SOLD: FS: Seaton Submersive

SOLD

Item: Dual 15" Subwoofer.  1000 watt   Black
Price:       $2700 Price Drop. $2000
Item Condition:  Good as New
Reason for selling:  Not used since building 2  15" Folded Horn Subs
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
Extra Info:  With Seaton's 10m XLR lead and XLR to RCA lead.    Grills not shown

Pictures:

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by SandS
Price Drop

I bought this sub secondhand Dec. 2014 and used till Dec 2016. Originally bought on a group buy 2013. I am waiting to hear back from Mark Seaton as the warranty was extended to 5 years. I realy liked this sub but wanted the built in look I got with the folded horns under an A T screen. All my 7.2 speakers are hidden.  

image.jpeg

• Like 5

Thanks for the kind words Jamie, fired it up tonight, hadn't used it for a year, they are awesome subs. But my horns are intergrated into the room sound and vision. Sue still recons it's better than the horns as it vibrates her rear seat more on the riser.

Forgot to say I can ship the Submersive at buyers expense in the original packing.

• 2 weeks later...
53 minutes ago, Mike13 said:

Hi mate. How low do these go and how heavy are they?

Pretty sure in room response is down around 10 Hz and I think they come in at around 50 kg's.  The OP can clarify if I'm wrong... 

5 minutes ago, SandS said:

I thought they were down around 12 but on the back of the amp it says

Frequency Responce +/-3dB 15/19-200Hz

Shipping weight. 62kg 

Pretty sure that's an outdoor ground plane measurement...

39 minutes ago, Kaynin said:

Pretty sure that's an outdoor ground plane measurement...

Your proberbly right. I was looking at some early posts on the Seaton forum, and one guy said Mark normally gets down to 10Hz and in his room 8Hz. Room size and shape etc. must give different readings.

6 minutes ago, Mike13 said:

Either way that is low.

I just realised that it is a dual sub, not dual subs. Where is the second driver placed? Must be opposite sides?

Yes, sorry if my wording was misleading, two 15" drivers. Can be left and right or front and back. Can have one driver up against the wall, only needs 2 or 3 inches gap.

I use one of these subs in my HT system. Amazing output and goes really deep and low. Makes other subs seem like toys, highly recommended.

Be aware there is no crossover control on the plate amp so you need to use it with some sort of processor.

What Audiogeek said above is true.

Be also aware you can upgrade to another amp for it, the HPi+ version, can either drive just a single box  or another box without an amp fitted. That is what I run, I think it pumps out 6000 watts or something in the master/slave combo in 2 ohm in the 240 volt version, 120 volt is 4000 watts iirc.  Ofcourse I get now where near this output, I'd have to rebuild my house if I did lol. It goes deep and much fun and great for music too.

The amps have 2 dsp setting though , one goes lower that the other one, a matter of preference which one you'd use. But for the rest, all there is is volume control on the amp.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

625 W  x  645 H.   445 D.  mm

24.5. W.    25.5 H.    17.5. D. In inches

Thats with the speakers left and right. It can be placed front and back and only needs 2 or 3 inches from speaker and the wall.

Shipping weight. 62kg 

I still have original packing and small pallet it was shipped on.

I think it was about $120 to ship from Canberra to Brisbane.