Beautiful machine.

Does the arm mechanism make any noise either going across back n forth or up/down?

Reason for the question is that there was a high pitched sound on your video - could not tell if it is outside noise or arm mechanism noise.

All the functions work perfectly?

Do you have the pioneer alignment/overhang  guage?

Cheers

6 minutes ago, mitchlim said:

Is there any limitation on cartridge replacement, eg can I replace it with ortofon black mounted on SME headshell ? 

the manual says height adjustment is +- 3mm.   but, what height is zero?    I would think the black would be OK?.

I can not see why you couldnt use the black.  As you can see I have replaced the cart with a technics 205 mk3 and that sounds wonderful. I doubt the Ortfon black would be any improvement over the Technics.

I also had the Shure V15 on there and a Audio Technica Art 9 MC. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
Sorry been busy for the holiday, last question - how to adjust the overhang, does it come with the overhang gauage ?

On the integrated headshell/Technics 205, there is a screw on the side of the headshell. Loosening this screw allows you to adjust overhang by sliding the front part of the headshell back or forward. You can’t adjust the offset angle of this cartridge.

13 hours ago, thesnodger said:

Thanks Hensa. Got there before me.

I don't have the overhang gauge to measure this but I have seen them come up quite frequently on ebay.

How important is overhang on a LT though? Anyone have any opinions?

Doesn't the headshell have markings along the side where the overhang is adjusted which tell you exactly what overhang you're setting?