2018 Melbourne International Hi-Fi Show - Reports & Feedback

1 hour ago, Marc said:

I've just fixed that link @Kaynin - but as always until much closer to (right before) the show it's showing a standard floorplan.

Distributors chop and change brands throughout the year so we keep the Exhibiting Brands page up to date as much as possible.

We produce the floorplan with brands in each room in the week before the show. This is also the version that gets printed for the show.

Good to know, thanks!

• Like 1

• Administrator
36 minutes ago, gardsy said:

@MarcIf Tannoy no longer has an Australian distributor who (and what) will be exhibiting at the show?

thanks,

Adam

That will be clarified/announced shortly, I believe.

On 31/03/2018 at 11:17 AM, evil c said:

Yeah Sunday is a "write off" for some after the Saturday night dinner so maybe better on the Friday! emoji2.png

Don't know if my liver could cope with another Saturday night dinner... Can I rent one for the weekend?

I was away on holidays last year but I remember being very rough on the Sunday the year before, and only got there by lunch time.

Don't know if my liver could cope with another Saturday night dinner... Can I rent one for the weekend?

I was away on holidays last year but I remember being very rough on the Sunday the year before, and only got there by lunch time.

You just need to pace yourself better , (unlike @Scuzzi [emoji38] )

And hydrate, hydrate, hydrate followed by Hydralite the next day! [emoji6]

8 minutes ago, evil c said:

You just need to pace yourself better , (unlike @Scuzzi emoji38.png )

And hydrate, hydrate, hydrate followed by Hydralite the next day! emoji6.png

You might recall @blybo & I cracking on well past everyone else's bedtime that year so no need to lecture about pacing ones self fine sir ?

That was also the infamous night I past out on the train only to be awoken by the cops at the end of the line so I know Mr blybo can definitely hold down a drink or three ?

Although that said I think you may well have out powered me last year (think my end was after the stint at the titty bar hahaha)

18 minutes ago, Tubularbells said:

You might recall @blybo & I cracking on well past everyone else's bedtime that year so no need to lecture about pacing ones self fine sir ?

That was also the infamous night I past out on the train only to be awoken by the cops at the end of the line so I know Mr blybo can definitely hold down a drink or three ?

I did fall asleep ? when I had him over for a mid week GTG last year so that's probably more about the pacing... Thought he'd never leave ? but I did get up and go to work the next day

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, blybo said:

I did fall asleep ? when I had him over for a mid week GTG last year so that's probably more about the pacing... Thought he'd never leave ? but I did get up and go to work the next day

Hahahahaha

22 minutes ago, blybo said:

I seem to remember being too busy trying to push @Martykt out the door with myself - after seeing you asleep on the floor!

Like a - - - - - - dog ! :lol:

9 minutes ago, joz said:

I may need to organise the Friday night GTG , though I think I'd better ask the bride first :whistle:

My motto is : organize 1st, ask last and has kept me in good stead!

The make up bit at the end is good too! ;)

6 minutes ago, Kaynin said:

You’ll be right, I doubt @evil c would mind...

riding shotgun tomorrow via the evil express - to Selby rescinded! :getlost:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, evil c said:

I seem to remember being too busy trying to push @Martykt out the door with myself - after seeing you asleep on the floor!

Like a - - - - - - dog ! :lol:

My motto is : organize 1st, ask last and has kept me in good stead!

The make up bit at the end is good too! ;)

riding shotgun tomorrow via the evil express - to Selby rescinded! :getlost:

'Twas a good movie I seem to remember..... much better than those Michael Jackson records anyway.... :whistle:

19 hours ago, joz said:

I may need to organise the Friday night GTG , though I think I'd better ask the bride first :whistle:

Count me in, I'll be staying close to Joz Towers.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, Xecuter said:

I hope convoy brings the JBLs again, really hoping to hear the 4367 again!

I think that now JBL is owned by Samsung, convoy were rolled as distributors some time back.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, guru said:

I think that now JBL is owned by Samsung, convoy were rolled as distributors some time back.

JBL is owned by HARMAN, which incidentally yes, is owned by Samsung. No change in local distribution however.

2 hours ago, Xecuter said:

I hope convoy brings the JBLs again, really hoping to hear the 4367 again!

The 4367's will be at the show, along with K2's and many other speakers within the JBL range.

• Like 1

On 14/07/2018 at 7:48 AM, BruceS said:

I am good for the dinner on the Saturday night.

Sign me up.

Bruce

On 18/07/2018 at 3:14 PM, Marc said:

I've moved Exhibitor drinks to Friday night this year. So my Saturday night is cleared for the Annual StereoNET Hi-Fi Show Shindig.

Just saw these - I'll add your names to the guest list! :)

Anyone keen to go to one of the biggest , "funnest" Stereonet functions of the Year - The Saturday Night dinner at The Taphouse St.Kilda  go to this thread:

• 3 weeks later...

Got my tickets to the show ages ago and I've just read this article: https://www.stereo.net.au/news/hot-tips-and-what-to-expect-at-the-2018-australian-record-fair

.....and besides checking out all the gear I can't afford?, I am very excited about this year's 'Record Fair'. I indeed got a few bargains last year but this years offerings sound great so I will be 'financially planning' (some of us have to?) in the lead up to the event, to ensure I can leave this year with plenty more! Really looking forward to this years show!?

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Hi team …..

Umm - I bought a ticket to the show but I cant find how to get it - bought weeks ago. Was there an email address it would have come from?

Obviously the sun is getting to me here :)

AJ

2 hours ago, A J said:

Hi team …..

Umm - I bought a ticket to the show but I cant find how to get it - bought weeks ago. Was there an email address it would have come from?

Obviously the sun is getting to me here :)

AJ

Err, yes there was/is. Look in your email account... as in do a search.

You should find this if you've paid.:

unauth_avatar_red_2x.png

info@hifishow.com.au

AttachmentsTue 20 Mar, 20:33

to me
cleardot.gif

Hi  Luc,

Thank you for purchasing your 2018 International HiFi Show, Melbourne tickets.
This email contains important information and your e-ticket/s.

If you chose to pay by EFT or Direct Deposit, please make your payment now with the details at the bottom of this email.

Upon arrival at the show, please proceed to the ticketing desk and have your ticket ready (printed, or barcode displayed on smartphone).

Student Ticket Holders will be require to have a relevant Student Photo ID card.

Your Ticket/s are attached to this email, or you can download from the following link: https://www.hifishow..