bleeding_ears

A system to thump me in the chest

Tannoy DC10TI floorstanders.Not cheap but dual 10inch drivers.The british reviewers loved them but American reviewers not rapt.Silly absolute sound plonked them in a tiny room and rubbished them as being bass heavy and boomy-stiffs.

I have heard these speakers produce some of the best quality bass I have heard in my lifetime.The midrange and highs are quite good as well.What I"am saying is they will whack you in the chest but the sound is definitely audiophile quality.Go straight to eastwood hifi,dural they have a demo pair at great price have a listen.I think the hifi world has forgotten what real bass sounds like with the tendency to create speakers with multiple drivers of a small size(room friendly and slim).At the end of the day you cant beat physics.A good big one will always beat a good little one-lol.No affiliation to any dealers btw.I want these speakers bad however my listening room is too small-wimper.

16 minutes ago, Elnido said:

Tannoy DC10TI floorstanders.Not cheap but dual 10inch drivers.The british reviewers loved them but American reviewers not rapt.Silly absolute sound plonked them in a tiny room and rubbished them as being bass heavy and boomy-stiffs.

I have heard these speakers produce some of the best quality bass I have heard in my lifetime.The midrange and highs are quite good as well.What I"am saying is they will whack you in the chest but the sound is definitely audiophile quality.Go straight to eastwood hifi,dural they have a demo pair at great price have a listen.I think the hifi world has forgotten what real bass sounds like with the tendency to create speakers with multiple drivers of a small size(room friendly and slim).At the end of the day you cant beat physics.A good big one will always beat a good little one-lol.No affiliation to any dealers btw.I want these speakers bad however my listening room is too small-wimper.

https://www.hifiexpress.com.au/collections/floor-standers/products/tannoy-definition-dc10ti-floorstander-high-gloss-walnut-pair

On ‎12‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 12:31 AM, Al.M said:

Was in the left column of their webpage $18k http://www.osbornloudspeakers.com.au/

web address says Vic, call them to see if there are dealers in NSW.

Matched with a big powerful intergrated amp like the Yamaha A-S3000 or something like used Musical Fidelity KW550 in gumtree for $4500 would be nice

E2CDC037-74CA-4EFF-BBD4-3D97ACD623E2.jpeg

The Yamaha A-S3000 is one of the amps I heard the C4's with and it was struggling to make the speakers sing.

12 minutes ago, Pim said:

The Yamaha A-S3000 is one of the amps I heard the C4's with and it was struggling to make the speakers sing.

10 amp or 20 amp circuit?

Just now, Wimbo said:

10 amp or 20 amp circuit?

It was at a dealer so I have no idea.

I was just wondering if anyone here knew of someone in QLD with JBL 4367. I would love to bring my amp around and a bottle of very good whisky to sample.

I'm considering taking the plunge but would love a chance to hear it with my amp before outlaying.

Al