One hit wonders that you rarely hear again!

G'day all, this made me smile this morning.  One of our local AM sports radio stations has a habit of playing a few seconds of pop songs as links in between program segments.  Today they played a few seconds of James....'Laid'.  Frankly I was shocked by the lyrics (the original version of the song), and I realised that it was years (literally) since I'd last heard the song.  Talk about forgotten 'one hit wonders'!  Regards, Felix. 

Edited by catman
Spelling.
  • Like 2

Eccentric and occasionally sublime Manchester rock band from about 1984 to present day. Has a similar regional and international following as what the Verve achieved.

Even though they are very good, it is still a silly name for a band. "Laid" "Millionaires" and "Pleased to Meet You" are the go-to albums.  Their various Greatest Hits collections are always a hodge-podge, which is entirely reasonable for this band.

As for one-hit wonders, that's how The Church is viewed by the industry as they only ever got one song onto the Billboard Top 100.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, mrbuzzardstubble said:

I could have some fun here. Gotta a lot of one hit wonders in the memory banks. :)

The Casuals - Jesamine

One of my all time favourite songs and also one that is very close to my heart, even to this day.

I have heard a few other songs by The Casuals and while they are OK, this is really special

• Like 3