Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
Item: (Now sold) Simaudio Moon P5 Preamp (with remote)
Location: NE Victoria
Item Condition: Good
Reason for selling: Funds for repairs
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, EFT
Extra Info: Free delivery to Melbourne next week.
I have owned this preamp for the past 11 years (purchased S/H from A1 Audio) and it has run faultlessly.
A couple of years back I purchased a used Aesthetix Janus as I wanted to see how a valve preamp went in my system. I enjoyed the Janus and also it's flexibility of having all inputs both SE and balanced. Unfortunately, it became faulty (previously meddled with) and was sent back to the US for repair and upgrade which cost a bomb! So as much as I would like to keep the P5 as a backup (and second system preamp) I have to move it on to help pay for the upgrade of the Janus.
Strongly prefer not to ship the amp, as I don't have the original packing.
I have noticed the a small amount to the txt from the front of the premap is missing and there a a few fine marks on the top panel. The scratches on the top of the power supply as from the spikes on the premap. Also the LED on the power supply doesn't work (which seems to be a common problem with the P-5)
Link to P5 Manual
Pictures: Of the actual P-5 for sale.
Item: Simaudio 430HAD Headphone amplifier + DSD DAC
Location: Adelaide (Can ship Australia wide)
Price: 3400 (RRP $5800)
Item Condition: Mint
Reason for selling: Changing direction
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
One of the best headphone amplifier with in-built DAC available on the market. Lots of raving reviews online.
Can drive any headphones. Great all rounder headphone amp.
I've upgraded the stock fuses in the unit to the audiophile fuses which subsequently improve the overall sound quality.
Unit is in pristine condition and it comes with all original box and accessories.
Item: Simaudio Moon Supernova RS CD player / DAC
Price: $3300 ($10,000 RRP)
Item Condition: Excellent (minor fading on front font)
Reason for selling: Gears shuffling
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
This is the one of the top of the line CD player offered by Simaudio. Plenty of raving reviews online, I use it for CD player and also as a separate DAC from my media player (feed in from Oppo BD-105D).
It is exceptional sounding, very analogue. Chalk and cheese compared to the on board DAC offered by the Oppo. The Oppo 105 DAC was not listenable in comparison.
It was also significantly better than the NAD M51 DAC which ended up being used for my headphone setup.
This is very heavy player, I think it is around 15-20kg.
Currently just seeing if there are any interests as I need to see if I can come up with sufficient fund to reshuffle some gears around.
Note: This is the "RS" edition, which has improved parts than the normal edition.
The MOON SuperNova CD Player is a fully-balanced differential design, representing the next generation of high-performance audio components.
The SuperNova raises the bar on the CD Red Book digital standard, producing an astonishing level of sonic performance with no equal in its price range.
This achievement is the result of extensive R&D yielding new proprietary technologies, the use of the very finest electronic parts available and a powerful 24-bit/352.8kHz internal upsampling circuit.
Further raising the bar, the MOON SuperNova can be fully integrated into a custom-install environment via an RS-232 port. As well, a plethora of user selectable cosmetic options are available at the time of purchase.
SuperNova Technical Features
· Internal upsampling which uses 24-bit/352.8kHz processing
· Ultra high-perfromance 24-bit BurrBrown PCM1798 DAC/digital filter
· Alpha Clocking System with PLL synchronization yielding under 25 PPM of jitter
· Digital input for use as a digital-to-analog converter with a music server or external transport
· Fully balanced differential digital and analog circuitry in a dual-mono design
· Separate digital & analog power supplies using independent toroidal transformers
· Power supply voltage regulation includes i²DCf (Independent Inductive DC Filtering); There is one inductor
dedicated to each integrated circuit type component (DAC, Op-Amp, etc.) in the audio circuit's signal path;
20 stages in all
· A very short capacitor-free signal path using a DC servo circuit and proprietary 6dB/octave analog filter
· RS-232 port for (i) full unsolicited bidirectional feedback and (ii) firmware updates
· IR input for external control
· SimLink™ controller port for 2-way communications with other compatible MOON components
· 4-Layer printed circuit boards with pure copper tracings for a much shorter signal path;
This results in greater sonic accuracy and a dramatically improved signal-to-noise ratio
· Ultra rigid chassis construction to minimize the effects of external vibrations
· Accurate matching of the very finest quality electronic components in a symmetrical circuit design
· Includes FRM-2 remote control.
Attached photo of actual unit (except the last one, which is for reference of the back panel)