Show us your response graphs

23 minutes ago, mikk said:

Sounds like it’s been pretty hard work to get your curve looking as good as it does? I can only assume that your system sounds as good as it looks?!

I think it sounds fantastic, and the frequency response graph is but one part of what makes it special.

Here's my showcase thread:

15 minutes ago, andyr said:

Beaudifull!!  :)  But what about <400Hz, Art?

Andy

I'll see if I can find it - in a folder somewhere. There's a room mode at 40Hz, but otherwise it's essentially flat at the listening position. I was using Dirac for bass correction for a while but now using convolver correction in foobar / JRiver.  

This thread might be one place where wrinkles are appreciated more than nice curves hey, but even so, we need more info to be able to engage.

One channel, two channels?

Mic at listening position?

Measurement gear and software used?

Speaker details?

Otherwise it's just more nice curves on the internet.

On 06/04/2019 at 8:15 AM, Ittaku said:

Most of the DSP duties are done by my Dspeaker X4. This is at the listening position.

Are you applying digital room EQ (with measurements at listening position) all the way up to 20kHz?

Edited by Music2496

31 minutes ago, Music2496 said:

Are you applying digital room EQ (with measurements at listening position) all the way up to 20kHz?

Yes, the correction goes to 16khz but there's virtually no adjustment over 5khz. Mixed fir , iir and impulse correction.

Edited by Ittaku

42 minutes ago, BioBrian said:

This thread might be one place where wrinkles are appreciated more than nice curves hey, but even so, we need more info to be able to engage.

One channel, two channels?

Mic at listening position?

Measurement gear and software used?

Speaker details?

Otherwise it's just more nice curves on the internet.

uuum ok,why? I always prefer nice curves over wrinkles lol

Centre channel + dual subs for the 20Hz -20Khz

Just the dual subs for the bass response (REW output 4 - LFE channel)

Average of main 2 seating positions

Mini-DSP Umik-1 (individually calibrated by Cross Spectrum Labs down to 5Hz) + REW + Windows7 Laptop

Speakers are Power Sound Audio MTM-210 for LCR and MT-110 for surrounds.

https://www.powersoundaudio.com/collections/speakers/products/mtm-210

https://www.powersoundaudio.com/collections/speakers/products/mt-110

Subwoofers are Seaton SubMersives

https://seatonsound.net/product/submersivehp/

AVR is Denon 4311ci with Audyssey XT32 EQ

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ittaku said:

Yes, the correction goes to 16khz but there's virtually no adjustment over 5khz. Mixed fir , iir and impulse correction.

Regarding digital room EQ (not speaker correction), had you tried just limiting this DSP to schroeder frequency (i.e. under 200/300/500/whatever Hz) and you didn't like resulting SQ?

Does your DSP box allow limiting DSP to custom range?

1 hour ago, Ittaku said:

Regarding digital room EQ (not speaker correction), had you tried just limiting this DSP to schroeder frequency (i.e. under 200/300/500/whatever Hz) and you didn't like resulting SQ? Or you had tried this and happier with full range DSP?

12 minutes ago, Music2496 said:

Regarding digital room EQ (not speaker correction), had you tried just limiting this DSP to schroeder frequency (i.e. under 200/300/500/whatever Hz) and you didn't like resulting SQ?

Yes, complete control over extent, however I have a mid-range peak that needs to be taken care of. The Dspeaker I find is intentionally very light on with anything past 500Hz anyway. Its default settings are very good. I manually add more control to the midrange.

Edited by Ittaku

4 minutes ago, SandS said:

like the wrinkles

Art seems to have found some nice wrinkle cream!

Of course my point was - if we are all measuring different things and not revealing the special juice, we can't fill our notebooks with gold.

On 06/04/2019 at 8:23 PM, audio_file said:

atc_combinations.thumb.jpg.5c19d0147ffdce673dd8dcc84e93896b.jpgdyn_combinations.thumb.jpg.71a2e4381d6d0d6b2d24d7fe54352ef6.jpgpmc_combinations.thumb.jpg.113c0123fb23bd119ff79d64c18b4cf9.jpgspendor_combinations.thumb.jpg.38d2957548250eb255cb65720f1ed728.jpgvienna_combinations.thumb.jpg.278c74cc730dad53ae26758cd54c508e.jpg

In all of the above the following abbreviations refer to the following component names:

MF - Musical Fidelity A3.2CR pre and power amplifiers

Naim - Naim Nait XS2 with Naim Flatcap XS

Cyrus - Cyrus Pre2 Qx with Cyrus Stereo 200

Spendor - Spendor SP2/3R2

ATC - ATC SCM 19

Vienna - Vienna Acoustics Beethoven baby grand SE

Dyn - Dynaudio Contour S1.4 LE

PMC - PMC Twenty.23

Every time the microphone was placed at the listening position with both speakers playing.

4 hours ago, BioBrian said:

Art seems to have found some nice wrinkle cream!

Of course my point was - if we are all measuring different things and not revealing the special juice, we can't fill our notebooks with gold.

I was wondering about what is the best way to show a full sweep and I went with @andyr's suggestion of 1/12 smoothing. It is a pretty good mid point between too much smoothing and too little. Another one I like available on REW is variable which is unsmoothed up to about 200hz and then gets some pretty serious smoothing so you can see the trend in the higher part of the sweep.

Here is mine below again with 1/6 , 1/12 and var curves. Taken at listening position, both speakers, no DSP,  umik-1 with cal file on REW. speakers are Duntech Princess.  Speaker position is too close to the back wall due to it being a shared space.

Can we agree on a "standard" to make interpretation and comparison simpler? Also the other variable is the number of db's on the y scale, more makes the curve smoother but I think if you are looking for feedback than a bit more detail might be good.

I put forward that the standard curve should be type "variable" and 60-70db range on the y axis. Thoughts?

compare curve types.jpg