SOLD: FS: Emotiva xpa5 gen1

Item: Emotiva XPA5 Gen1
Price: $1000
Item Condition: Excellent
Reason for selling: D
ownsizing to to a stereo only setup.
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash or direct deposit
Extra Info: 
Selling my Emotiva XPA5 Gen1. It is in excellent condition. I imported brand new from Emotiva. 
It did a great job powering my 5.1 setup in my old house but now just too much overkill for a stereo setup in a small room.
Happy to post pictures if you want. 
Edited by Rock Robster
updating to fit guidelines

@Rock Robster

Please format your ad as per our guidelines and add a firm price. We don’t accept bidding.

Thanks.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Max Headroom
      Item: Pair of Emotiva XPA-1 Gen1 monoblock amplifiers - BEASTS
      Price:  $2100 for the pair (New model is $2399 ea!!!)
      Item Condition: 9 out of 10
      Reason for selling: NLR
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
      Extra Info: I seriously stopped and asked myself whether I wanted to sell these beasts... because really, can you ever have enough power!!!

500 watts into 8 Ohms
      1000 watts into 4 Ohms - Yes the magic doubling of watts as the Ohms halve!!!
      Massive 1.2 KVA toroidal power transformer
      Completely stable into 4 Ohm loads
      34kg of hulking, bruising power
      Fully balanced differential amplifier
      XLR and RCA inputs
      Each amp has dual speaker binding posts so you can bi wire with seperate cables if you choose

Powerful enough to drive pretty much any speaker you're able to fit in your home, this amp showed that Emotiva could play with the big boys. With a fully balanced differential design, the XPA-1 has an advanced microprocessor operating system that protects it from all fault conditions. Quality build and attention to detail you'd find in amplifiers cost much more.  Its truly a high quality amplifier, that isnt just about braun, and put Emotiva on the map as a creator of quality and great sounding hi-fi components.

I've had these amps running off many pre-amps, into many different speakers, and they never fail to catch my breath with their power, control, finesse, subtlety and rhythm. I've been listening to them all day to test them... originally was only going to put them on for 15 minutes, but got drawn into listening to them through my Monitor Audio PL300ii speakers, they're just that good. These amps scale up really well with quality speakers, so rather than their shortcomings becoming apparent, they end up staying in your system while many other components are upgraded. The Emotiva is the proverbial iron fist in a velvet glove. You can never get enough of having all that power in reserve - its not about playing loud, its about dynamics and effortlessness that you cant achieve any other way.

If you have power hungry speakers, or you just want to be certain you have plenty of headroom when you play orchestral pieces with pipe organ, this power amplifier will do the job.

Current price of $2399 per monoblock can be found at: https://vaf.com.au/products/emotiva-xpa-1-reference-mono-block

These amps are in great condition - I've said 9 out of 10 only because they're not new. These amps have also just been in for a service and clean.
      • All binding posts have been replaced as a couple of the plastic collars had cracked due to over tightening - I think they came in a set so the tech just replaced them all
      • An RCA socket was also replaced as it had come loose due to a stupidly tight Chord cable I used to have
      The amps have never played up and have worked consistently without a hitch, so it was only these items that needed attention. The lucky buyer will have serviced and fully tested amps

Yes I have the boxes and the instruction manual. These amps are really heavy, and I mean REALLY HEAVY. So if you want them couriered to you it will cost you as they are just over 40kg ea packed.

I'll be really sad to see them go, but time to clear out my gear, make space for upgrades - and get some money to pay for them!

Donation made to SNA on successful sale of amps.

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

• By mrf0ster
      Item: Emotiva XPA-DR2
      Price: 2000.00 (Purchased 3 2 months ago for 2400.00)
      Item Condition: Brand new, excellent, packaging and receipt for warranty purposes. 
      Reason for selling: Change of priorities 
      Extra Info:

Priorities have changed, and audio has to be down the list. This unit is only 3 2 months old and has 4.8 years of warranty remaining. 
      Drove my Paradigm S8’s with ease and grace. Great sounding amp. 

The XPA-DR2 is a high-powered two-channel audiophile power amplifier that combines the exceptional accuracy and finesse of a true balanced differential design with the power you need to deliver musical crescendos and movie special effects with stunning realism and impact. Whatever your listening preferences, the XPA-DR2 will give you the combination of detail and power than only a fully differential amplifier can provide.
      The XPA-DR2 features two of our Differential Reference™ Amplifier Modules, and is the ideal choice to power a no-holds-barred stereo music system, or to power the critical front left and right channels of an absolutely awesome surround sound music or home theater system. The XPA-DR2 delivers 550 watts RMS into 8 Ohms, and 800 watts RMS into 4 Ohms, both channels driven, with less than 0.1% THD.

https://emotiva.com/products/xpa-dr2

• By mrf0ster
      Item: Emotiva XSP-1 GEN1
      Price: $500.00
      Item Condition: Excellent
      Reason for selling: NLR
      Extra Info: https://emotiva.com/products/xsp-1

Used for 6 months then stored in the garage after purchasing the Yamaha CXA5000, also for sale here. Bought back into play 6 months ago and sounds terrific. Power supply and transistors upgraded prior to shipping by Emotiva (Email Attached)  and has never missed a beat! (Still has the plastic protection on the front display). 

If you are interstate and interested, please research shipping and organise yourself.
      Dimensions:
      17” wide x 6” high x 16-1/2” deep (unboxed; includes feet and terminals).
      22″ wide x 19″ deep x 10″ high (boxed)
      Weight: 29.0 lbs.

Thank you. 

• By HiFi Collector Adelaide
      Item: PrimaLuna Prologue Premium Power Amplifier (available with Black or Silver front plate)
      Note matching Prologue Preamplifier is also available for purchase as new or ex-demo.
      Price: $2,470 (RRP $3,295)
      Item Condition: Brand new, full warranty - 2 years warranty (6 months tube warranty)
      Reason for selling: Discontinued model
      Payment Method: Card, PayPal, Cash, Bank Transfer
      Shipping: Ships with TNT Australia wide
      Extra Info: Can we switched from stereo to mono mode allowing for a second Prologue Poweramp to be configured as monoblocks - extra discount for ordering as mono pair! 

https://hificollector.com.au/product/primaluna-prologue-premium-power-amplifier/

Photos: