Sign in to follow this  
Jeddie

Classifieds Trader Feedback

I really like the Classified Feedback feature.  As a Buyer it gives me confidence when I see a number of positive ratings on a Seller.

I recently sold something in the classifieds. I prompted the Buyer to leave some positive feedback. But he did not. Maybe he did not think I was worthy of positive feedback?

So I still have no positive feedback. Was I just unlucky?

Just saw another member has 39 positive feedback?  How in the heck did he manage that? Ask all his buyers to give him feedback?

Or do most buyers leave feedback as a part of the transaction?

I have just listed another item for sale that I hope will give me some positive feedback.

So how do you get the Buyer to leave feedback? Do you ask them every time?

on completion of a sale, I just ask buyer to leave feedback and then i do the same. have not had any problem with anyone leaving feedback. at times buyers have been proactive to leave feedback even before i have asked so i have just returned the favour :)

look its possible that some people are too busy, lazy, totally forgotten or some honest reason ... what ever why they dont leave feedback. id just keep motoring on :) and good on you for still leaving good feedback regardless ! 

On 1/8/2018 at 9:50 PM, Jeddie said:

I recently sold something in the classifieds. I prompted the Buyer to leave some positive feedback. But he did not. Maybe he did not think I was worthy of positive feedback?

So I still have no positive feedback. Was I just unlucky?

So how do you get the Buyer to leave feedback? Do you ask them every time?

Agreed. (Some) buyers are lazy and don't care in my short experience. I have 8 positive feedback so far, 2 I had to chase to leave it and 2 have not left any feedback.

This is selling quality like new items at substantial discounts, shipped in < 24 hours with tracking and packed very securely.

It's annoying !

Usually whenever I leave the buyer/seller feedback, it prompts them to do the same and hey, sometimes I get busy and the reverse works haha. There are always those who don’t leave feedback and it’s just ‘ah well ‘. It is a very handy reference for the classified visitors so I always try to make the effort.

My two cents worth is that you win some and you lose some with the feedback service.

Funnily enough, the only negative feedback I ever received on this forum was from someone who didn't buy something from me, after stringing me along for several weeks.

He then had the hide to accuse me of being a time waster!

Aside from that, most members who buy from me to provide feedback and I always provide feedback to those who I have purchased from.

It has been my experience on this forum that buyers of low priced goods are more difficult to deal with than buyers of more expensive items of equipment.

I am very wary of members who have less than 100 posts.

If someone does not leave feedback for me I don't pursue it, because I think that  spontaneous and unforced feeback is better.

If I have to ask someone to say positive things, it just doesn't seem legit to me.

People will make positive comments when they are happy about something and quality is better than quantity.  I also think people can make their own decisions about whether they wish to deal with me or not.

I really don't mind either way.:)

Well I just got my first positive feedback.

I asked the member nicely if he would consider leaving some feedback.  And lo and behold he did.

I find it inconsiderate to be honest if someone does not leave feedback. I've recently sold two items, both buyers were quite friendly and happy to communicate, and said in PM's they were happy with the items and the transaction process.

The first one I gave positive feedback and then followed up asking if he would consider doing the same- got absolutely no reply whatsoever. The second I decided not to leave feedback first but gently prompted him, saying that feedback is useful for both myself and any potential buyers. Again- not even an acknowledgement. In both cases, they had been communicative up to the point of receiving their purchases, had paid promptly, etc.

After going to the effort in both cases of taking alot of care with the packaging, posting, and following up to make sure the items arrived and the buyers were happy, it seems it would be a simple common courtesy. I noted in both cases the buyers had had others leave feedback for them but couldn't find any feedback they had left in return. I guess some people just lack that basic sense of courtesy for others. Once they have what they wanted, they simply don't care. I bet it would be a different story if there had been an issue with the items!

On 03/02/2018 at 6:44 PM, rantan said:

I also think people can make their own decisions about whether they wish to deal with me or not.

That is the issue. On this forum, feedback is one of the few pieces of information on which people can base a decision about whether to deal with you or not! If I can see someone has sold 10 things and has positive feedback, I would be confident buying from them. WIthout that feedback, there is nothing to base a decision on.

Edited by ericd

I see SNA as a community first and a marketplace last. 

I’ll happily deal with someone I know, either having met them face to face or chatted to them on SNA, even if they have zero feedback. 

To me, there is far more information via just getting to know people in the community than via a feedback system 

Edited by Sir Sanders Zingmore

Fair point and I agree with the sentiment. It's not like I'm here selling a zillion items a week (I've sold about 6 low- value things over a handful of years and bought a couple). But it's not always realistic that you'll have met or chatted with the person that happens to be selling that thing you're looking for.

I guess I just see trader feedback as a courteous way of acknowledging - 'thanks for taking care and making sure I was happy with the thing I bought'. That's all.

Edited by ericd

Does anyone know if it’s possible to leave positive feedback for a Pay it forward/free item?

@Syrot was kind enough to post a free item interstate for me but I can’t find how to leave feedback...

Any help appreciated, thanks!

Matt.

Yes it is possible as that subforum is part of the Classifieds.

Posted (edited)

I couldn’t really care if they leave feedback or not. I think I have been round enough that members know im trustworthy and going by my previous sales I price things quite sharp.

It’s not real hard to have a look at a members previous posts and I find it fairly easy to base my opinion that.

I try to ask for a number and give them a call and go from there if I’m a little worried or even ask some other members if they have had dealings with the person. To be honest I barely even look at their feedback.

Edited by Pops110

Now done, thanks for the help!

SS

I once did am experiment where I attempted to give a member feedback twice for the same item. It worked. That means the system is open to abuse, so now I don't bother unless someone askes. The platform isn't designed for such things, this isn't ebay, and the same issue surrounds gumtree and other selling sites. I prefer to make a decision based on their community standing. If I'm unsure, it's a pick up situation only. On a number of occasions I've delivered goods to people for sales that didn't involve me, I just happened to be driving that way, mostly interstate. I may well have been a thief, and neither member involved knew me. I was judged on my community standing. YMMV.

Can anybody tell me how to give feedback? I can't seem to find a way to do it, I sold some items and I bough one but I just can't see a way to do it. 

25 minutes ago, CAVL said:

Can anybody tell me how to give feedback? I can't seem to find a way to do it, I sold some items and I bough one but I just can't see a way to do it. 

Press onto the photo / avatar of the person you purchased from 

This will take you to the members personal area 

Look to the right top headings 

Choose leave feedback 

And follow prompts