LWA Staff

SOLD: Krell KAV-250a

Item: Krell KAV-250a Power Amplifier
Location: Len Wallis Audio HQ - 64 Burns Bay Road, Lane Cove, NSW
Price: $2000
Item Condition: Very good
Payment Method: Cash, credit cards, PayPal, Bank Transfer
Extra Info:

This early 1990's build has been fully tested by us. Some say that Krell's can be a little cold but we don't hear that at all. This unit offer a majestic and satisfying performances in spades!
What you're looking at a 250 Watt per Ch (at 8 Ohm) proposition with a 2kW trans - more than enough mumbo to drive the fussiest of speakers but of course it's not all about numbers.
This is an accurate, fast and natural amp with a broad sound stage and dynamic capabilities.
Krell certainly over-engineered these units to last and this one is no exception.
Will provide enjoyment for years to come.  

Pictures:

SN_KRELL_250_20171229.png

SN_KRELL_250_20171229_1.png

Edited by LWA Staff

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Neo
      Price: $1600 Item Condition: 9.5/10 Shipping Options: Pickup is available,Audition is not available, but in-person pickup can be arranged with limited personal contact Suburb or Town: Lane Cove 2066 State: New South Wales Payment Method: PayPal, Cash Reason for selling: Upgrade Further information: fantastic power amplifier with the specs outlined in the link
      RRP is $3000 and with the recent price rise would be a lot more. 
       https://www.naimaudio.com/product/nap-155-xs
      Postage extra
      Photos:

• By Neo
      Price: $1500 Item Condition: 9.5/10 Shipping Options: Pickup is available,Audition is not available, but in-person pickup can be arranged with limited personal contact,I can ship this item Suburb or Town: Lane Cove State: New South Wales Payment Method: PayPal, Cash Reason for selling: Upgrade   Further information: fantastic power amplifier with the specs outlined in the link
      RRP was $3000 and with the recent price rise would have been a lot more. 
      Currently in the naim power amplifier line up Nap100 is $2000 and nap200dr is $5200 a considerable jump in price. Nap155xs slots right in between these two units and is a great upgrade from Nap100 in terms of power supply and true naim Watts of power. Nap155xs is 2 ohm stable for extended periods of time and with over 90w into 4ohm will suit a wide range of speakers which it will drive with outmost authority.
       https://www.naimaudio.com/product/nap-155-xs
      Postage extra
      Photos:

• By Cnnnnc
      Price: $1400 Item Condition: excellent Shipping Options: Pickup is available Suburb or Town: panania State: New South Wales Payment Method: EFT, COP, Paypal (+3%) Reason for selling: No Longer Needed Further information: 
      Item: Krell S-300i Int Amp
      This is an excellent sounding amp. Previously purchased from a sna member. It has been serving me well during the time. I now have changed the arrangement so it is no longer needed therefore for sale. It comes with remote control but no original box, so pickup is preferred. 

• By jomjom
      Price: $2000 Item Condition: Used Shipping Options: Pickup is available,Audition is not available, but in-person pickup can be arranged with limited personal contact Suburb or Town: Middleton Grange State: New South Wales Payment Method: Cash on pickup,paypal Reason for selling: NLR -Further information: These is a wonderful amp,250 watts into 8 ohms and easily double down to 500 watts into 4 ohms.Immensely and effortlessly powerful but also a great sounding beast.Bought the amp last year from another sna member.
      Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

• By SBM
      Hi There,
      I am looking for a 3 channel power amplifier to use with LCR of Home Theatre.

Was think about used Emotiva XPA 3 Gen 1 or 2 amp. But as power amplifier will last longer decided to buy new so can own longer time.

Heard great about ELEKTRA HD2 3 CHANNEL POWER AMPLIFIER. For $2700 RRP.

Does anyone know how good is that amplifier - value for money.

Elektra amplifier Pros/Cons?

Is there any amplifier , I need to consider with in the same budget.

Is Elektra quality better than Emotiva?

Parasound A23+ or Emotiva XPA or any brands to compare and grade the Elektra.

Please help me to decide based on your HI Fi experience.

Thanks in advance.