caminperth

Show us your Ride

On 21/11/2018 at 9:43 AM, Juicester said:

Is having an E-bike in the world of mountain biking pretty standard? All the road warriors I know pay out people who ride e bikes on the road. For my 2 cents, anything that gets you into the great outdoors has to be a good thing. The only edit I would make to that, is if there is an e-bike rider acting like they are the KOM when, if you removed the motor, they'd barely get up half the climb..  ;)

starting to see more, maybe 2 or 3 on a weekend ride over a few hour . i'm 50:50 on the idea. good for getting people out who wouldn't otherwise pursue the hobby or health concerns get in their way. like my dad who only does 15-20min with us before turning back these days. 

I think technically there are illegal some forestries as they fall under motorised cycles, ie motorbikes.

I'm worried about what they will do to trail conditions as numbers grow. e-riders are going to be attracted to trail spots with more extreme elevation - you would hope so... but that extra weight coming down technical runs and to a degree that torque going up tricky trails will place more stress on trails. Enthusiastic rookies skidding the rear tyre into corners making brake bumps is bad enough as it is... 

I only really care about KOM coming down and e-bikes are no threat there :wink:

Admin
On 20/11/2018 at 10:27 PM, The Bluesman said:

IMG_1499.jpeg

IMG_1460.jpeg

I've joined your club @The Bluesman - took one for a demo and couldn't resist!

On 30/11/2018 at 12:30 PM, Marc said:

I've joined your club @The Bluesman - took one for a demo and couldn't resist!

What colour did you get? they are a fantastic bike and you will be on it all the time doing things you never thought possible, hey congratulations and welcome to club Merida 

Admin

Thanks. Was part of Team Merida already (first HT, and then top of the line current road bike.) though :)

I got the Green, which I am still awaiting. Though a shoulder/elbow injury thanks to a wonky ladder on the weekend might postpone the maiden voyage! :(

My Merida E160 900 is one year old tomorrow, glad I chose this bike and went the extra yards to get it, it has proven to be the most fun you can have on 2 wheels, well pushbikes as I'm a motorcyclist as well, 

Here it is out on it's very first ride out where it belongs, in the bush out on the tracks 

IMG_1291.jpeg