Marc

Donations & Classifieds

Classifieds Poll  

84 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Admin
On 2/4/2018 at 10:27 AM, Tasso said:

If charge made for advertising fees or membership, gst must be charged and 1/11th of revenue from members would need to be handed over to the tax office.  

I do believe that is quite obvious. Just like the donations received currently.

As we are not a not-for-profit, we declare the donations and pay GST on them.

Admin

In any case, the majority of members wish for no change.

I do believe that is quite obvious. Just like the donations received currently.
As we are not a not-for-profit, we declare the donations and pay GST on them.

I had a lapse when i posted that I think .

In any case, the majority of members wish for no change.

I am for anything that will strengthen the forum. If fee for service won't do it, so be it.

However, I think having the classifieds broken down into component categories such as Amplifiers, Analog , Digital , speakers etc will greatly enhance the usability and popularity of the service. It will quickly allow those looking for a particular component to find it rather than looking through a random list, refreshing pages etc

Well I for one am a newby but spend a lot of time on the site trying to soak up whatever knowledge I can

Also check the classifieds religiously and not sure if it is so or happens regularly, but I have noticed an awful lot of gear for sale of late from members with less than 10-15 posts?

To me it seems some use it as a good way  to sell gear with zero fees

Maybe 100 posts minimum to use the classified section? That should get rid of a lot of tyre kickers/fly by nighters

On ‎6‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 5:11 PM, swervyn said:

Well I for one am a newby but spend a lot of time on the site trying to soak up whatever knowledge I can

Also check the classifieds religiously and not sure if it is so or happens regularly, but I have noticed an awful lot of gear for sale of late from members with less than 10-15 posts?

To me it seems some use it as a good way  to sell gear with zero fees

Maybe 100 posts minimum to use the classified section? That should get rid of a lot of tyre kickers/fly by nighters

...unless it's good gear and something we want...  ;)

29 minutes ago, Kaynin said:

...unless it's good gear and something we want...  ;)

Very good point

I've sold a lot of stuff on here in the last 12 months and bought twice as much for myself in the 2 years previous to that.  It's simple - I love trying stuff.

A lot of the items I have sold have been for audio buddies that just can't string two words together and for my treasured mate Russ (Krusty) who is with us no more and asked me to look out for vultures so his wife would not get ripped off.

After every item sells, and nearly all of them do, I donate every single time.

For my donations, the Hensa model is spot on what I use.  It's dirt cheap!!!

I love the Classifieds!  And I like that I can mostly trust the sellers to be honest.  And the Buyers too!

It's a great Community. 

God knows I have no savings since I discovered the Classifieds, but it's my drug of choice.

And some pretty good items turn up that are suddenly attainable to someone like me that just makes OK wages. Just yesterday I snagged the DAC I have been lusting over for four years.

I'm not too sure how I am going to pay for it, - hang on - I might put some more of my audio treasures and trinkets in the Classifieds...

I say lets keep it like it is.  However, if you become aware a seller is freeloading - tell them to stump up or get lost!

Posted (edited)

Some thoughts-

I only buy things for my system. Sometimes I know it's what I want. Sometimes it's to try. Sometimes it's for the long term and a deal to good to miss comes along. In any case the item gets sold for what I paid for it from SNA. Profit to me =nil. Assuming the seller I bought from and myself pay a donation then the only person getting paid is SNA. That's fine. I appreciate funds going to keep it alive. 

BUT, many a time I have sold things for purely an SNA donation. If this was listed then it would look as though I sold something with no donation from myself. I have a sale like this at the moment. 

In the last month I sold three items and didn't donate but the whole fourth item will go as a donation to SNA. Not everything members read into it is how it is. 

Just my two cents. 

I'd rather everyone pay a small monthly amount as a member. 

What does irk me is when I have seen multiple mods view my ad but it sits unnaproved for hours while other ads get approved ahead with no explanation. 

Yes @joz :na:

Screenshot_20180315-151121.jpg

Edited by Jakeyb77

Admin
20 minutes ago, Jakeyb77 said:

What does irk me is when I have seen multiple mods view my ad but it sits unnaproved for hours while other ads get approved ahead with no explanation. 

I know that when out and about, viewing ads from a mobile does not display all the information we as mods like to check before approving ads.

So unless I personally know the seller, the ad seems straightforward, or another reason it may sit there until another mod checks it or I do from a computer.

Other ads might go right through and be approved in minutes. In 90% of cases though, ads are approved within 1 hour and sometimes far less.

4 minutes ago, Marc said:

I know that when out and about, viewing ads from a mobile does not display all the information we as mods like to check before approving ads.

So unless I personally know the seller, the ad seems straightforward, or another reason it may sit there until another mod checks it or I do from a computer.

Other ads might go right through and be approved in minutes. In 90% of cases though, ads are approved within 1 hour and sometimes far less.

Tongue in cheek poke Marc. I was stirring Joz. Appreciate all the mods work. ;)

Admin

Plus, @joz has told us not to approve your ads right away.

13 minutes ago, Marc said:

Plus, @joz has told us not to approve your ads right away.

That's probably a good business model

59 minutes ago, Jakeyb77 said:

Some thoughts-

I only buy things for my system. Sometimes I know it's what I want. Sometimes it's to try. Sometimes it's for the long term and a deal to good to miss comes along. In any case the item gets sold for what I paid for it from SNA. Profit to me =nil. Assuming the seller I bought from and myself pay a donation then the only person getting paid is SNA. That's fine. I appreciate funds going to keep it alive. 

BUT, many a time I have sold things for purely an SNA donation. If this was listed then it would look as though I sold something with no donation from myself. I have a sale like this at the moment. 

In the last month I sold three items and didn't donate but the whole fourth item will go as a donation to SNA. Not everything members read into it is how it is. 

Just my two cents. 

I'd rather everyone pay a small monthly amount as a member. 

Yes @joz :na:

Screenshot_20180315-151121.jpg

Oh yea , this one.

Marc said just ignore it.

But really sorry  I was killing time while parked on my phone and then a ph call came through and lost the chance to get back to it.