Sign in to follow this  
Steam

Anyone tried the $1700, 75 inch 4K TV from Aldi?

Guest yamaha_man

Bought a Tevion laptop from Aldi nearly 15 years ago. Still goes strong.

I have no problem with what they sell.

Medion I think it is.

Edited by yamaha_man

On 1/5/2018 at 1:58 AM, Addicted to music said:

Landfill! 

Like I said it's not cheap and one off specials for nothing.  It's usually manufacturers that have products left over that can't sell, will just last to get over the warranty line, cheap enough for you not to bother retuning and easier to end up in landfill.   That's why they can't supply enough on the floor for that Weds morning queue that lines up for hours and goes out the door around the shopping centre, only to show the worst in human nature.   Don't buy there rechargeable batteries or any of there batteries either,  I had to throw them all away because they failed and started to leak!  For rechargeable stick to enaloops!  The tools are just as bad, either used once because theyre rejected on the production floor and then you realised it's all a flop and can't rely on them!   Go to Bunnings and stick to the real known brands for tools!   75" for $1700...pass! 

I've bought a lot of their tools over the years and no probs with them. Maybe you live too close to the beach. Bought their self propelled 200cc lawn mower a couple of months ago, fantastic. A mate of mine across the road does a lot of handyman work in the area and he buys a lot of their tools and swears buy them as well. Just bought a lot of polycarbonate roofing (17 4.2 meter sheets and two 6 metre sheets) from Bunnings and came up with NINE mistakes before I finally got the sheets on the property. Mistakes included losing them and also signing for them and then putting them in a two metre bay ready for transport to my place. Read that last bit again.

On 1/6/2018 at 1:20 AM, Addicted to music said:

i struggled to get 55" in a Falcon station wagon,

Shoulda used the Kingswood.:)

5 hours ago, rantan said:

Seems like people prefer quality over quantity which is a good thing.

I'm not sure.

They may have realised that a 75" in the store is much smaller than the same one in a normal room.

JB

Friends down the road wanted a 75" and I showed them the good deals on the Hisense unit, but the next day they came home with a 75" Aldi unit, they've hung it in their Lounge room proudly. Knowing them well, afterwards I asked them how's it look and going, "all good" they said, then I asked a critical question, do you wear your glasses to watch it? "No" was the reply, now both need glasses so I guess that if you cannot see the differences it doesn't matter. I then followed that question up with do you watch the HD TV channels,  "no, why should we"? enough said. But the TV is going OK as far as I can tell its been in a month now.

Edited by agelessgoodguy
spelling correction

On 23/01/2018 at 4:43 PM, rantan said:

Seems like people prefer quality over quantity which is a good thing.

I dunno Lindz, I still see people wheeling XXXX Gold out of Dan Murphys 

3 hours ago, agelessgoodguy said:

Friends down the road wanted a 75" and I showed them the good deals on the Hisense unit, but the next day they came home with a 75" Aldi unit, they've hung it in their Lounge room proudly. Knowing them well, afterwards I asked them how's it look and going, "all good" they said, then I asked a critical question, do you wear your glasses to watch it? "No" was the reply, now both need glasses so I guess that if you cannot see the differences it doesn't matter. I then followed that question up with do you watch the HD TV channels,  "no, why should we"? enough said. But the TV is going OK as far as I can tell its been in a month now.

@ $1700 for 75”.  Who cares if there was a difference and you see flaws...

The average person don’t really care, only a minority of padantic audiophiles/videophiles will start to whinge about little things that’s possible within the manaufactueres specs.    :D     

Guest Hensa
30 minutes ago, Addicted to music said:

The average person don’t really care, only a minority of padantic audiophiles/videophiles will start to whinge about little things that’s possible within the manaufactueres specs.    :D     

We’re “pedantic” rather than “padantic”..?

On 1/6/2018 at 1:20 AM, Addicted to music said:

Absolutely all great points but the last one Is reality hitting home.

i struggled to get 55" in a Falcon station wagon,  I got 2  55" this way and one had to be slided diagonal due to the size of the box.    My original 52" was a breeze and I was able to get that into Falcon wagon by myself.     I have to say with 75" I would have to pay for delivery, there's no way it's gonna slide safely in a back of a Mondeo Wagon!   There's no way to do this with plasma even on 52" as they must be delivered in the standing upright position.  

Also if you are getting 75" and over, make sure you read the instructions on the box before unboxing and pulling the unit out.  Incorrect handling can cause severe damage.

You need a Chev station wagon then. :thumb:

regards Bruce

Guest yamaha_man
2 minutes ago, sloper said:

You need a Chev station wagon then. :thumb:

regards Bruce

Stop swearing!!!!!!! 

1 hour ago, Addicted to music said:

So size matters to you huh?:na: