The next gen Active I-93 are in store now.

VAF

After some fantastic feedback after the first demonstration of the latest active version of the I-93MKII speakers at the Melbourne international HiFi show and sending them for a couple of private demo's they've finally landed back in our showrooms for audition.

Connected to the outstanding DEQX to control the cross over requirements and with three channels of amplification on board each speaker (600 watts in total!) they're sounding pretty darn good.

You can see the image below, standard passive version back plate next to the active one. In this instance we're running from the DEQX processor via balanced XLR cables to the internal amplification. 

We will release further information about these and the other active options we're finalising. Basically expect active versions of the current signature range, and upgrade options for existing owners. Thanks for all the support to date and we're looking forward to some really cool stuff for next year.

cheers and thanks again,

Simon and the VAF team.

Active I-93 in showroom.jpg

Active and passive backs.jpg

• Like 7

Hi Dave, we're still working on the exact combinations we will offer to make it as flexible for customers as possible.

In it's simplest form as a DIY, we're working on you being able to unbolt the cross over assembly, identify and label the individual cables, cut and connect to the active amplifier panel and bolt it back in place. Give me a call and we can talk in some more detail if you're interested.

Thanks and cheers for now,

Simon 

• Like 5

Guest VladimirFreddie

Thanks Simon,

Sounds very interesting indeed! I'm only around the corner so I will try to come in some time and have a chat.

Cheers

Dave

On 24/11/2017 at 10:52 AM, VAF said:

Hi Dave, we're still working on the exact combinations we will offer to make it as flexible for customers as possible.

In it's simplest form as a DIY, we're working on you being able to unbolt the cross over assembly, identify and label the individual cables, cut and connect to the active amplifier panel and bolt it back in place. Give me a call and we can talk in some more detail if you're interested.

Thanks and cheers for now,

Simon 

Keep me in mind as well please, Simon.

• 2 months later...