Sign in to follow this  
law18

Connecting Dynaudio Excite X14A

Hi all, 

I recently purchased a pair of Dynaudio Excite X14A's in Rosewood to downsize my system that included a pair of passive Dynaudio Excite X12. I have gone digital and sold everything from my old system aside from my SVS subwoofer that I am using in conjunction with the X14A's, though to be honest they don't really need it in many scenarios. 

Anyway, I have a 2017 MacBook Pro that I will be using as my source/transport depending on the solution that I/you guys come up with, I have FLAC files etc on the MacBook and am currently using the headphone output for the speakers, however this isn't a long term solution, whenever I take the laptop someplace I have to unplug the speakers which means having to turn them off to ensure I don't damage them, they have an auto standby function, however I do not want to rely on this. They are also being run through the subwoofers line in and out so that all the speakers get the signal. 

I am looking at some sort of pre amp, preferably with a DAC, to connect the X14A's and the subwoofer (if I so choose to use it) that has a power switch at the front, looking for options preferably less than $1000, whether second hand or new is not a concern. Would much prefer something that has a physical volume, this is for a desktop system. 

Hopefully my description wasn't too convoluted. 

Thanks in advance guys.  

Check out Yamaha WXC-50 pre-amplifier. Should do what you want, has a small footprint and costs $400-500.