Sign in to follow this  
Tdmay

NINTENDO 64 setup

Hi guys new here 

just wondering if anyone has any advice they can give me on hooking my Nintendo 64 up to my plasma tv. It’s a Panasonic Viera, model # TH-42PV60A

ive gone through quite a few televisions lately trying to play Mario and having no luck. 

The console is in perfect working order I know that much. Just can’t work out what I’m doing wrong or what I may need. Cheers in advance 

Can you post some pictures of both and the cable  you going to use?

Neo

I think this could be a case of having the video settings different to the connection method.

I know with my old PS2, when I upgraded from Composite Video cables to Component, I had to first change the settings in the setup menu prior to connecting otherwise no picture would display.

On 18/12/2017 at 3:50 PM, Tdmay said:

Hi guys new here 

just wondering if anyone has any advice they can give me on hooking my Nintendo 64 up to my plasma tv. It’s a Panasonic Viera, model # TH-42PV60A

ive gone through quite a few televisions lately trying to play Mario and having no luck. 

The console is in perfect working order I know that much. Just can’t work out what I’m doing wrong or what I may need. Cheers in advance 

As said some pics will help...

...and we want to know what games you've got! Perfect Dark?

FWIW you can get yourself a HDMI converter for it if you're really stuck - https://www.ebay.com.au/sch/Cables-Adapters/171814/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=hdmi+upscale+converter&LH_PrefLoc=2 (maybe cheaper examples locally too) though would agree with @thathifiguy, likely a small setup issue assuming everything's plugged in.

Hi guys new here 
Hi there's a recent FPGA technology that converts composite (N64) to HDMI without adding any lag, it's called a retrotink tink2x http://www.retrotink.com

It's your best option for the 64

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Classifieds Statistics

Currently Active Ads

Total Sales (Since 2018)

Total Sales Value (Last 14 Days)

Total Ads Value (Since March 2020)
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By midek
      Item Condition: Display Excellent. Stand and accessories like new. Boxed. Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition. Suburb or Town: Adelaide State: South Australia Payment Method: Cash on Pickup Reason for selling: No Longer Required  
      For sale is a Panasonic 65" 3D Plasma TV (model TH-P65VT60A). This TV was the last and highest specified plasma TV released in Australia by Panasonic. The item for sale was manufactured in Oct 2013. Purchased by me in 2014 from the last few remaining in Myer Adelaide when plasma was discontinued.

Screen is in 'as new' condition. Picture is amazing (no kids, not used with games console. media not left paused - so definitely no burn in). Clocked up only 8555 hours usage. Used continuously until February 2020. Boxed and ready for sale, then COVID happened - so delayed until now.

4 HDMI ports and 3 USB ports. Built in pop-up camera for Skype. Software updated to latest version. Connects to wifi or cat6 network, has Netflix, YouTube, ABC iView, SBS On Demand, etc apps built in. Works great with Apple TV, Chromecast.

Heavy duty stand and all accessories included; standard remote (never used - like new), touch pad remote (unopened in pack), two pairs 3D glasses (used twice - like new), pen for use with electronic note taking app (unopened in pack), manual and strap to secure to TV cabinet.

Exceptional care was taken of this premium TV. Buy with confidence. This TV has many years of viewing pleasure left in it.

• By midek
      Item Condition: Excellent condition all round. Screen is perfect. Comes with stand and all accessories+manual. Boxed. Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition. Suburb or Town: Adelaide State: South Australia Payment Method: Cash on Pickup. Reason for selling: No Longer Required. Panasonic 65" 3D Plasma TV TH-P65VT60A.
      Excellent condition overall. Exceptional care was taken of this premium TV.
      Screen in 'as new' condition. (no kids, not used with games console. not left on pause - so no burn in). Clocked up only 8555 hours usage. Used continuously until February 2020. Boxed and ready for sale, then COVID happened - so delayed until now.
      This TV was the last and highest specified plasma TV released in Australia by Panasonic. The item for sale was manufactured in Oct 2013. Purchased by me in 2014 from the last few remaining in Myer Adelaide when plasma was discontinued.
      Picture is amazing. Software updated to latest version. Connects to wifi or cat6 network, has Netflix, YouTube, ABC, SBS, etc apps built in. Works great with Apple TV, Chromecast.
      Heavy duty stand and all accessories included; standard remote (never used - like new), touch pad remote (unopened in pack), two pairs 3D glasses (used twice - like new), pen for use with electronic note taking app (unopened in pack), manual and strap to secure to furniture.
      4 HDMI ports and 3 USB ports. Built in pop-up camera for Skype.
      Top TV that has many years of viewing pleasure left in it.

• By CaptHowie
      Item: 1080p Full HD Home Cinema Projector
      Price Range: Up to $1500
      Item Condition: New or Used
      Extra Info:

I am currently on the look out for a brand-name 1080p Full HD home cinema projector in good condition. I’ve been looking at the Epson, Panasonic and Sony range second-hand, but also interested in other good alternatives. LCD or DLP, although I am wary of bad experiences with second hand LCD projectors (e.g. vertical lines) so more recent models if possible. Located in Melbourne.
    • By candyflip
      Item:     PANASONIC Lumix G7 camera (body only is fine)
      Price Range:     $3-500
      Item Condition:    Used
      Extra Info:   no lens needed, but if kit lens included , OK.
      Box nor acessories required, but again, can be included.

• By Mat_Higgins
      I'm new to this and found a few turntables within my price range. Are they any good/which would you recommend?
      CDC ST-510: https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/adelaide-cbd/other-audio/cdc-st-510-turntable-with-ortofon-cartridge/1247388109 
      TECHNICS SL-B2: https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/sheidow-park/stereo-systems/technics-turntable/1247023315 
      KENWOOD P-235: https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/adelaide-cbd/other-audio/kenwood-automatic-return-turntable-p-235-022900227316/1246377998 
      TECHNICS SL-DD20: https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/beulah-park/stereo-systems/technics-direct-drive-sl-dd20-turntable-stanton/1222718854
      SANYO TP-1012: https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/seacliff/stereo-systems/sanyo-tp-1012-direct-drive-turntable/1247663237
      I was also wondering which speakers you would recommend for turntable?
      ENERGY POINT 1E vs MORDAUNT SHORT MS-15 BOOKSHELF SPEAKERS 
      (I can get the sanyo and ms speakers for $300 or the SL-B2 and the 1E speakers for $250 in a combo)
      I'm also looking to buy Sherwood RX 2030R Stereo-Surround Amplifier Receiver with Phono function for turntable (https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/adelaide-cbd/stereo-systems/sherwood-stereo-surround-amplifier-receiver-with-phono/1247707184)
      Thoughts?