Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
warnsey1

Did I go too big?

Recommended Posts

I just ordered a 75” Pana ex780, (although it is not in stock).

 

I am starting to feel a little buyers remorse though and wondering if I should cancel the order. I checked my viewing distance and it is exactly 3m from wall to where my head will be. I will be using it mostly for Netflix/ gaming and a little sport.

 

Should I keep the 75” order or go the 65”?

Edited by warnsey1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest yamaha_man

Never too big, there isn't such a thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nope, 75" is fine.  I have a 75" TV and I sit 3.5 metres away, it's no problem.  I just sat 500mm closer and it's fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

75 inch is king.  I have a 75 inch Sony.  Love it

 

Enjoy:wub:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


3meters is nothing... my first row eye to 123" pj screen is 3.1meters.. 75"? dont loose sleep over it.. just get some binoculars haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

75" at 3.5m here too, all good.

 

Cheers,

Jason.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


12 hours ago, warnsey1 said:

Should I keep the 75”...

Good for a 3m distance...

 

JSmith :ninja:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, metal beat said:

75 inch is king.  I have a 75 inch Sony.  Love it

 

Enjoy:wub:

yeah, at 1800 wide its as wide as my bathroom

 

you could hide a small car behind that tele,

it could serve as a room divider and make an extra bedroom and increase the value of the house if you ever wanted to sell

 

 

on a clear night it can be seen from the Space Station ... but yeah its a great tele at that size ;-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a 92" projector screen about 3.5m from where I am sitting, so no problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


7 hours ago, mello yello said:

yeah, at 1800 wide its as wide as my bathroom

 

you could hide a small car behind that tele,

it could serve as a room divider and make an extra bedroom and increase the value of the house if you ever wanted to sell

 

 

on a clear night it can be seen from the Space Station ... but yeah its a great tele at that size ;-)

 

Jealously is a curse :)

 

How do you think I know when Manly get dudded in the nrl?  The white lines are wider than you in your prime :angel:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As every one has said no such thing as too big. As I tell the ladies, when it comes to home theatre size matters. I sit about 2m from my 65" Sony Z9D and its great. You will not regret going 75"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, metal beat said:

 

Jealously is a curse :)

 

How do you think I know when Manly get dudded in the nrl?  The white lines are wider than you in your prime :angel:

you would need a 175 incher to make Manly come up big :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


I'm 3.5m from a 130" scope screen and find it excellent and never feel too close. A 16:9 image works out at 103".

 

Yesterday I got my first pair of multi focal glasses which are still magnified through the top half, feels like our TV in the familyroom just went up a size:cool:. Haven't tried the projector yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am about 3.5 to 4 m from 120 inch projector screen and don't find it too big at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I view my 65" Oled from 1.8 m.3m would be way to far away so if anything i would move a bit closer to the 75".Say 2.8m.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nup, bigger is best, you'll get use to it. So long as you're not moving your head to what a film, which you wont be. We lived in a unit many moons ago with a 92" 16:9 screen and we must have been 3.5m from it....awesome. We never had an issue with fatigue etc. I'll always side with larger not smaller. Immersion is a personal thing though I have found.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest EZYHD

Using 65" Panny just over 3m but when we purchased this a year ago 75" not available then but would go that way now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/18/2017 at 8:53 PM, warnsey1 said:

I just ordered a 75” Pana ex780, (although it is not in stock).

 

I am starting to feel a little buyers remorse though and wondering if I should cancel the order. I checked my viewing distance and it is exactly 3m from wall to where my head will be. I will be using it mostly for Netflix/ gaming and a little sport.

 

Should I keep the 75” order or go the 65”?

Well, according to the guidelines from The Society of Motion Picture & Television Engineers , 3M distance from 75" is perfection.

 

I ordered the same TV on 16/12 and it finally arrives tomorrow. My eye to screen distance will be approx 3 meters also. I'll update with my experience:)

Rtings.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, freeradical said:

Well, according to the guidelines from The Society of Motion Picture & Television Engineers , 3M distance from 75" is perfection.

 

A the old Society of Motion Picture & television Engineers. I wondered what became of them, they almost teamed up with the Freemasons once you know. :D

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Darren69 said:

A the old Society of Motion Picture & television Engineers. I wondered what became of them, they almost teamed up with the Freemasons once you know. :D

 

 

Almost, but their secret HDMI handshake wasn’t compatible...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have the same TV and sit around 3m away, it's awesome! Some of the low res stuff looks average, but it looks crap at any distance. 4k is spectacular!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Classifieds Statistics


    Currently Active Ads

    Total Sales (Since 2018)

    Total Sales Value (Last 14 Days)

    Total Ads Value (Since March 2020)
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...