Sign in to follow this  
Tdmay

NINTENDO 64 setup

Hi guys new here 

just wondering if anyone has any advice they can give me on hooking my Nintendo 64 up to my plasma tv. It’s a Panasonic Viera, model # TH-42PV60A

ive gone through quite a few televisions lately trying to play Mario and having no luck. 

The console is in perfect working order I know that much. Just can’t work out what I’m doing wrong or what I may need. Cheers in advance 

Can you post some pictures of both and the cable  you going to use?

Neo

I think this could be a case of having the video settings different to the connection method.

I know with my old PS2, when I upgraded from Composite Video cables to Component, I had to first change the settings in the setup menu prior to connecting otherwise no picture would display.

On 18/12/2017 at 3:50 PM, Tdmay said:

Hi guys new here 

just wondering if anyone has any advice they can give me on hooking my Nintendo 64 up to my plasma tv. It’s a Panasonic Viera, model # TH-42PV60A

ive gone through quite a few televisions lately trying to play Mario and having no luck. 

The console is in perfect working order I know that much. Just can’t work out what I’m doing wrong or what I may need. Cheers in advance 

As said some pics will help...

...and we want to know what games you've got! Perfect Dark?

FWIW you can get yourself a HDMI converter for it if you're really stuck - https://www.ebay.com.au/sch/Cables-Adapters/171814/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=hdmi+upscale+converter&LH_PrefLoc=2 (maybe cheaper examples locally too) though would agree with @thathifiguy, likely a small setup issue assuming everything's plugged in.

Hi guys new here 
Hi there's a recent FPGA technology that converts composite (N64) to HDMI without adding any lag, it's called a retrotink tink2x http://www.retrotink.com

It's your best option for the 64