Looking for new 4k 65"-75" set

Im looking to get a new tv soon and ive just started looking. All the large panels look magnificent in store but wondering if there is anything i need to know, was at the good guys yesterday and the wife liked a sony at just under $4000 and she was ok to buy it on the spot but i said i needed to do some research first. 

are there any good sites reviewing the current panels? is the top sony worth the extra 2.5k though im not sure the wife would be ok with the price. i guess im trying to work out the best bang for buck in a big panel. Greg

ive been impressed with the sony a1 quite frankly, these have come down in price massively and not much in it anymore i dont think. the pana i believe has the best calibration capability.

overall though am sure whether going the pana, LG or sony in the oleds there isnt much in it.

what swings me to the sony ironically is one its processing(which is a plus minus - can it be eliminated completely if detracts?) and also with its swing back stand that couples for mounting to for a wall mount its the only TV where wall mounts are centrally located. other tvs like pana and LG you have a solid wider section to lower part of the panel so any wall mounting is going to have the panel on a off set mount. which may or may not be a bother. the sonys angled mount though is probably the most questionable thing in peoples mind i think.

with the LG, with a new range announced look for price discounts on the previous range :) regardless otherwise as mentioned am not sure much in it.

• Like 1

I'd recommend the Sony or LG OLEDs.

The Panasonic has intermittent stutter on 50Hz programs and for other material any picture setting that engages black frame insertion also converts to 60Hz, so you'll get 3:2 judder (jerky movement) on films etc. How they think this is acceptable boggles my mind.

• Like 1

Thanks for the input, i should have had this up a week ago as the wife is not as patient as i am. ended up at jb today and bought a 75 q7 sammy, I will pick it up tomorrow afternoon. hopefully it doesn't have any bad traits. Greg

I bought a Samsung in January instead of a Sony, saved $1,000 or so.

Regretted it ever since.  Out of the box, the Sony is a ripper picture.  I  now hate the Samsung image. 

If you can change, then it’s my opinion to do so now...

• Like 1