Ahve DAT audio tapes and dd1 and dds2 Dat droves for my Mac" how to get audio off the tapes?

Im involved in a major 1970-90 original audio recording effort. Quite a few recordings are on DAT tapes... (no im not certain it was ADAT) and I have now got scsi dds1 and dds2 DAT drives for macs(systems 7,9 and 10 all seem to 'see' them.

Im nixed as to what to do nest! bright ideas warmly welcomed!

• Like 1

Two different formats.  It was over 40 years ago that I used these bits, but from memory we would record onto a DAT audio recorder in .wav format, but I used the DAT drives for my computer backup.  They could see but not read the files.  You need a DAT audio recorder/player. 

6 hours ago, shogun2 said:

Two different formats.  It was over 40 years ago that I used these bits, but from memory we would record onto a DAT audio recorder in .wav format, but I used the DAT drives for my computer backup.  They could see but not read the files.  You need a DAT audio recorder/player. 

Well, DAT didn't exist 40 years ago, but anyway...  :aww:

Yes a computer backup DAT drive will 'see' the tape but cannot read the digital audio stream.  Best bet would be to play them on a audio DAT player / recorder either into a computer or a CD recorder and keep it all in the digital domain.  I have a DAT and a CD recorder but not much time to help.  WHere in Melbourne are you located?

Well, DAT didn't exist 40 years ago, but anyway...  :aww:

Yes a computer backup DAT drive will 'see' the tape but cannot read the digital audio stream.  Best bet would be to play them on a audio DAT player / recorder either into a computer or a CD recorder and keep it all in the digital domain.  I have a DAT and a CD recorder but not much time to help.  WHere in Melbourne are you located?
You're right. It was probably 25 years ago.