Want the staples below the surface of the back of the grills, no worries Mate  just use the router to trench cut and this will also form the cut line for the fabric.
As always will be running a strip of felt around the inside of the grill frame for decoration and anti rattle. Still going  next is to mark out and pilot into the baffles for the grill pegs and  rubber sockets x 10 per grill, to be sure

IMG_2292.JPG.5a2e6db89fa1c2eeb550e46b2b03b4f1.JPG
IMG_2291.JPG.44effabf54b00bfcb1453f81c2302f17.JPG
A simple decent idea mate. I like it! Well done.

13 minutes ago, Upfront said:
16 minutes ago, 125dBmonster said:
Want the staples below the surface of the back of the grills, no worries Mate emoji4.png just use the router to trench cut and this will also form the cut line for the fabric.
As always will be running a strip of felt around the inside of the grill frame for decoration and anti rattle. Still going emoji4.png next is to mark out and pilot into the baffles for the grill pegs and  rubber sockets x 10 per grill, to be sure

IMG_2292.JPG.5a2e6db89fa1c2eeb550e46b2b03b4f1.JPG
IMG_2291.JPG.44effabf54b00bfcb1453f81c2302f17.JPG

Read more  

A simple decent idea mate. I like it! Well done.

Thanks Linc

Tricky stuff adds to the time until completion but should benefit me with a slightly better more snug fit of the actual grill 

Don't want them popping off mid performance and been there before with DIY grills

Thanks Linc
Tricky stuff adds to the time until completion but should benefit me with a slightly better more snug fit of the actual grill 
Don't want them popping off mid performance and been there before with DIY grills
Done once, done right. Your right, it does take more time but will be worth it mate.

42 minutes ago, Upfront said:
45 minutes ago, 125dBmonster said:
Thanks Linc

Done once, done right. Your right, it does take more time but will be worth it mate.

Came up sweet Linc, now for the mark out of the grill pegs, Need them to be interchangeable and only go on 1 way as there is a bottom and a top.

Makes sense. The bottom always ends up a little dustier. Makes sense to keep it out of site.