New hi end Emo XMR1 avr surfaces

New avr based on the top of the line RMC1 announced for a few months time ' IMG_1875.JPG.80c09e6fed1bbd6d82e08809ed43ccba.JPG

The front l/c/r channels are fully balanced input to output ; no single ended to balanced like the opposition , OEM pro class d explains the gobs of power  :)As used by D sonic amps..

Our amplifier modules are among the most powerful on the market providing up to 4 kW.

The Performance are based on our proprietary UMAC™ class-D technology offering unmatched audio specifications in the pro audio industry 

https://www.soundandvision.com/content/emotiva-shows-new-avr-and-separates

https://www.avnirvana.com/threads/emotiva’s-top-secret-xmr-1-avr-makes-an-appearance-at-ces-2018.2061/

Edited by cwt

On ‎12‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 4:04 PM, Itsmoi said:

Hmmm, this sounds an option, or the talked about cheaper version of this more so, wait and see.

Yes they have their plates full atm getting the RMC1 out and the hdmi/atmos upgrades for the XMC1 . Hopefully the cheaper one will get the new dirac algorithm . This XMR1 was certainly out of the blue :)

I wonder if they will accept 40% processor upgrade vouchers on this?

Doubtful I reckon ; its not like the possibility of selling a power amp too exists :cool:

Edited by cwt

• 2 months later...
4 hours ago, steffanth said:

with the upgrade to the xmc-1........it puts it right back as a really good option for me..........as i know i will never truly be able to use the capabilities of the rmc-1

With the news from analog devices as to the delayed timing of the new production chipsets for the shared pcb/s you will be waiting more than a few months [ as will we all:cool:]  Steffan..

2 possible reasons to go for the RMC1 ; its numero uno to be here first 2. Dirac Unison ; wont be on the XMC1 and if you happen to have 40% off that's a compelling argument :thumb:

To be fair the XMC1 is a tried and tested design so you wont be a beta tester for the company anywhere as much. 

4 hours ago, steffanth said:

I only wish i had a 40% off voucher.......anyone have one they are never likely to use?

Be interesting to see what the price of the rmc-1 comes out at here in oz.  

My guess would be $7499 rrp in Australia

4 hours ago, rocky500 said:

Anywhere around that would still be a bargain for what you get I think . If its a similar markup to the XMC1 you would hope that's very close ; theres all the 25% off ugfl people too.  As a comparison the NAD masters m17v2 is mentioned @ £5499 or nearly 11kaus ; based on an old chassis with but 11 channels..

Guest vagabond
If it's a similar mark up to the xmc then it will be north of $9000. If I use my 40% I should be able to import it for less than aud5000 including freight and gst.

Then I'll need to decide whether to keep it....

• 3 months later...
On ‎29‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 12:29 PM, steffanth said:

I only wish i had a 40% off voucher.......anyone have one they are never likely to use?

Pretty sure I still have a 40% card round here somewhere, should have a look for it. Can't see me buying anything audio related in the future so wont be using it. But I wouldn't be giving it away either lol.

11 hours ago, steffanth said:

I ended up getting an xmc1 . . . And a dr2 poweramp just before end of financial year at a really good discount off local rrp and im very happy with the purchase.

Nice :) Any word on getting the hdmi 2.0b board installed locally or are you considering a trip back to Tn for it if needed ? 

2 hours ago, Itsmoi said:

I've done the self install, nothing really hard about it. But the board has got some bugs to work out still though from Emotiva. 

Yes mate ; some dolby vision @ 60hz bandwidth it seems . Asked primarily for the future ; If they do the hdmi board locally then hopefully they can retrofit the atmos board as well B) doubtful though...

13 hours ago, cwt said:

Yes mate ; some dolby vision @ 60hz bandwidth it seems . Asked primarily for the future ; If they do the hdmi board locally then hopefully they can retrofit the atmos board as well B) doubtful though...

I am not sure which one Steffanth has bought,but I would imagine the new hdmi board would either be fitted or included as an upgrade. 

That would be the correct way if looking from an Emotiva perspective. Ones they were buying a few months ago would include the new board when available and I think if you buy one now, they all have the new board.

I don't have a clue as to what services here are available from the distributor/seller re warranties and upgrades.

If the Atmos upgrade would be able to locally done, regardless if local or overseas purchased it would be great, but I have doubts about that, seems a major reworking of the internals.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Itsmoi said:

I am not sure which one Steffanth has bought,but I would imagine the new hdmi board would either be fitted or included as an upgrade. 

That would be the correct way if looking from an Emotiva perspective. Ones they were buying a few months ago would include the new board when available and I think if you buy one now, they all have the new board.

I don't have a clue as to what services here are available from the distributor/seller re warranties and upgrades.

If the Atmos upgrade would be able to locally done, regardless if local or overseas purchased it would be great, but I have doubts about that, seems a major reworking of the internals.

Yes ; agree.Its not just a plug and play with a few ribbon cables . Reminds me of a cary11a I had upgraded to a hdmi 1.4 board ; the aus distributor took care of it thankfully . That would do for the reseller to do something similar for some peace of mind :)

Edited by cwt

Thanks for clarifying Steffanth, I guess if you are not running 4k it's no big deal, but the new board does not do Atmos anyway, just makes the unit 4K  compliant, which does simplify life again by using the processor to pass through again if you have a 4K TV or projector. If you don't no big deal

If your UHD source has 2 hdmi out, use the secondary one for audio so you retain the hi def sound and not just Dolby Digital/DTS over digital out.

And btw, there is a good reason to already get the board upgraded ehe, just make stuff so much easier.  Your FTA tv will be just DD, and not sure what your htpc is doing soundwise.

Lot a money in your pre pro to be just getting DD and DTS  

6 hours ago, steffanth said:

dont really have an option at the moment.....unless i remove the FTA box totally (which is probably a good option) as i have a hdmi handshake issue.  When i was using the audio only hdmi out from the uhd player and i switched between inputs on the pre i lost soind when switching back to the uhd player.

The hd stb boxes have flaky hdmi protocols sometimes steffan ; if it has an option to convert the dolby digital to mpeg audio like the other channels [like a beyonwiz] ; try that . Or if its got 2 rca analog outputs try that as a last resort ; fta dolby digital is compressed depending on the channel .. makes the ads volume bearable B)

Its worth it to get proper lossless decoding from your UHD player as Itsmoi said .

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, steffanth said:

i was discussing this with the head service technician from audioactive (i contacted him about something else but thought i would ask the question while i was there) and he is saying that the optical can and will allow transmission of the hi def audio codecs (dts-hd and true HD (or whatever the other one is)).  I put in a 4k disk to confirm and the emotiva did pick up the lossless codec without any issue.

Stef ;  sp dif coax or optical bandwidth can only pass the lossy codecs ; not multichannel dolby truehd or dts hdma lossless . As Kal Rubinson says here ; https://www.avsforum.com/forum/149-blu-ray-players/1084645-no-dolbytruehd-dts-hd-through-optical-coaxil-blu-ray-players.html#post15067486

One reason multichannel analog inputs were introduced for sacd ;dvd-a was that copyright owners didn't want multichannel lossless passed over sp;dif ; as that would be perfect for piracy.. 

1 hour ago, steffanth said:

ok......so i have removed the set top box from the system and am using the hdmi.  I have set the output of the scondary hdmi for pcm and on the xmc-1 it is showing as 7.1.  the disk i am playing at the moment has an atmos track so by rights it should be playing the loslsess track.  If i set the output from the uhd player to bitstreaming i only get 2 channels.  So set as pcm im all good now?

Yes ; your now decoding the lossless track in the player and outputting the lossless 7.1 lpcm to the XMC1 :)

What model is it ? Check your bdlive setting ;it could be downmixing your bitstream to 2.0 . Other downmx options too if its an oppo . 

If you want to use the xmc1;s  very good TI decoders you must bitstream[ and your oled display can give more info] . This will bring into play the xmc1;s digital jitter reclocking as well ; so its worth tracking down :cool: