Deuced

SOLD: FS: Modded Sennheiser HD650

Item: Modded Sennheiser HD650
Price: $250 inc. 10% SNA donation
Item Condition: Modded, otherwise 1 year old and well taken care of
Reason for selling: Upgraded to Focal Clear
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
Extra Info:

SBAF KISS modded using 3M double sided tape (see photos).

Link to original instruction and FAQ page:

http://www.superbestaudiofriends.org/index.php?threads/hd650-kiss-mod.3440/ 

Tl;dr of the mod is that it tightens the bass and drops it a few dBs to retain the smoothness of the 650 while bringing the sound closer to the neutral tone of the HD600.

Mod is reversible (take off the tape and reinsert the half-moon foam into the central spider cage).

It's not easy for me to let this pair of audio history go. Before hearing the Focal Clear my opinion of the 650 was that it either sounded better, or less flawed than many headphones under $1500 mark. The sound is clear, detailed and most importantly, non-fatiguing regardless of genre or mix.

Comes with the headphone, stock cables and 3.5mm adapter only. Original box has been lost due to the size it took up in storage.

Pickup preferred, but I'd be open to arranging delivery within 50km of Sydney.
Pictures:

DSC_0001.JPG

DSC_0002.JPG

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Classifieds Statistics

Currently Active Ads

Total Sales (Since 2018)

Total Sales Value (Last 14 Days)

Total Ads Value (Since March 2020)
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By audiboi
      Item Condition: Used Shipping Options: Pickup is available,I can ship this item Suburb or Town: Wolli Creek, NSW State: New South Wales Payment Method: Cash on Pickup, PayID, Bank Transfer Reason for selling: Too many headphones. Further information: Clearing out some inventory - turns out I haven't used this in a over a year. They're in excellent condition, and pads are still excellent. I have too many headphones, so clearing out some space.

Photos: 

• By Phil sydney
      Item Condition: Very good Shipping Options: Pickup is available,I can ship this item Suburb or Town: Parramatta State: New South Wales Payment Method: Cash,PayPal,transfer Reason for selling: Not required Further information: 

Hi All
      A very Rare opportunity.to own this classic beast. Top of the range JVC integrated amplifier. Has a massive transformer and 2X 15,000 uf capacitors!
      The power this unit puts out is huge easily handles any floor / bookshelf with ease. 

Very detailed and lifelike soundstage. Bass is very quick and firm. I bought this unit couple years ago and has been sitting in my rack since. Took it out a week ago and it sounds fantastic and everything works as it should. I was told by the previous owner that it was serviced sometime back in 2015.

Cosmetically the amp is in good condition for its age. A few scratches here and there on the face and the cover has been recently polished so it looks quite nice.

It will be professionally packed with heavy duty bubble wrap and cardboard. I have sent amps/speakers weighing a ton on the other side of the country with no issues..so postage is easy and FREE!

Thanks for looking

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

• By Phil sydney
      Item Condition: Excellent Shipping Options: Pickup is available,I can ship this item Suburb or Town: Parramatta State: New South Wales Payment Method: PayPal,cash,bank transfer Reason for selling: Not required Further information: 

Hi All

Selling these beautiful mission bookshelf speakers I bought recently here. I was meaning to keep them indefinitely but I need floor standing speakers for my living room.

Amazing clarity and sound signature in the price range. Not to mention the high gloss black finish they look stunning. 

Free postage within Australia! 

Stands not included

It will be professionally packed with heavy duty bubble wrap and cardboard. I have sent amps/speakers weighing a ton on the other side of the country with no issues..so postage is easy and FREE! 

• By Eugene.cho
      Item Condition: Excellent Shipping Options: Pickup is available Suburb or Town: Bella Vista State: New South Wales Payment Method: Cash Reason for selling: Upgraded Further information: 

There are plenty positive reviews online. My little review: big sound stage with bright high and powerful bass.  Easy to drive due to its high sensitivity. I used to pair them with onkyo a9130 (2x40w@8ohm), Sound was loud and clear without any distortion. Later I replaced the onkyo with a musical fidelity (150wpc) the sound became much fuller. So i would recommend a powerful amp. The double bass drivers can save you a sub-woofer when watching movies. 

Excellent condition. No damage on any drivers.  The cabinet, plinths, spikes, grills and binding posts are all in mint condition. Selling due to upgrade.

Pickup from Bella Vista. or deliver to Sydney metro for a small fee. 

Sorry no interstate shipping.

Specifications
      683 4-driver, 3-way vented-box speaker
      Drivers: 1" aluminum dome tweeter, 6" woven Kevlar cone FST midrange, 2 x 6.5" aluminum/paper/Kevlar cone bass
      Frequency range: -6dB at 30Hz and 50kHz
      Frequency response: 38Hz-22kHz +/-3dB on reference axis
      Harmonic distortion: 2nd and 3rd harmonics (90dB, 1 meter) <1% 90Hz-20kHz; <0.5% 120Hz-20kHz
      Nominal impedance: 8Ω (minimum 3Ω)
      Crossover frequencies: 350Hz, 4kHz
      Recommended amplifier power: 25W-200W into 8Ω, unclipped
      Sensitivity: 90dB (2.83V, 1 meter)
      Dimensions: 38.8" x 7.8" x 13.4" (HxWxD)
      Weight: 57.3 lbs

• By Mightygrey
      Item Condition: Excellent. 9.75/10 Shipping Options: Pickup is available,I can ship this item Suburb or Town: Sydney, Eastern Suburbs State: New South Wales Payment Method: Cash, Paypal Reason for selling: NLR; moving to solely open-back set-up Further information: 

Hey, thanks for taking a look. I'll probably regret this in a couple of month's time, but I've decided to let my beloved ZMF Eikons move on to somewhere where they're going to get a lot more head-time. 

I'm the first and only owner of these, having bought them directly from ZMF in January 2018. At the time Zach at ZMF had released a limited edition run of "Barnyard" oxidised Cherry Wood Eikon + Atticus, and I knew it was time to jump on a pair having auditioned both at a local Sydney meet. They're a great match with both low-impedance solid state and OTL tube amplifiers, and respond VERY well to parametric EQ. 

I've loved the natural timbre and sweet balance of detail and organic tone, but I'm working from home these days and I'm looking to move to a TOTL open-back headphone - I'll happily consider a trade for a great-condition Sennheiser HD800s or Audio Technica ATH-ADX5000. 

The wood finish looks superb in real life, photographs don't really do it justice - they're in essentially brand-new condition having been absolutely babied and always stored in their case.  

They'll be sold in their original ZMF Pelican waterproof travel-case; 2 x stock cables (3.5mm and 6.3mm) and an upgrade OFC cable (6.3mm). 

Happy to answer any questions, thanks for looking.