Myvinylweighsatonne

Brisbane Record Fair this Sunday 10/12/17

Item: Brisbane East Record Fair
Thorneside Community Hall , 188-192 Mooroondu Road, Thorneside.
Price:  Gold coin entry
Item Condition: NM
Reason for selling: too many records
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
Extra Info:

The last Brisbane record fair of the year, but this is different...

- 100 crates of quality records. All styles of music everything from Abba to Zappa.

- over 100 crates of Lp records for $5 each or 3 for $10. Butter Beats Record Store shut our Valley store and we are having a massive sell off.

- Plenty of parking.

- CDs, Records, magazines, 45s,

- Thorneside Community Hall , 188-192 Mooroondu Road, Thorneside.

- Sunday starting at 9am, finishes 2pm.

- Eftpos Available.

Pictures:

$_20.JPG

To avoid any confusion with people turning up at the wrong venue on the wrong day at the wrong time, the (long running, second Saturday of every month) Brisbane Record Fair is on again this Saturday starting at 8.30 at the Rumpus Room & Boundary Hotel West End  https://www.facebook.com/BrisbaneRecordFair/

Good luck with your sale, though with that stock at those prices you probably won't need luck!

I hope and expect record collectors to turn up to both Rics "CD and Record Fair" at West End Fair on Saturday and my "Record Fair"  on Sunday. (Little or no CDs being sold on Sunday).

I am politely sure that the members of Stereo net forum have great comprehension skills and will not confuse the suburbs of West End with Thorneside, nor Saturday with Sunday.  I have great faith in educated humans.

I believe more Stereonet forum members should leave their caves/ labs and go to all the record fairs they can. Its fun to see like minded people in the little of day... very few of us have hunchbacks.... its enlightening... unlike the almost anonymous contact of a forum... (I do enjoy my vintage motorcycle forums though.. so much insightful help fixing mechanical problems...).. after 20 years of owning Butter Beats Record Stores and running record fairs I so rarely run into "Audiophiles" that frequent this forum at Record Fairs.

I have sold previously at Rics Fairs and particularly enjoy the fair he and Baz from Egg Records put on at Glebe... probably the best record fair in Australia.  The fair Ric did with the help of the Queensland Museum at Southbank was another legendary good time for both collectors and dealers.

To clarify for those enquiring minds the name "Brisbane Record Fair" and "Gold Coast Record Fair" is recorded with the relevant Queensland Government department as a registered trade names of Jason Dax Woodward sole owner of Butter Beats Record Stores Brisbane. Who also previously did a number of "record fairs" in West End before this current monthly CD and Record market.

Peace, love and respect to all see you on Saturday and Sunday.

Jason Dax Woodward

MFA, Churchill Fellow

Butter Beats Record Store

1/21 Davenport St, Southport QLD 4215

Upstairs,545 Old Cleveland Road, Camp Hill.

New Brisbane store opening mid January, Catherdral Place, Wickham Street, Fortitude Valley.

Edited by Myvinylweighsatonne
clarity

I went to the previous record fair at Strathpine ... mostly vinyl for sale as you expect but I did pick up some choice vintage CDs quite cheaply. Still wondering why I passed up a Killing Joke - Brighter Than A Thousand Suns LP for $5 :blush:

I'll be heading out to the beach that day so sadly won't see any of the SNA crowd there.

--Geoff

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Myvinylweighsatonne
      Item: 200 crates of records, all genres of music
      Price: 5
      Item Condition: varied
      Reason for selling: hoarders regret....
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
      Extra Info:
       This is a fun locals record fair where the good folks of Pine Rivers come together for a love for recorded music, primarily in the vinyl format. We will have all types of music for sale - everything from Abba to Zappa. Everyone welcome!!
      A dozen local people bringing their own collections as well as local dealers, vinyl hoarders, come to buy sell trade records and CDs.
      - over 200 crates of records for sale.
      - tables still available for locals who want to sell their own records.

Where: Bray Hall, Cooke Street, Petrie
      When: 9am 11/11/17

- more info call Jason 0424371720
      - Gold coin donation for entry.
      Pictures:

• By rockpig
      Kish-Kash Entertainment on eBay are taking payments for items they DO NOT HAVE IN STOCK.
      I ordered a Neil Young LP Hitchhiker 16/9/2017 and it was marked as shipped on 18/9/2017.
      I did note on the listing this statement....

This is a preorder for a new release Vinyl that is not yet released.
      The release date for this item is 08-09-17.
      This item will be shipped from our Melbourne Warehouse within 5 days of the release date
      http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/401398933144?_trksid=p3692.m570.l5999&_trkparms=gh1g%3DI401398933144.N36.S1.R1.TR2

So that statement would mean they would have stock by 14/9/2017 and I placed my order after that date.
      By 3/10/2017 I still had not received the order.
      When I enquired the seller replied....

kishkash-entertainment:
      Hi that is not correct info sorry
      this is a pre order and the release date has been delayed im sorry
      so we are still waiting for the vinyls to arrive from the USA
      did you not get our email about the delay?  
      I had not received any email about the delay.
      I checked the listing and it had been amended after my purchase but still stated the same thing about release date 08-09-17 and being shipped 5 days after that.
      So this guy is selling records that he does not have yet and knows delivery of stock is delayed and has no ETA on stock arrival.
      2 purchases had been made before mine and another 2 have been made after mine.
      I wrote back to him and CONFIRMED I was aware of the pre-order statement on the listing and by the way it read it indicated that when I made the purchase he had stock in Australia.

Anyway, why mark the item as SENT when he did not even have stock in the first place? Because he is a liar.

I did an eBay Item Not received refund request and a day later he refunded my money.
      Because this ****** bag was still falsely advertising like he actually had stock in Australia I left negative feedback in the limited space eBay allow.
      He responded with more lies - see image below.
      Karma will get this guy.

I would have normally ordered this from Amazon USA but they had sold out.
      But to my delight I discovered Amazon UK, which did have stock and got it cheaper too!

• By Marc

Thousands of Records, Turntables Galore and The Best Of The World’s Music Replay Equipment in One Place, across three great days, Friday 3rd through Sunday 5th November, 2017.

View the full article
    • By CJDJ
      Item: Jazz LP’s and some blues. Pics of all below. Cleaned with Okki Nokki vacuum machine. See full List with condition and prices at Dropbox link below. Sensibly priced.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5mpkewnr12otjge/LPs Jazz Aug 2017.xlsx?dl=0  
      Items marked in RED = SOLD

Condition: Graded to Goldmine/Record Collector guides. Cleaned with Okki Nokki vacuum machine.

Price: As per list at Dropbox. https://www.dropbox.com/s/5mpkewnr12otjge/LPs Jazz Aug 2017.xlsx?dl=0

Reason for selling: Downsizing collection.

Payment Method: Pay on pick-up, Cash, Paypal.

Extra Info: Postage for single LP $9.00. Multiple LPs up to 5kg is $15 to QLD, NSW, VIC, other States just ask.

Pictures:

• By Jay Sunken
      Hi,

New to the forum../ Simple question..

Is there such thing as an All-in-one system? I'm after a mid to large sized system that can play/has - Vinyl / CD's / USB / Bluetooth / 3.5mm output jack.

Have found a couple small hifi systems on eBay but these have built in speakers with low wattage.

Would prefer cabled speakers, preferable setup (1sub - 4/6 speakers) like a home theatre, but no necessary.

Appreciate any links if such a thing exists. Am hoping to spend no more than $1000 ish.

Cheers in advance