Vote: Best Free to Air HD TV????

Just now, georgehifi said:

At friend place who's a TV tech also on his O'led, all of them using test pattern generator, and on another one, even into the service menu and tried doing some adjustments from there also with him.

Correct me know if this is wrong, but this does not appear to be a full, proper calibration. If not, it could really be worth it.

What TV do you have?

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Satanica said:

Correct me know if this is wrong, but this does not appear to be a full, proper calibration.

I posted for George links to various professional test review calibration and colour space results... which I'd be relying on much more than a mate's un-calibrated setup. :blink:

JSmith :ninja:

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, JSmith said:

I posted for George links to various professional test review calibration

I also could have this done by a calibration tech in Melbourne, but he wanted air fare and taxi and $200 per hr to do it. Then when I asked him if he could calibrate via the the service menu to get the tuner section 100% properly calibrated to that panel, he had no idea about it, dare say he wasn't used.

Cheers George

1 hour ago, georgehifi said:

air fare and taxi and $200 per hr to do it.

Bit OTT... there are people in Sydney that offer an ISF calibration.

You could also purchase a 2nd hand colorimeter and get into adjusting your own set.

Best of luck with the decision making there George. :)

JSmith :ninja:

7 minutes ago, JSmith said:

Best of luck with the decision making there George

He was recommended by a few guru's here and on Whirlpool, like I said, he wasn't used, especially when he had no idea about calibrating the tv's tuner to the panel via the service menu.

Cheers George 

Edited by georgehifi