FS: Relisted (Perth) Audiolab 8000Q, preamplifier, excellent condition , FREE POSTAGE

Item: Audiolab 8000Q, preamplifier, excellent condition , FREE POSTAGE

Price: $450
Item Condition: Excellent
Reason for selling: NLR
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only (add 3% if paying via PayPal)
Extra Info: 

FREE POSTAGE for metro areas,  $30 for country...

Great sound, can be used as quality headphone amplifier as well...

I don't have the original box but it will be packed properly for safe transport . No moving parts inside (ss) so it should be safe to post.

Happy to demo for local buyers...If sold, $10 will be donated to StereoNet.

Pictures:

IMAG0849-20170923-194054194.jpg

IMAG0851-20170923-194040692.jpg

audiolab-8000q-1.thumb.JPG.152374898a394b69567af3ac891b420c.JPG

audiolab-8000q-6.thumb.JPG.b4fca11d5481e9588d2e7209e0079aa1.JPG

audiolab-8000q-5.thumb.JPG.6bd3c6cf32b7b86d21116b644ed354d2.JPG

audiolab-8000q-4.thumb.JPG.316f2d73fbf4cab02cb644c22cef9b33.JPG

audiolab-8000q-3.thumb.JPG.7010b2e8988ddb70c6f0b0486fa48e37.JPG

audiolab-8000q-2.thumb.JPG.6c14f69c9d8a78197fe00700d5a51f35.JPG

Edited by MAXXX
New photos
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By ChilledStrings
      Item Condition: Very Good Shipping Options: Shipping is included in price. Suburb or Town: Melbourne State: VIC Payment Method: Paypal, EFT Reason for selling: NLR Musical Fidelity V-Link USB-SPDIF Converter (Version 1)
       Standard shipping cost included in price

• By ChilledStrings
      Item Condition: Excellent Shipping Options: Shipping is included in price. Suburb or Town: Melbourne State: VIC Payment Method: Paypal, EFT Reason for selling: NLR Atlas Hyper Digital Coaxial Cable ( 1 Meter)

• By srms
      Item Condition: Very Good Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Mudgegonga State: VIC Payment Method: Paypal + Fee, EFT, Cash Reason for selling: No longer required (Consolidation) Further information: 
       Reluctantly for sale in my Aesthetix Janus (Signature) valve preamp Janus  

A bit of history. I purchased this from an SNA'r in QLD a few years back and was pretty happy with the sound (first valve pre I have owned) anyway sometime later it failed. I took off the lid and discovered what looked like home made mods to the circuit (an add on board with a few electronics fitted) So I took pictures and emailed them to Aesthetix asking if they were factory modifications. The answer of course, was no!

I was directed to contact absolute hi end who were the agents. So the result was the unit being shipped back to the USA to Aesthetix for a repair quote. Basically the cost to carry out repairs to bring the unit back to the standard level Janus made the amp not worth repairing.
      I was given the option of upgrading it to the Signature (mid level of the model range) for around $4K AUD + freight + the cost of a new genuine shipping box. After a lot of deliberation I decided to have the upgrade done which replaced most of the internal components and a new set of valves. (I have a copy of the receipt for the upgrade and most likely can get all the details from Aesthetix, their support is top notch) 

The amp has preformed flawlessly since it's return 3 years ago and has driven both Ayre MX-R mono blocks and until last week my Krell FPB600 power amp (now sold) 

I am in the process of reducing my collection of equipment to have just one system based on a good integrated amp / dac / turntable / streamer.  I would love to keep the Janus in the off chance that I get another power amp in the future but as that is pretty unlikely, it is best it finds a new home. The one issue is the remote is crappy, it works but is fussy about where you aim it at the amp, I have put up with it but it could do with replacing or using a harmony ect. 

What I found really nice about using a valve pre it adds a certain sweetness to the system when using solid state amps. (I have not owned tube power amps) There are one or two spare sets of tubes (all standard) and you can tube roll these to some amps effect. (I have a link to capacitor upgrades) 

I have shown the couple of imperfections on the panel and the case in the photos for reference.

I can arrange shipping from Albury or if you are in Melbourne I will be dropping off gear this Thursday (7th) so I could deliver it (post payment) 

Plenty of reviews on the net. I have no idea what the phono stage sounds like as I have a seperate phono amp and play about one record a year (too much fuss!) 

Review

Photos:

• By ChilledStrings
      Item Condition: Excellent Shipping Options: Shipping is included in price. Suburb or Town: Melbourne State: VIC Payment Method: Paypal, EFT Reason for selling: NLR Wireworld Equinox 8 Analog RCA Cables (1 Meter pair)

• By Mono Stereo
      Item Condition: New Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available. Suburb or Town: SE Suburbs State: VIC Payment Method: EFT, Cash Reason for selling: Surplus to requirements Further information:

Brand new, bought few years ago but never installed. Retails A$590 currently. Can upgrade to 2M Black stylus. Excellent reviews on Stereophile etc.
      Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved You understand that a reasonable donation for selling fees is expected upon successful sale of your item