DSpeaker Anti-Mode 8033 Subwoofer Equalizer Operation

I have a simple question. When I operate the Anti-Mode 8033's automatic modes of room and subwoofer correction linked to the subwoofer and the microphone (doing a scan and equalisation), how far down do I turn the sub volume, and the music playing?

The Manual says emphatically to turn the sub down a lot--because apparently the sounds can blast you out of the room otherwise. But they don't say what level you might need...and there is nothing in the Manual about having music playing as well.

I have assumed that both should be turned down completely but it has now occurred to me that the microphone then won't have sounds to 'work with'.  The effect has certainly been lukewarm to date...

Elementary question , I know--to the more logical and electrically informed on the SNA Forum, perhaps.

But I don't know! Do you?

Shouldn't be any music playing, it's just a sweeping subwoofer test tone. It starts of low but then will get louder and louder. My manual on the 8033 cinema mode says the volume should be about 2 notches below halfway from memory.