Sign in to follow this  
earlcole

WITHDRAWN OR RELISTED: Audiosound Laboratories Motet 8015 Floor Standing Speakers

Item: Audiosound Laboratories Motet 8015 Floor Standing Speakers
Price: 295
Item Condition: 8/10
Reason for selling: Too many speakers!
5a14efc236c11_Motet(3).thumb.jpg.a65f724aff95b8d8ce5202b388269fb3.jpg
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
Extra Info:

For sale is a pair of very hard to find and highly sought after Australian built ASL speakers that won an Australian Design Award in 1991. Because they are so honest, transparent and uncoloured they were the ABC's choice of studio monitor for several years. Jazz musician James Morrison only uses ASL monitors in his studio. They are a three-speaker, symmetrical two-way design with 18dB/Octave crossover and wide dispersion treble unit. They are 6 Ohm speakers rated at 10 – 130 watts RMS with a frequency response of 40 – 18kHz and 90 dB sensitivity. The drivers were built specifically to Ron Cooper's (ASL founder) specifications and he hand built the crossovers using the very best components at the time.

The speakers work flawlessly. The cabinets are in really good condition for their age and there no holes or tears on the cloth covers/grills or broken lugs. One of the badges is missing but I have ordered some new ones.

REVIEWS

"The Motet 8015's very neutral and tonally balanced sound quality lets the music do the talking...... In this, it must be said that the 8015's certainly show their "ABC monitor" heritage."

Australian Hi-Fi magazine.

Pictures:

Motet (2).jpg

Motet (4).jpg

Motet (5).jpg

Motet (6).jpg

Motet (7).jpg

I listened to these speakers and found them warm sounding, with decent bass response and good imaging. I have been looking around for a floorstander however will stick with bi-amped LS3/5a clones with AB-1 until something else crops up. 

I will accept $260 for them. If they don't sell at that price I will keep them.

I would like to delete this listing as I have decided to keep them. Can anyone tell me how to do this? I can not figure it out.

There is a button about 2pm above your advert says report your post as sold, use that 

Thanks. I thought of doing that but as they are not 'sold' I opted not to use it. I might keep the listing live for another week or so. Then I will do as you suggested.

3 hours ago, earlcole said:

I would like to delete this listing as I have decided to keep them. Can anyone tell me how to do this? I can not figure it out.

If you want the listing closed rather than marked as "sold", hit "report post" and ask one of the friendly mods to close it.

This item has been withdrawn from sale or relisted.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By MixedBag
      Item: The Beatles 
      Price: $900 ONO (reasonable offers only please)
      Item Condition: Vinyl NM, Box/cover VG+
      Reason for selling: Someone else will appreciate this more...
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, or bank transfer
      Extra Info:
      An Original Master Recording
      UHQR by Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab
      Limited edition no. 2079 (of 5000)
      No certificate of authenticity unfortunately.
      Will be posted with signature for $25, Australia wide.

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

• By Dimitri K
      Item: TANDBERG HI-FI SPEAKERS 112-7
      Price: $380
      Item Condition: Excellent condition
      Reason for selling: Not using
      Extra Info: Tandberg 2-Way Speaker System Model Hi-Fi System 112-7.
      Extremely rare, Vintage wooden case, 60 - 16000 Hz, 3,2 ohms, Made in Norway.

• By Fergalicious
      Hi all,
      I’m after some advice about a new turntable. I have so many questions but I’ll try to keep this post to the essentials at the moment.
      Basically, I’m after turntable, possibly vintage, of reasonable quality. I’ve got approval for $300 from the wife but I reckon I could push her to $400 without too many issues. I’d be playing these through a pair of Dali concept bookshelf speakers and either an 80s era Yamaha amp (nothing special) or a more recent pioneer amp. A better amp purchase will come later. My music choices will be rock/indie, all eras, a lot of modern stuff like Radiohead, the National, Bon Iver. Also a little bit of jazz.
      I’m quite handy with electronics and mechanical stuff so a vintage turntable doesn’t scare me with maintenance. I service my own guitars and amps just fine so I think I’ll pick it up alright.

I’m currently looking at a pioneer pl-15r for $260 that has been serviced by a guy in Adelaide that sells a lot of vintage gear.
      There’s also a pioneer pl-15d for $150 but this would need some work to get it right.
      Are these worth it? I keep reading about getting a project debut on the forums but an all manual turntable scares me a bit. I’m the kind of guy who will put a record on and then get distracted by something and leave the thing spinning for hours so an auto return deck seems to be the right fit for me. Unless you all say I’m an idiot and the project is so much better than the pioneer that I’d be stupid to consider anything else.
      I've also got my eye on a dual cs505-2 in good nick for $175. These seem to be a bit more complicated and may not be anything special anyway.
      Any help and advice is greatly appreciated. I don’t need audiophile quality or anything, just something that will sound good and I won’t outgrow in 6 months.
      Thanks, sorry for the essay,
      Ferg
    • By ThroneofGame
      Item: Original Vintage Knosti Disco-Antistat Record Washing Device
      Price: $70
      Item Condition:  Like new - hardly used - except for the box - it was made about 20 years ago!
      Reason for selling:  I have a VPI record cleaning machine
      Extra Info:  This is the German-made - pre-unification (says Made in W. Germany) - original version of probably the most economical record cleaning device on the market!

Cleans 7", 10" and 12" Records  All fluids etc are supplied in the box. Manual Record Cleaner. This is a very cost effective wet cleaning system for LP’s. Supplied with Full instructions and 1.0 Litres of Cleaning Fluid Easy To Use Excellent Value Extra Cleaning Fluid Easily obtainable
      Submerges a record in a bath of cleaning fluid.
      The principle is simple, two discs with a 100mm diameter, clamp each side of the record's label, thus protecting it during cleaning, this then rests in a groove at the top of the rectangular cleaning bath, the bath is topped up with supplied cleaning fluid, the record is then rotated around its central axis. As the record passes through the bath, two sets of brushes clean each side of the album. Once you’re happy with the results simply remove the record and centre clamps, and place your clean album on the rack to dry. Because the cleaning solution contains wetting agent, records dry without smears. When cleaning is complete, pour your used cleaning fluid from the bath through a filtering funnel back into you cleaning fluid bottle for re-use.

Read Marc Rushton's reveiw here:  https://www.stereo.net.au/reviews/review-knosti-disco-antistat-record-cleaner

• By Sensit60
      Item:  Yamaha Natural Sound AM/FM stereo tuner T-760 
      Price: free to collect for $20 donation to StereoNet
      Item Condition:   Operating when last used.
      Reason for selling: not able to use
      Payment Method: Pick up
      Extra Info:   This unit was chosen and used by Graham Thirkell, renowned professional audio design engineer.