2018 Melbourne International Hi-Fi Show - Reports & Feedback

A few observations regarding Day On eo the HiFi show.

First it was great!

I was a little surprised that there were not a lot of CD players to play our 'test' CD.

Interesting that a lot of the rooms promised to get players in for tomorrow.

Some rooms seemed to think that Roon was the answer & then found out that Roon is not as comprehensive as maybe they thought!

Thought there was more of an emphasis on playing music rather than static displays this year.

Felt there was a strong emphasis on being out there, friendly & interaction with the show patrons (only one negative experience regarding that - went to one room near the end of the day (maybe a bit after 6.30) and wanted to play my acapella female vocal CD, the two guys running the room were to busy to talk to me - they looked at me & kept talking - eventually one of their colleagues came along & helped me!!!!!

Really liked the Martin Logan room, the DEQX/Legend room, the Holton/Hulgich room & the MercureLounge were great as was their singer and also the vinyl talk.

Hey, I think I could go on and on!

Look see of the rooms were still going when I arrived back after getting a bite to eat!

Yeah another good day tomorrow - looking forward to it.

Wonder if it would be a good idea to start up a 'Here's What I thought of the Show' thread?

Bruce

• Like 1

By the way.

Let me apologise for the lack of checking before posting the above.

What an idiot you are Bruce!!!

Really good atmosphere.

Everything seemed to go like clock work.

Whenever I walked past Marc he looked very relaxed, like everything is good!

Yeah, really looking forward to tomorrow, and, of course, the dinner!

See you tomorrow.

Bruce

2 hours ago, nonsynchro said:

Greg played Bach's Toccata et Fugue. It reminded me of the 10,000 pipes organ at Melbourne Town Hall.

Also fun was rocking out with Bill Mclean and Marilyn Manson on the Dutch & Dutch.

WP_20181012_15_38_37_Moment.jpg

I was there and Bill and his wife were having the time of their life.

D&D were awesome.

Regards Cazzesman

• Like 2

I had a great 7 hours today.   Nice to catch up with some great Audio people.

Stuart and Arthur in good form.

Krix was amazing but at $500,000 it was a no brainer.

SGR rock solid.   3.2's were pure.

Kii 3 were again stunning.   Warrick playing Lou Reed's, Walk on the Wild side was a highlight for me.    A closet rocker apparently. 

The M8Audio - Sweet Maxwell speakers were gems.  Owner Mark Thomsen is a terrific gent.   His offsider Ian from Critical Sound NZ was also extremely helpful and wonderful to talk with.   

D&D 8c actives were rocking the Pulman from 5.30-7.00.   A core group of 6 hairy blokes were loving every bit of Bills DJing. With plenty of hard rocking on rotation  with a few requiring parental advisory stickers.    Bill's wife was tapping toes like nobodies business.   Great fun was had by all and the speakers were a huge hit.

Thanks Bill for the terrific 90 mins.

Thanks to Marc for putting it all together.   Best of luck in Sydney in 2019.

Regards Cazzesman

• Like 5

43 minutes ago, wikeeboy said:

Just goes to show how differently we all hear music. Maybe it was just the record i heard, but i thought the Kharma setup was very average, nothing special at all especially considering the price tag.

I was sitting in the sweet spot and the speakers disappeared. Deep soundstage and rich presentation of sound.

Holton and Hulgich on the other hand was disappointing. Sound was confined to the speakers and it sounded constraint to me.

20 minutes ago, cazzesman said:

Kii 3 were again stunning.   Warrick playing Lou Reed's, Walk on the Wild side was a highlight for me.    A closet rocker apparently. 

The M8Audio - Sweet Maxwell speakers were gems.  Owner Mark Thomsen is a terrific gent.   His offsider Ian from Critical Sound NZ was also extremely helpful and wonderful to talk with.   

D&D 8c actives were rocking the Pulman from 5.30-7.00.   A core group of 6 hairy blokes were loving every bit of Bills DJing. With plenty of hard rocking on rotation  with a few requiring parental advisory stickers.    Bill's wife was tapping toes like nobodies business.   Great fun was had by all and the speakers were a huge hit.

Regards Cazzesman

Do Krix sell something as expensive as $500 000?

27 minutes ago, cazzesman said:

Regards Cazzesman

Best 90 mins i've ever had at an audio show! What a blast. Well done Bill & the D&D's ?

• Like 4