Sign in to follow this  
Max Headroom

SOLD: FS: Musical Fidelity A1 Class A Amplifier

Item: Musical Fidelity A1 Class A Amplifier
Price: $500
Item Condition: Excellent
Reason for selling: NLR
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only

Extra Info: Yes this is a Musical Fidelity A1... no not the groundbreaking, but unreliable version from the 80's. This is the re-release from about 10 years ago. Still 'Class A'. Still sweet. No longer unreliable. No volume pots to turn crackly after a few years, no excessive and unbearable heat... yes I did have MF amps from that early period, and I had a love/hate relationship with them. This amp is an updated version of that clssic but unreliable original, but this amp is all about love...

When I listen to the A1, I am completely blown away by it. It has a sweet sound which seems to make everything sound great. Whilst listening to the A1, its ability to project and create musical illusion is so strong that I get carried away with the music.

This would be terrific for someone who is setting up a system in a smaller lounge, study or for a second system - alternatively use with very efficient speakers. The Phono stage is a corker - absolutely flattering of everything you play through it. The DAC - eh ok if you're desperate. Otherwise everything about this amp make it a terrific little amp. Its in LIKE NEW condition, comes with remote and instructions.

Pictures:

one.JPG

two.JPG

three.JPG

four.JPG

five.JPG

six.JPG

seven.JPG

PC060033.JPG

I'd be all over this if I can sell my Cambridge Audio 651A

I was only put off the old one because of reliability, a mate had one which he shared with a local tech, it sounded great..... sometimes :)

Unfortunately no original box and packaging, but I can pack safely and send interstate. I've had plenty of success packing and sending gear.

Very Trustworthy seller. Whatever I bought from him was pristine condition. Buy with Confidence. GLWS  :) 

Damn

I've got the Marantz version of the original one. PM4. Still running strong.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By MachineMastering
      Item: Musical Fidelity M 8 Balanced Pre Amplifier
      Price: 2500
      Item Condition:Very good condition come remote but not boxed 
      Reason for selling:System change 
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, 
      Extra Info: Good pre “smooth” presentation and Mm Mc stages options 

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

• By thejt
      Item: Shanling MC-30 Music Centre (Valves)
      Price: $625 or $650 with Logitech Harmony 650 universal remote
      Reason for selling: Too much gear
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Shipped - Direct Deposit
      Extra Info:

I am the second owner of this locally delivered 240V unit and I am sure I will regret selling this later. Ask anyone who has ever come across one of these and they will back me up with how they were blown away by this little unit. The build quality is excellent, thick aluminium body and heavy transformers. The design is well thought out with the feet all featuring levelling. The sound it makes is lush and although it seems like it would not create a generous amount of sound at 3W (Class A) I can fill a lounge room with gorgeous sound without even going half way on the dial. This is without even using easy to drive speakers, I had used Quad 11L and Dynaudio Contour 1.32E which are both only about 86dB. It has a pre-out should you want more power, but I tried using a Quad 909 and preferred it direct. The unit actually provided more bass on its own. Feature wise, CD player, FM and AM radio, 3.5mm input and RCA input which should cover everything you could want. 

The original owner lost the remote but the unit can be operated from the controls on the device itself. Volume adjustment is a bit of a chore like that though so I picked up a Logitech universal unit which I can include for an extra $25 (cost $70). A common issue with many Shanling CD players is the occasion pause during cd playback but this is occurs only very occasionally and lasts about 1 - 2 seconds before resuming. The MC-30 has been otherwise faultless. I have the original double box so can ship at buyers risk if desired but note it is fairly heavy. Great chance to get into valves or Class A amplification without too much outlay. Questions welcome and I will try to answer best I can. Donation on sale to SNA. Please look at all the glowey bits in the pictures!

Praise:

https://www.stereophile.com/integratedamps/308shan/index.html

http://www.charismaaudio.com/products/shanling/mc30.htm

• By Highpower
      Item: Denon PMA-880R Class A Integrated Amplifier
      Price: $300 
      Reason for selling: Accumulated too much hifi gear and about to move to a new house
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, COD Only
      Extra Info: This Denon PMA-880R Optical Class A Integrated Amplifier complete with RC-156 remote control and Operating Instructions is in mint condition. This amplifier was made in Japan in 1993.  Amps made by Denon in this era were considered to be the best amps that Denon ever made. These amps hardly ever come up for sale.

I have owned this amplifier from new and it has been very well looked after. The amplifier and remote control still look brand new and are unmarked. It's whole life has been in a cabinet behind a glass door, which is why it still looks brand new.

This Class A integrated amplifier has a very clean, detailed and powerful output that is impressive for both analogue and digital sources. There are no crackles or hums present and it performs just as well as the day I purchased it.

The PMA-880R has a solid power supply that uses a shielded toroidal transformer, and a pair of large 12,000uF capacitors for voltage smoothing and a very substantial heat sink. It features a source direct switch for tone controls bypass and optical connection between amplifier stages for detailed sound. Speakers can be connected via A, B, A B front switching. The speaker binding posts accommodate bare wires or banana plugs. The power rating is 2 x 75W RMS at 8 ohms or 2 x 120W at 4 ohms. The Denon PMA-880R uses an Optical class A circuit design for optimum sound quality. Source Direct can be used to bypass tone controls. The Denon PMA-880R accommodates both MM moving magnet and MC moving coil Phono options via front switching.

The Denon PMA-880R has the following RCA inputs: Phono, CD, Tuner, Aux, DAT/Tape-1, DAT/Tape-2. The amp also has a Record Out Selector a headphone jack, and a loudness button.

The specifications are as follows:

Power output: 75 watts per channel into 8Ω (stereo)
      Frequency response: 20Hz to 20kHz
      Total harmonic distortion: 0.02%
      Input sensitivity: 0.2mV (MC), 2.5mV (MM), 150mV (line)
      Signal to noise ratio: 76dB (MC), 94dB (MM), 110dB (line)
      Output: 150mV (line)
      Dimensions: 434 x 160 x 353mm
      Weight: 8.2kg
      Accessories: RC-156 remote control

• By pdcoo7
      Item: MF E10 integrated amp
      Price: 250
      Item Condition: used
      Reason for selling: NLR
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal +3% or as friend, COD Only
      Extra Info:  This E10 is in excellent condition and is as clean as whistle inside and out.
      Willing to post but will  preference local buyer.

• By Antran
      Item: Musical Fidelity A3CR Dual mono amp
      Price: $900
      Item Condition:8/10
      Reason for selling: surplus
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
      Extra Info:bought it new back in the day.. No box. Perfect local pick up if want can delivery within Melbourne metro.. Can demo if wanted..