Did I go too big?

I just ordered a 75” Pana ex780, (although it is not in stock).

I am starting to feel a little buyers remorse though and wondering if I should cancel the order. I checked my viewing distance and it is exactly 3m from wall to where my head will be. I will be using it mostly for Netflix/ gaming and a little sport.

Should I keep the 75” order or go the 65”?

Edited by warnsey1

12 hours ago, metal beat said:

75 inch is king.  I have a 75 inch Sony.  Love it

Enjoy:wub:

yeah, at 1800 wide its as wide as my bathroom

you could hide a small car behind that tele,

it could serve as a room divider and make an extra bedroom and increase the value of the house if you ever wanted to sell

on a clear night it can be seen from the Space Station ... but yeah its a great tele at that size ;-)

7 hours ago, mello yello said:

yeah, at 1800 wide its as wide as my bathroom

you could hide a small car behind that tele,

it could serve as a room divider and make an extra bedroom and increase the value of the house if you ever wanted to sell

on a clear night it can be seen from the Space Station ... but yeah its a great tele at that size ;-)

Jealously is a curse :)

How do you think I know when Manly get dudded in the nrl?  The white lines are wider than you in your prime :angel:

I'm 3.5m from a 130" scope screen and find it excellent and never feel too close. A 16:9 image works out at 103".

Yesterday I got my first pair of multi focal glasses which are still magnified through the top half, feels like our TV in the familyroom just went up a size:cool:. Haven't tried the projector yet.

Guest Peter the Greek

Nup, bigger is best, you'll get use to it. So long as you're not moving your head to what a film, which you wont be. We lived in a unit many moons ago with a 92" 16:9 screen and we must have been 3.5m from it....awesome. We never had an issue with fatigue etc. I'll always side with larger not smaller. Immersion is a personal thing though I have found.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/18/2017 at 8:53 PM, warnsey1 said:

I just ordered a 75” Pana ex780, (although it is not in stock).

I am starting to feel a little buyers remorse though and wondering if I should cancel the order. I checked my viewing distance and it is exactly 3m from wall to where my head will be. I will be using it mostly for Netflix/ gaming and a little sport.

Should I keep the 75” order or go the 65”?

Well, according to the guidelines from The Society of Motion Picture & Television Engineers , 3M distance from 75" is perfection.

I ordered the same TV on 16/12 and it finally arrives tomorrow. My eye to screen distance will be approx 3 meters also. I'll update with my experience:)

Rtings.JPG

8 minutes ago, freeradical said:

Well, according to the guidelines from The Society of Motion Picture & Television Engineers , 3M distance from 75" is perfection.

A the old Society of Motion Picture & television Engineers. I wondered what became of them, they almost teamed up with the Freemasons once you know. :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Darren69 said:

A the old Society of Motion Picture & television Engineers. I wondered what became of them, they almost teamed up with the Freemasons once you know. :D

Almost, but their secret HDMI handshake wasn’t compatible...

• Like 2
  • Haha 3