Power Cable for Krell KSA

Hi @Qwertyqaz

I'm not sure what you mean.  I don't know what model Krell KSA you have but I looked at pictures online and the backs of the amplifiers and they seem to have lots of space.

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=krell+ksa+amp+pictures&rlz=1C1CHXU_enAU645AU645&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=j5bMlHU0bTtaDM%3A%2CXagjeqaQdt2vnM%2C_&usg=__863Yk9Uwi36QG5xad6urOYf122s%3D&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjQ5Mu_sPnXAhULVrwKHf8-BeMQ9QEILDAC#imgrc=s2LVctrgiB017M:

Are you saying that you don't have much room behind your amplifier for stiff/thick cables and you'd like ideas for more flexible cables?  IsoTek cables are pretty flexible - even their 'high end' models.

If you want more flexibility then you could consider Crystal Cables or Kimber Summit or Ascent Series(but even they might be too stiff). 

As long as the amplifiers are away from other components or walls it doesn't seem like they should be a problem.  I cannot see why there would be an issue plugging in a large IEC plug like a Furutech/IsoTek etc in to the IEC socket on the backplate of the amplifier.

Edited by frankn
Error

Hey Quertyqaz, I’ve owned KSA 100sand 300s the best solution is a dedicated 20amp line and plug it straight into to wall no conditioning. For inner connects use Nordost XLR simply stunning with Krell, these are superb amps.

joe.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 44maloo said:

Hey Quertyqaz, I’ve owned KSA 100sand 300s the best solution is a dedicated 20amp line and plug it straight into to wall no conditioning. For inner connects use Nordost XLR simply stunning with Krell, these are superb amps.

joe.

What do the electricians charge for a dedicated 20 amp line ?

About 10 mts.

5 hours ago, Qwertyqaz said:

Its not cable, the socket does not fit the KSA200S

This looks like a standard IEC socket, what plug are you trying to shove in there that doesn't fit?

Cheers George

493079-krell_ksa_200s_vintage_solid_stat

Edited by georgehifi
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, georgehifi said:

2 pin ones are for double insulated products that don't need an earth.

Cheers George

So it may be.  when you get the wrong one in the wrong place they won't plug together.  Obviously for a reason.  Just a heads up. 

1 minute ago, eman said:

when you get the wrong one in the wrong place

I've never ever seen a power cord with a male IEC on the end, as that would be lethal if the other end is plugged into the power point!!!

Cheers George

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, georgehifi said:

I've never ever seen a power cord with a male IEC on the end, as that would be lethal if the other end is plugged into the power point!!!

Cheers George

Ok. ...

Maybe there isn't one. 

3 hours ago, Qwertyqaz said:

What do the electricians charge for a dedicated 20 amp line ?

About 10 mts.

You would have too get a quote, worthy shopping around. Patrick Bresnan of Krell advised me to do this, Krell amp especially KSA are very sensitive to voltage swings as they have a microprocessor in the front of them so make sure you keep an eye on this.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, georgehifi said:

Qwertyqaz

You say this does not fit the Krell? If so, I don't think your trying hard enough.

Cheers George

Isotek Evo 3 power cord.

premier_us_3-pin_to_c15_iec__20x25cm__30

As I ask you before Qwertyqaz, is this your Isotek Evo 3 and the same IEC plug?

If it is, this type of grey IEC plug is usually a softer material than the black ones, and it will go into the Krell's IEC socket, but they need a little wiggling and pushing to get them in.  

Cheers George

Edited by georgehifi

15 minutes ago, georgehifi said:

As I ask you before Qwertyqaz, is this your Isotek Evo 3 and the same IEC plug?

If it is, this type of grey IEC plug is usually a softer material than the black ones, and it will go into the Krell's IEC socket, but they need a little wiggling and pushing to get them in.  

Cheers George

I will give it another try but the part where the soft goes in the Kev socket is not long enough.

3 hours ago, Qwertyqaz said:

but the part where the soft goes in the Kev socket is not long enough.

Should be, as all IEC plugs and sockets are made to "IEC Standards"

Unless Isotek has flaunted those standards, (I doubt that they could get into big trouble). If so you may have to get a sharp hobby knife and trim that ring off so it goes deeper.

Cheers George

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/9/2017 at 9:46 AM, georgehifi said:

Should be, as all IEC plugs and sockets are made to "IEC Standards"

Unless Isotek has flaunted those standards, (I doubt that they could get into big trouble). If so you may have to get a sharp hobby knife and trim that ring off so it goes deeper.

Cheers George

I so don't want to cut a nicely built cable.

There any more manufacturers that build a decent cable but without the huge IEC socket.

12 minutes ago, Qwertyqaz said:

I so don't want to cut a nicely built cable.

There any more manufacturers that build a decent cable but without the huge IEC socket.

This one comes from an ISO9000 accredited supplier (doesn't get any better):

https://au.rs-online.com/web/p/power-cable-assemblies/0321174/

• Like 2

On ‎8‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 8:18 PM, georgehifi said:

Isotek Evo 3 power cord.

premier_us_3-pin_to_c15_iec__20x25cm__30

Is the small dip at the top of the cable just to make it look different or could this be affecting plugging it into the amp? :blink:

0003458_328.jpeg

I know it's probably not, but it almost looks like a C15 cable;

0003532_328.jpeg

JSmith :ninja:

24 minutes ago, JSmith said:

Is the small dip at the top of the cable just to make it look different or could this be affecting plugging it into the amp? :blink:

0003458_328.jpeg

I know it's probably not, but it almost looks like a C15 cable;

0003532_328.jpeg

JSmith :ninja:

Probably need an IEC adapter because the one in Isotek does not fit without cutting the pvc.