DriveHub

Guest vagabond

Guest vagabond

I've ordered one of these:   https://collectiveminds.ca/shop/allconsoles/drivehub/

It'll be about $140 landed, which seems a lot, but I have a G27 sitting gathering dust, and an old Microsoft 360 wireless wheel doing the same. Both have a Wheelstand Pro, and I'll be buggered if I'm going to throw more money down that track just because Sony decided to rip everyone off again. So, I'll see how this device goes, it has very good reviews so far.

Anyone have one, or are interested in whether it works or not?

• 4 weeks later...
Guest vagabond

For what it's worth, this unit does exactly what it says on the box.  I picked up Project Cars 2 from JB for $60, plugged it all in, (oh wait, 12 hours to download patches first!) and it worked. First time.

There is no lag, absolutely none. I have a G27 wheel that the PS4 thinks is a G29 and it operates absolutely perfectly - I can remap nearly all of the buttons, and shifter works perfectly as well, didn't even need to buy it as an add-on. Next step is to try it out on the XBone, once the damned games download. Not sure which wheel is emulated with that console.

Next step after that is to get a 360 wireless controller receiver, this means I'll be able to hook my old Xbox 360 wheel up to the Xbone, PS4 and PS3, with the added bonus that I'll be able to have both wheels running at the same time on the PS3. Or I might even get another drivehub and have both wheels running on any of the consoles.

• 3 months later...