scuzzii

GTG Sydney - Scuzzii's

Sponsor

I'll make the journey down, John, so looking forward to it and to catching up with everyone again. 

If you haven't been to John's place before, do yourself a favour, put your name down to attend and come along and have a listen to one of the best sounding systems in the country.:thumb:

Cheers,

Keith

Edited by cheekyboy

I'll make the journey down, John, so looking forward to it and to catching up with everyone again. 

If you haven't been to John's place before, do yourself a favour, put your name down to attend and come along and have a listen to one of the best sounding systems in the country.:thumb:

Cheers,

Keith
Looking forward to catching up Keith.

ok, attendees so far are

@cheekyboy

@SPR08Y

Pls PM me so that I can organise sufficient supplies (errm Wine)

Folks,  if you're interested in coming along, could you drop me a PM?  Looking to finalise numbers.

have 1 tentative (Ross) and 3 confirmed  (Keith, Tony, Michael).

Sponsor

Hi John, I'm looking forward to making the trip and as you are aware, I'll have Tony Caloia from TC Loudspeakers up here in Forster with me too. Tony is a fellow speaker manufacturer and we are currently working on a joint venture for a beautiful hi end two way standmount loudspeaker. I will have more to say about this project next week along with some pics, but I think attendees might really enjoy talking to Tony as well at your GTG.

Looking forward to catching up with everyone again and hopefully meeting some new faces as well.

Cheers,

Keith

Edited by cheekyboy

And we are off and running03ceee1829203bcb71c62878fb48b929.jpg

John,

Which phono stage did you end up with? Looks like the Slee.

Love the Dyson keeping the Luxman cool....:lol::thumb:

I had the pleasure of meeting John and Tony today and it was great to see you again Keith, John's system is awesome I only had a short time there but I was impressed thanks guys for the hospitality too :):thumb:.

Seb

John,

Which phono stage did you end up with? Looks like the Slee.
Hi Pete

The Brinkman was on duty. It's what I will pull the trigger on. Played the Slee in the morning before visitors arrived

Michael has left his Pure Audio stage for me to try out whilst the Brinkman is built and delivered.

Slee gear will go up for sale at some stage. Need to work out timing first. But Brinkman is end game on that front.

John

Love the Dyson keeping the Luxman cool....:thumb:
Yep. Very important job

was a great day and strangely enough, I'm not hungover...  ( hmm who was absent yesterday..........)

The standout album for me was Hugh Masekela. Amazing lungs..     And also Supertramp - Crime of the Century sounded bloody fantastic.

Thanks everyone for coming over.  Especially Keith and Seb who drove a good 6+ hours as a round trip.

Super hospitality as always chez @scuzzii

System sounding awesome. Those CH2s are incredible! They just let you know how good John’s front end is! (*edit: Oops, not sure I can say that on a family friendly forum!) Not sure where the extra turntables will fit to utilise the three inputs on the Brinkmann! 

Thanks mate! 

Edited by SPR08Y

Name them and shame them! :D

Sponsor

Thanks for another great GTG, John. Tony and I made the trip down and even though it is around 3 hours each way, it is well worth the effort. Thanks again for your hospitality and the chance to listen to that wonderful system. The vinyl front end is astonishingly good and the likes of Hugh Masakela's 'Hope' was sounding the best I've ever heard it, as was one of my all time favourite albums, Supertramp's 'Crime Of The Century'

I took a few pics too.

IMG_0495.JPG

IMG_0496.JPG

IMG_0497.JPG

Edited by cheekyboy

Oh dear, how did I miss this? I’m not far from Hornsby.

Hope you will host another one later  this year.

H

Guest Sime

I can’t even imagine how those CH2’s would sound, most fascinating looking speakers. 

One thing I can say about the CH2s.  I have made several upgrades across my system - Amp, Tonearm, Cartridge x 2, SACD player, Slee phono stage, and now a new phono stage is on the way (Brinkmann).  The ability to hear the improvement is astonishing and I just wonder how much higher the CH2s could actually go.  They just seem to reveal more and more with each upgrade and I suspect I'm not near their peak yet (the gear I had previously wasn't crap).  Feed them the best you can is my guidance.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By scuzzii
      folks

looking to have 2 GTGs over the same weekend and I have 5 seats available for both the Saturday and Sunday (Sept 23 and 24).  Wife will be OS so I am grabbing the opportunity.

Keith @cheekyboyfrom Wyndham Audio will be visiting for the weekend and bringing his BR1s.  They are a great speaker and I'm sure many of you will be impressed by them upon 1st listen.  The usual high standards that Keith puts into his speaker design and build all evidenced (and at a low price point).

Drop me a PM so I have enough wine to supply you.......  (oh and some food)

The BR1's will be at my place for a period of time, so should this weekend not suit, just drop me a PM as I may do another the following weekend or another date later on.

Some pics of the gear that will be playing - first few are the BR1's

• By scuzzii
      Keith

hope you don't mind me starting a thread in your section.  Since I purchased the Tonearm from you, figured people might be interested in my impressions on a product you sell .

With a massive thanks to Keith for arranging the Tonearm and delivery and a massive thanks to Greg @Hensa for installing it yesterday, I'm the lucky owner of a new tonearm - Brinkman 10.5.

https://www.wyndhamaudio.com.au/products/brinkmann-10-5-tonearm

I didn't quite understand the difference Tonearms make, and certainly over the past 2 years I've seen a few comments from SNA'rs who gave recommendations on where I should look to upgrade across the end to end chain of my system.  So after about 6 months of discussing it with Keith (and then saving) I pulled the trigger on the Brinkman.  I trusted the advice from Keith and it also speaks volumes that it is the tonearm of choice for Keith in his system - so you know it will be good.

Greg volunteered (well I pestered him til he gave in) to install the arm yesterday.  Obviously I wasn't much help but Misha supervised so I knew it would be Ok.  A few funny moments in the installation but when we fired it up in anger we both just said "wow" - (well words similar but can't swear on here).

Immediately the bass was richer, fuller and deeper.  Not bloated, just better and deeper.  The clarity was a big change as well.  Many more layers to the music presentation. Remarkable a tonearm can make this kind of difference.

We played "Rag n Bone Man - Human" - we are both very familiar with this pressing and we could both hear the improvements in the sound presentation. More of the background effects were audible, the bass was just sensational (deep and sounding awesome), the best way to articulate the change is to say it is more "Holographic" (to borrow Greg's description of the sound).

Each Album we played afterwards we could both hear the improvement.  For me,  money well spent.  The uplift I reckon is around 15% in overall system performance - on what was a pretty decent sounding system already.  I'm being conservative as well with that percentage.

Loving the new Brinkman tonearm

Thanks again Keith and thanks Greg!!!

Woo hoo...............

Some pics from yesterday, before and after shots - with one of the supervisor (Misha).  From phone so perhaps not as good as others produce on here.

Jelco 750 Tonearm to Brinkman 10.5 Tonearm

• By scuzzii
      Just a quick post on Keith's visit yesterday.  Keith was coming back through Syd from melb where a new set of CH2's were delivered.  I'm sure the owner has spent the weekend gobsmacked at their performance (as I do each time I sit in front of mine).

A small group assembled (and a few couldn't make it due to flu - next time fellas)

@Hensa, @Nigel, @Headbanger arrived around 2pm/3pm mark and but Keith and I had been well under way already listening to Jason Isbell, Jeff Tweedy, John Mellencamp and Rodney Crowell.

In my view - Rodney Crowell was the best of the music all day.

I cant recall the exact order of the recordings we listened to so I will just post the pics of the Albums.  Finished around 10pm last night after a cracking day enjoying the system (most of which has come from Keith) and the music.  The synergy I'm getting through the Cart, TT, Phono stages, Amp to CH2's is highly enjoyable/stunning in my assessment (somewhat bias I appreciate).  I'm extremely satisfied with the sound I have and thanks must go to Keith and Dave for their advice on setup.  Great folks to deal with.

Brinkman Tone arm is a week or so away - that may just about do me as end state.   (ok for now -  may investigate 2nd TT but not sure I really need it).

I think Nigel and Russ took some pics as well through the day.

Over to the albums played - as an observation, the 45rpm releases stand out for me.  They just have more in the music.

Albums by

Jason Isbell
      Kandace Springs
      Bonobo
      Rodney Crowell
      Jacintha (45rpm)
      Vanessa Fernandez (45rpm)
      John Coltrane (45rpm)
      Jeff Tweedy
      Tom Petty
      Jack Johnson
      Glen Hansard
      Keb Mo
      Keb Mo and Taj Mahal
      John Mellencamp
      John Mayer (45rpm)
      Neil Diamond

• By dthompson
      Item: PureAudioProjects Stellar 12 OB loudspeakers
      Price: $18,500 + freight 
      Item Condition: Demonstration.....excellent.
      Payment Method: Cash or bank Transfer
      Extra Info: Wyndham Audio is selling this demonstration pair of PureAudioProjects Stellar 12 open baffle loudspeakers. These featured in the International hifi show at Albert Park in 2016.
      They have been used for demonstration purposes only and played infrequently.
      They a big, bold and beautiful with a unique look and a sound that is superb. They deliver great bass, well articulated mids and accurate clear high frequency. The sound -stage is deep and broad as you'd expect and you seem to become immersed within the soundstage. Instrument placement is excellent with point and source well articulated.
      We have played them on a variety of amplifiers from low powered valve to high powered solid state and the Stellars performed superbly with all. This allows for individual choice for a customer preferring or keen to experiment with sound source.
      These loudspeaker come with their own designed and constructed travel cases....which are themselves stunning. So transport is pretty straight forward. These cases are on wheels so moving them is easy. They are large
      Costs for transport would obviously vary depending upon location and noting complications known as stairs etc. but due to their travel cases relatively straight forward.
      They would suit a number of rooms....obviously medium sized and up to allow for the room from rear and side walls. Once correct placement is achieved the spikes can be fitted. We curwenly do not have the spikes fitted due to home wooden flooring.
      Wyndham Audio is selling these on behalf of PureAudioProjects from Israel. They retail for $25,000 USD....so this represents a huge saving for something so incredibly unique.
      So please drop Dave a note to arrange a listening session. 
      Pictures:

• By scuzzii
      Gauging interest for a GTG Sunday March 12.  A good opportunity to hear both the CH2s and BR3s from Wyndham Audio  @cheekyboy.  I have a few commitments after this weekend so after this date it will be end of April before another opportunity comes up.

Date: 12 March

Time: 1pm onwards

Capacity:  6 people is about the comfort number

Source formats available:  TT, CD and SACD

Pls PM me if you are keen.