WITHDRAWN OR RELISTED: Audiosound Laboratories Motet 8015 Floor Standing Speakers

Item: Audiosound Laboratories Motet 8015 Floor Standing Speakers
Price: 295
Item Condition: 8/10
Reason for selling: Too many speakers!
5a14efc236c11_Motet(3).thumb.jpg.a65f724aff95b8d8ce5202b388269fb3.jpg
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
Extra Info:

For sale is a pair of very hard to find and highly sought after Australian built ASL speakers that won an Australian Design Award in 1991. Because they are so honest, transparent and uncoloured they were the ABC's choice of studio monitor for several years. Jazz musician James Morrison only uses ASL monitors in his studio. They are a three-speaker, symmetrical two-way design with 18dB/Octave crossover and wide dispersion treble unit. They are 6 Ohm speakers rated at 10 – 130 watts RMS with a frequency response of 40 – 18kHz and 90 dB sensitivity. The drivers were built specifically to Ron Cooper's (ASL founder) specifications and he hand built the crossovers using the very best components at the time.

The speakers work flawlessly. The cabinets are in really good condition for their age and there no holes or tears on the cloth covers/grills or broken lugs. One of the badges is missing but I have ordered some new ones.

REVIEWS

"The Motet 8015's very neutral and tonally balanced sound quality lets the music do the talking...... In this, it must be said that the 8015's certainly show their "ABC monitor" heritage."

Australian Hi-Fi magazine.

Pictures:

Motet (2).jpg

Motet (4).jpg

Motet (5).jpg

Motet (6).jpg

Motet (7).jpg

I listened to these speakers and found them warm sounding, with decent bass response and good imaging. I have been looking around for a floorstander however will stick with bi-amped LS3/5a clones with AB-1 until something else crops up. 

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks. I thought of doing that but as they are not 'sold' I opted not to use it. I might keep the listing live for another week or so. Then I will do as you suggested.

3 hours ago, earlcole said:

I would like to delete this listing as I have decided to keep them. Can anyone tell me how to do this? I can not figure it out.

If you want the listing closed rather than marked as "sold", hit "report post" and ask one of the friendly mods to close it.

• 2 weeks later...
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By don76
      Item Condition: Sealed Mint Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: East Melbourne State: VIC Payment Method: Direct Deposit, Paypal, Cash on Pick-up Reason for selling: Surplus Further information:

Here is one of the most praised / desired Record Store Day releases from last year.
      Features the following bands:
      Faith No More
      Sepultura
      Biohazard
      White Zombie
      Megadeth
      and more....

All paying tribute to the pioneers of metal - Black Sabbath.

Limited to 3000 copies.
      Sealed Mint - sharp corners, clean edges.

Shipping available to Oz & NZ at Auspost rates.
      Pick in East Melbourne welcome - but is CASH ONLY.

Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved You understand that a reasonable donation for selling fees is expected upon successful sale of your item
      - if you have previously sold items and not made a donation, your advertisement may not be approved.
    • By lazenby
      Item Condition: New old stock Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Inner city melbourne State: VIC Payment Method: Paypal, EFT, Cash on Pickup Reason for selling: No longer into hifi Further information:

I imported this from the UK around 12 years ago. Other than testing it is essentially unused. As seen from the internal pics this could have come off the factory line yesterday. I have not seen another version like this with BBC notations and additional transformer on the side of the unit to provide what is likely native balanced mono output. Of course real enthusiasts will use this unit with an mpx decoder for superior results and stereo output.

Photos:

• By rowdy2026
      Item Condition: Like New Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition. Suburb or Town: Tea Tree Gully State: SA Payment Method: Cash on Pickup Reason for selling: Wanting to purchase a new guitar. 1975 Vintage Denon PMA700Z 
      In Perfect Working & Physical Condition. 
      Very Rare & Powerful Integrated Amplifier. 
      Part of Denon Professional Series. 
      Dual Phono Inputs. 
      80w P/Channel. Made in Japan.
       *Local Pickup Only 

• By candyflip
      Item Condition: As described below Shipping Options: Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Bulleen State: VIC Payment Method: Paypal, EFT Reason for selling: latest finds  

Four Tops - Night Lights Harmony
      US 1975 OG in sealed condition
      (ABC Records - ABCD-862)
      M/M   SEALED!! No hole punches, corner cuts, etc.
      Gorgeous cover is as new.
      "Very smooth soul album from the vocal quartet filled with some upbeat and down beat gems.
      Hardly any disco in this album if any, mostly funk and slow jams. Definitely no disappointment in this release".
      Nice vintage US rarity.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Delivery Methods:  NO PICKUPS SORRY - mail only.
      Bank transfers, or PayPal (Friends & Family only, no notes) are both welcome.

STUFF YOU NEED TO KNOW:
              Once sold, a donation to SNA of 5% of items total will follow.
              Any title here gets a brand new inner and/or outer quality Blake sleeve as needed before shipping.
              I try and ship 3-4 days a week.

THE SMALL PRINT:
             I fully guarantee everything I offer  - if you don't like any item for whatever reason, return it at my expense for a full refund, no questions asked (verified 30 day+ active Forum members only thanks)..
             Original contents are stored inside the cover.
      I try to ship all records themselves outside the cover, so any postal damage is minimised.
             I use mostly s/hand pre-made cardboard mailers for all orders, and these virtually guarantee safe arrival of your record (they are also MUCH faster to pack).
             Combined postage to anywhere in Australia at cost (or close enough) and is EXTRA (ie. not included in prices). 
            ABSOLUTELY NO LOCAL PICKUPS - don't ask - it's not going to happen.
      Complain to me loudly if anything goes wrong (although it barely ever does) - and it'll be fixed, in your favour.

• By Alpine Electrocats
      Item Condition: Very good Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Canberra State: ACT Payment Method: EFT PayPal Reason for selling: No longer needed Further information:
      this is actually a pl-41a which looks identical to the Pl50

The pl-41a is a manual deck with a very good fairly heavy tonearm, with no anti skate. 
      In very good Nic- excellent but a chip in wood at the front( see photos) .  These decks sell for $500 on eBay.
      cool features:
      lid can be held up  by a fitted metal piece
      arm lift and drop are controlled from a lever at the front
      arm drop has a speed control 
      cartridge has very low hours ( i can also  remove or sell separately)
      belts are still available for this
      it also has a head shell which looks to be carbon fibre, not sure though

Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved You understand that a reasonable donation for selling fees is expected upon successful sale of your item