Project are making a range of hybrid tube and SS phonos with a good amount of adjustability. 

If you get interested in battery Phono drop me a PM. 

@Yetiman saw your interest in the 8100, just a note, as discribed in the ad the pre amp on this model has no phono stage and  can't connect directly to your TT. I paired it with the jarrah as IMO they would be a perfect match. However the phono must also match your cartridge, I was interested in the Jarrah myself but the cart I'm using has a .25 Mv output and the recommended MC low on the Jarrah is .3 it would still work but good practice to get the values right. 

Your DL 103 R has the same output .25 Mv so my suggestion for the Jarrah is not suited for that cart either. My Bad 

Edited by Powerglide