earlcole

SOLD: SOLD. Arcam Alpha 10 Integrated Stereo Amplifier

Item: Arcam Alpha 10 Integrated Stereo Amplifier
Price: 295
Item Condition:
Reason for selling: upgraded
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
Extra Info

This is a wonderful English made audiophile grade amplifier in excellent cosmetic and flawless working condition. The components are right off the top shelf and it has a host of inputs for multiple audio sources. The Alpha 10 received nothing but glowing reviews when it was released. I love this amp but have bought a new model with a phono stage for my turntable. The Alpha 10 sold for around the $2000 mark in Australia back in 1999/2000.

SPECIFICATIONS

Power output: 100 watts per channel into 8Ω (stereo)

Total harmonic distortion: 0.02%

Input sensitivity: 0.26mV (MC), 2.6mV (MM), 160mV (line)

Signal to noise ratio: 73dB (MC), 79dB (MM), 100dB (line)

Output: 0.8V (Pre out)

Dimensions: 430 x 380 x 110mm

Weight: 9.9kg

REVIEWS 

https://www.stereophile.com/integratedamps/1298arcam/index.html 

http://www.soundstage.com/revequip/rise46.htm
Pictures:

Arcam (1).jpg

Arcam (2).jpg

Arcam (3).jpg

Arcam (4).jpg

Edited by earlcole
Sold

Arcam integrateds I have tried have been excellent. The review suggests it comes with remote and the cited specs suggest MM/MC phono stage is fitted so good to confirm this.

Absolute bargain!
Have had a few Arcams and lovely amps.

if only i was allowed to adult toys before Christmas!!! amazing value amp going cheap.

PM sent with intention to purchase

Hi guys. It doesn't have the phono board which is why I am reluctantly selling it. It also doesn't have the remote. That is reflected in the price. The phono board was an optional extra. 

My preference to find a local buyer.

I was wondering whether this might be a worthwhile upgrade to my Rega Brio R?

I need a phono stage so I might pair the Arcam with a  Rega Mini.

On paper, it's double the power of the little Brio.

Only just read your message. Thanks for your interest. Unfortunately it sold earlier today so no longer available.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Classifieds Statistics

Currently Active Ads

Total Sales (Since 2018)

Total Sales Value (Last 14 Days)

Total Ads Value (Since March 2020)
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By YippeKiYay
      I’m hoping you knowledgeable people can help me out.

I originally posted a thread seeking help on selecting a suitable AV receiver and speakers (fronts and centre) for a 3.1 setup. I was originally planning on getting a 7.2 receiver as I may (a very unlikely may) end up getting some surround L/R built into the wall.

The other day I went into a local Hi-Fi store and demoed a number of speakers and decided to buy the Wharfedale D320 bookshelf speakers (we were very impressed with the sound from such tiny speakers) and the Wharfedale D300c as I was initially set on a 3.1 setup through an AV receiver.

However, upon reading up on a few forums and receiving advice from knowledgable people on other AV forums, it sounds like I’d be better off going for a stereo amplifier and buying two bookshelf speakers. I never considered this as I always thought a 2 channel setup would result in poor audio quality for film/TV, especially dialogue.

I currently use a JBL Cinema SB 450 (soundbar) hooked up to my TV via optical (the Arc HDMI input has gone - either on the SB or my TV). I only have a PS4, 4K player and Apple TV 4K hooked up to my TV.  For music I use a Bose Wave SoundTouch.

I’m looking to buy a setup to replace the soundbar and Bose Wave to improve on the sound quality, the major issue with the soundbar is the dialogue.  My partner has hearing problems so we’re having to have subtitles on all the time. We don’t want the setup to be too big (ie floor standing speakers) as the room it will be in is used a lot for having friends over, so we don’t want the setup to be a dominant feature of the room.

Whatever setup I get I’ll be using it equally for music and film/TV. I haven’t got a turntable yet but will be looking to get one soon.

I may cancel my speaker order tomorrow and use advice from members to buy a suitable system.

I do have a reasonable budget for the system, but was hoping not to go above $3k. If I do go for a 2 channel stereo system, I’d probably need a sub too so that would need to be factored in.  Is $3k going to be enough to buy me a 2 channel stereo setup that will out perform my current soundbar? If so, what amp and speakers should I consider - will the D320s be ok to keep? We don’t want floorstanding speakers and the bookshelf speakers will sit on top of our entertainment unit on either side of the TV.

As most of my music listening is done via streaming, should I get an amp with Wi-Fi or can this be done through phone / computer? Or would it be best to get a stereo amp and a DAC with streaming capabilities? 

Or should I stick with an AV receiver with a 3.1 setup?

If it helps my living room is 5.8m x 3.8.  About 2m x 3.8 is not used for entertaining as it is an empty space with some wall furniture and one seat that we use for reading.  We sit about 2.5 metres from the TV. The room is also carpeted.
    • By LCOKE
      Item Condition: Very Good, working Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is included in price. Suburb or Town: LALOR PARK State: New South Wales Payment Method: Cash, Paypal Reason for selling: Not needed, clearing out old equipment for space Further information: 
      Unit is in original and working condition
      Sound quality is great requires minor warm up time to get best sound quality
      No refurbishment, has only been cleaned since original purchase 
      Can ship item, however I will require your postal code in order to judge whether it is within my budget to do so. 
      You can check shipping to yourself if you wish: 
      Dimensions: 55 x 42 x 38cm 12kg + signature on delivery
      Minimum price to include shipping is the $600 listed.

Photos:
    • By Boaudio
      Item Condition: Exceptional. Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Pickup available and you can audition. Suburb or Town: North Melbourne/Kensington State: Victoria Payment Method: Cash or Pay I.D transfer Reason for selling: Ready to upgrade  
      Further information:  
      Hi guys,  currently ready to upgrade to a more powerful Rega amp, my Elicit-R is now up for sale, owned it for 2 years.  my most prized possession.
      Purchased from Carlton Audio Visual previously. 

• By DrMikeOz
      Item Condition: As New Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is included in price. Suburb or Town: Wollongong State: New South Wales Payment Method: Paypal (buyer pays fees), EFT Reason for selling: quarantine upgrade fever Further information: 

Willsenton R8 tube amp - integrated amp, power amp and headphone amp.

One of the new darlings of youtube audio reviewers and a very well made piece of Chi-fi!

Takes KT88, EL34, 6CA7, KT77 or 6550 output tubes.  Specced with the optional PSVane EL34-PH output tubes.  Paid 2100AUD in April and arrived on my doorstep on May 5th 2020, so less than a month old. Save $400 and a significant wait as these things seem to be in high demand - price is firm 230V model Still have original box and outer box so no issues with Australia wide postage (est $50-80)  
      More information here: https://www.china-hifi-audio.com/en/willsenton-tube-amplifier-c-77/willsenton-r8-kt88-el34-x4-tube-integrated-amp-power-amplifier-headphone-p-2268?zenid=6b48d2b2cedb2141b62d652c97b1fae7

This in-depth review covers all the features well - i never thought i'd say this but read the comments as well to learn more about the headphone amp (supposed to be fantastic) and speaker pairings. 

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

• By Col1553552771
      Item Condition: Good Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is included in price. Suburb or Town: Auckland State: New Zealand Payment Method: Paypal Reason for selling: System Overhaul Selling my beautiful New Audio Frontiers Supreme 300b Special Edition integrated amp. Has been lovingly cared for by an obsessive audiophile.

Dead silent operation and has been 100% reliable since owning.

Sweet sounding integrated with a gorgeous mid-range that the 300B tubes are known for with great dynamics and harmonic richness.

Auto-bias and has been completely trouble free to own, and no preamp required.

Currently the cheapest price I can find globally for a new model is 15,800 USD 
      https://www.usatubeaudio.com/brand/new-audio-frontiers/

Here’s a great review below from Clement Perry of Stereotimes and plenty more online.
      http://v2.stereotimes.com/post/new-audio-frontiers-supreme-300b-special-edition-integrated-amplifier/

This amp also comes with an array of tubes as I have researched, and tube rolled the best options available. These include:

1 x pair ECC83 TESLA (not new JJ) – These are the framed grid tesla that come out of the same factory as the famed Telefunken ECC803S. I was recommended these by the NAF agent in Germany. Amazing harmonics with a dark juicy sound. 1 x pair ECC83 Telefunken (original boxes) – Huge dynamics with a very linear sound. My preferred ECC83 currently.  1 x pair ECC83 – Original Yugoslavian pair that came with the amp 1 x pair 5687 RCA – Tung-Sol Black Grid 2 x pair (one unused) of the Sperry Raytheon 5687 tube. These are my firm favourites, huge soundstage and very dynamic. I liked them so much I purchased another pair 300B – 4 x matched TJ Full Music Tubes – These have been in use for the past 5 years. No issues and still going stronG. I also have 4 of the standard 300B tubes the amp came with,  these can’t be guaranteed however will include with amp  
      This is the 230v model.

Amp will be sent in original packaging and comes with remote.