I have a question for those who know more than me...

Apart from their power, what are the differences between the "Expert" line of amps and the "Expert Pro"

Edited by Sir Sanders Zingmore

Devialet’s Expert line of hybrid amplifiers has been revamped to Expert PRO level, and users can upgrade their older amps to the current specifications.

With the Expert PRO range, Devialet claims its engineers have “achieved the impossible” in the quest for absolute zero distortion.

The upgraded range offers “improved performance at all power levels.” Significant enhancements have been made in the ADH Intelligence, Magic Wire DAC, Class A and D amplifiers, power supply and thermal management sections. There are five new patents on the technology now.

What Devialet claims now are “explosive dynamics, absolute silence and complete transparency.”

Thanks. 

Out of interest has anyone tried Devialet amps with high- efficiency horns?

Edited by Sir Sanders Zingmore

26 minutes ago, Sir Sanders Zingmore said:

Thanks. 

Really:) going Class D yuck!

9 minutes ago, Qwertyqaz said:

Really:) going Class D yuck!

thanks

if someone has some actual experience of my question I'd welcome their input :thumb:

On 24/11/2017 at 11:21 PM, PicoWattson said:

explosive dynamics, absolute silence and complete transparency

Sounds like an argument  discussion with my girlfriend. If they had have included "defies logic" I would swear they had cameras in my house.

Edited by Michael Hope

On 26/11/2017 at 8:59 AM, Sir Sanders Zingmore said:

thanks

if someone has some actual experience of my question I'd welcome their input :thumb:

Haven't tried the Expert Pro but I have read varying reports. Some all positive some negative (in relation to comparing the Le Expert to the newer Pro).

There is meant to be more of a class-A sound signature to the Pro but I'd have to listen to one to confirm it that's true or not.

The Devialets are 'interesting'. 

I heard the Expert Pro 1000s a while back - it was a more relaxed more analogue sounding amplifier. I could crank the volume up more than on the 800 Experts on the same firmware.

On 26/11/2017 at 9:21 AM, Sir Sanders Zingmore said:

Thanks. 

There's a bloke on DevialetChat who owns horns. He's running a D1000 now but he started with the D-Premier, then 250, 500, 800, Original d' Atelier so he's heard them all. He'd be the one to ask.

10 minutes ago, Pim said:

There's a bloke on DevialetChat who owns horns. He's running a D1000 now but he started with the D-Premier, then 250, 500, 800, Original d' Atelier so he's heard them all. He'd be the one to ask.

this guy?

Image result for horns

Edited by scumbag

Don't know what he looks like but I'd be surprised this is the bloke.

4 minutes ago, Pim said:

Don't know what he looks like but I'd be surprised this is the bloke.

Well, you know, Devialet owners come in all sizes and shapes.

I thought all devialents were compact, shiny and had a big knob.

Boom boom.(well what do you expect post work early Xmas lunch. It had to be tacky). Worse still I plan to press..... Submit..

On 24/11/2017 at 11:51 PM, PicoWattson said:

Devialet’s Expert line of hybrid amplifiers has been revamped to Expert PRO level, and users can upgrade their older amps to the current specifications.

With the Expert PRO range, Devialet claims its engineers have “achieved the impossible” in the quest for absolute zero distortion.

The upgraded range offers “improved performance at all power levels.” Significant enhancements have been made in the ADH Intelligence, Magic Wire DAC, Class A and D amplifiers, power supply and thermal management sections. There are five new patents on the technology now.

What Devialet claims now are “explosive dynamics, absolute silence and complete transparency.”

For all of the claims of improvement I couldn't find a lot of users gushing about their upgrades - so the actual SQ differences might not be as large as marketed.

Edited by PKay