Mary Webb - Love Like Planets

Guest thathifiguy

Guest thathifiguy

Has anyone else had a chance to hear this yet?

I got an email to inform me that the vinyl has been delayed, but I was linked a lossless (WAV) digital download.

Have to say, I really like it. Beautifully recorded, and great songwriting too.

Congratulations to Mary for a stunning album and to Mike at @Magenta for doing such a fantastic job producing it.

Edited by thathifiguy

I haven't even received my CD yet.

May I assume that you are posting about her first album that was crowd funded?

Can't form any opinion because I have never heard it but it seems she has something and I hope she does well.

When playing at Brisbane Hifi the other day she played some songs from her new album and we also got to hear the same songs directly from her album through the system that they were demo'ing a new PSA power conditioner with. Pretty good artist. Very lyrical performance.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, frankn said:

Good voice.... will listen again to her work tonight/tomorrow to remind me.

@rantan - you can borrow my CD's if you want - to tide you over.  Have you left a message to Mary : Email :  info@marywebbsings.com

Thanks mate. I really appreciate the thought but I am OK to wait.:thumb:

My slightly miffed thing was that my order was forgotten and nobody realised until I ( very politely ) enquired what was happening a couple of weeks back.

Patience is a virtue they say :)

Also, that email does not work and this was the other part of the problem

it is info@marywebbsings@gmail.com

• Like 1

Guest thathifiguy

Did you guys crowd fund this latest recording? I ordered the record, but due to delays in manufacturing, she sent me a download code.

38 minutes ago, rantan said:

it is info@marywebbsings@gmail.com

You’ve got one too many @ there.

It's marywebbsings@gmail.com

I have just received an email from Mary about 5 minutes back. It seems to be in the post somewhere and Australia Post are doing their usual thing in not being very good at delivering on time

So this is no fault of Mary's or Mike's both of whom have been very helpful and apologetic. Both lovely people:)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, thathifiguy said:

Did you guys crowd fund this latest recording? I ordered the record, but due to delays in manufacturing, she sent me a download code.

You’ve got one too many @ there.

It's marywebbsings@gmail.com

Yes, I did wonder about that, I couldn't recall ever using two @ symbols in an email:lol:

Has anyone else had a chance to hear this yet?

I got an email to inform me that the vinyl has been delayed, but I was linked a lossless (WAV) digital download.

Have to say, I really like it. Beautifully recorded, and great songwriting too.

Congratulations to Mary for a stunning album and to Mike at [mention=107158]Magenta[/mention] for doing such a fantastic job producing it.

Thank you so much for the kind words. It was a real labour of love and Mary and I enjoyed the process immensely. [emoji4]
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
Guest Runaway

I have a couple of invites to Mary’s launch of her album at Wesley Anne Hotel, Northcote (Melbourne) on 17 March at 8pm which unfortunately I can’t attend.  If anyone is interested, PM me and I’ll put your names forward. Now taken.C5008084-B880-42F8-B20C-8153C4FD11E6.thumb.png.1219dced4e4c499b6f997a8f70b1bac8.png

Edited by Runaway