Your favourite cover versions?

• 1 month later...

• 3 weeks later...

Just came across this version of The Sound of Silence...I think it is GREAT...& not only because it is close to how I used to sing this song...WITH POWER...

Edited by Rob181
  • Like 1

Been avoiding this thread.......but here goes...in no particular order and not saying they're BETTER than the original, but still awesome.

Megadeth - These Boots

Johnny Cash - Hurt, Rusty Cage

Rod Stewart - Handbags & Gladrags, First Cut Is The Deepest, Tambourine Man

Pseudo Echo - Funky Town (oh come on, it's fun)

Funkstar DeLuxe - Sun Is Shining (so cheesy yet so perfect for its genre and place in time)

Anthrax - Got The Time

Doctor And The Medics - Spirit In The Sky

Revolting c0cks - Do Ya Think I'm Sexy

Sator - Ring Ring

(Video link as it may not be that well known outside of Scandinavia...but it rocks :) )

Good old straight-to-the-point, Ramones-wannabe, pub/festival punk-ish guitar rock.

Hehe.

And there's more.

So many more.

I love a good cover/remix version.

The further from the original the better IMO.

Unless it's Sarah Blaaaaahsko murdering "Flametrees" :emot-bang: and recently "Life On Mars" as a Bowie tribute :emot-bang:

YMMV of course, and I'm sure it does.

It usually does.

;)

My main man Rod Stewart always adds another level of heartache to his covers of ballads.

*swoon*

:P

Edited by Dirty_vinylpusher

Just came across this version of The Sound of Silence...I think it is GREAT...& not only because it is close to how I used to sing this song...WITH POWER...

Oh please.  Absolute apocalyptic boring USFBMOR dribble imo .       heard it on triple m.

no offence  :)       

Edited by metal beat
  • Like 1

USFBMOR

*sigh*

Ok

Come on

What does that mean?

I Googled it and came up with nothing.

You kids and your acronyms....,I can't keep up any more.

:rolleyes:

*sigh*

Ok

Come on

What does that mean?

I Googled it and came up with nothing.

You kids and your acronyms....,I can't keep up any more.

:rolleyes:

you asked    ---     US Fcuken Boring Middle of the Road :)     Only in the USA can this dribble be recorded and released.  the perfect American Idol song.      or do you like it as well?

Edited by metal beat
  • Like 1

US Fcuken Boring Middle of the Road :)     Only in the USA can this dribble be recorded and released.  the perfect American Idol song.  

Haha fair enuff ;)

do you like it as well?

Never heard it....

....hang on....

*a bit later*

Just skimmed through it....and it gets a big MEH from me

:unsure:

USFBMOR

USFBMOR? OWTFDTM?IHNI (Oh what the f*** does that mean, I have no idea)

Note: Highlight the above line (or turn on BBCode Mode) to see what my acronym means.

Edited by emesbee
  • Like 1

Unless it's Sarah Blaaaaahsko murdering "Flametrees" :emot-bang: and recently "Life On Mars" as a Bowie tribute :emot-bang:

YMMV of course, and I'm sure it does.

Nah brother I'm toootally with you on that. Nails down a blackboard are music to my ears compared to her and her butchering ways.

• Volunteer

Well, this is a great version of Stairway to Heaven.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEk8wTB7UfU

If only Rodrigo y Gabriela would do more like this.

Am I the only one who reckons R y G have only one riff and that they play it in every bloody song they play ?

Am I the only one who reckons R y G have only one riff and that they play it in every bloody song they play ?

After listening to most of their albums, I have come to the same conclusion. I found them very exciting to listen to when I first heard them, but now they have become too predictable, and rather boring to be honest.

That is why I made my comment regarding their cover of Stairway to Heaven. While it ends up with the same percussive playing style as most of their recordings, the earlier part of it is rather more subtle and interpretive, and hints at the sort of thing they could do, if they wanted to.

Perhaps their early, and continuing heavy metal influences are holding them back from expanding their musical repertoire?

• 3 months later...